2021-05-13 15:20:09 (edited by Socheat 2021-05-23 16:56:15)

Update:
We now have a dedicated page for these playthroughs, thanks to Amerikranian and kaigoku for their efforts. You can find all these playthroughs here.
As Amazon S3 can be pricy, please don't abuse the system buy using automated download, or mass download all files at once.
I will leave the rest of the original post here, and I don't change the topic subject.
Original post:
Heya all

I know many members in this community had posted lots of audiogames recordings from the past years. Some of them are quite entertaining, while others are also helpful. But as you know, most recordings are not stored in a permanent locations, or put it simply, a permanent hosting or storage. Thus the recordings are lost, unless someone have a backup of it.
So, my question is, does anyone has setup a folder somewhere for store all those recordings?
Thanks.

2021-05-13 15:22:41

AG archive do this. You can submit recordings to them if you'd like, of course giving proper creditation where necessary.

2021-05-13 15:39:11

@haily, Ag archive only has most recent recordings. Some of the recordings that people did in the past are nowhere to be found.
It's either no one submitted it, or no one have the old recordings...

2021-05-13 16:39:42 (edited by amerikranian 2021-05-13 16:48:29)

I have like 70 gb of recordings which I have amassed over 6 or so years. Why? Long story, the short gist is I needed something to adjust to while moving to U.S. and I found recordings to be soothing and educational in terms of language value. I'm still updating the archive with new content because I am a creature of habit. The problem is its size. Right now it's on my external hard drive, which it won't fill any time soon. However, things like Dropbox are out of the question because of monetary reasons (I'm sorry, I don't want an archive that badly). If you could provide me with space, I'll provide you with files. Sync is not an option either, not unless you want me forgetting to turn it on for six or so months.

2021-05-13 16:49:38

I don't have anything personally, but I do have a girlfriend, who has a server, which has a hole shit load of storage. I might be able to fix something, perhaps. It could take awhile though.

2021-05-13 16:59:23 (edited by amerikranian 2021-05-13 17:00:57)

Like I said, I don't need anything fancy but space and a way to upload to it or update content. The latter is technically optional but only if you want a static snapshot of my collection and do not wish to receive new stuff as I find it.

2021-05-13 17:00:26

KeyWasFull used to have a BTSinc folder with lots of game recordings. I have no idea if it's still accessible, probably not being updated, but there was definitely good content in there.

2021-05-13 17:01:39 (edited by threeblacknoises 2021-05-13 17:04:21)

Hay amerikranian, do you have carrie's old bk3 recording?
I mean the first one she did, as I have the  two newest ones.
I'm missing that one.
Regarding sending files, even though it'd be kind of slow, you could always brake up your archive and put it on dropbox, google drive, and maybe others, then send the links to agarchive so they could post it.
Just an idea...
Later!

2021-05-13 17:04:05

@nidza07, I have most of said folder in the collection (I think I'm missing a playthrough of BK3 by Cary), but also I don't think he kept it up to date. I remember seeing some PG13 stuff and being very surprised that they had more than what was in sync when going on their website.
Speaking of, if you go to PG13LP.com, they have around 150 hours worth of stuff concerning games. Highly entertaining, I'd strongly recommend. They used to be my playlist for learning English (there were a lot of points where I lost the meaning of conversations so a relisten was in order).

2021-05-13 17:06:15

Sorry for double post, I just saw a reply by threeblacknoises. I have 2 versions that I can think of, one of them being her final recording. I dono if the other one is the "old" one. My apologies.
I also don't think I have your recordings of Remnant, so if you could upload those again I'd be much obliged and actually save them, LOL.

2021-05-13 17:16:29

AGArchive was doing it, if they publicly ask people to submit it can be better

2021-05-13 17:17:31

OH cool, PG13 also helped me a lot with learning English, especially having actual conversations smile
I can definitely recommend as well.

2021-05-13 17:28:09

Yes, it's a very good idea to upload this archive of recordings somewhere. I also really like to collect different recordings

2021-05-13 17:30:05 (edited by kaigoku 2021-05-13 17:34:12)

Hey this is actually a cool idea. I was thinking maybe someone could upload recordings to S3 in AWS, and ask for donations. I'd be happy to sponsor. I think it's pretty cheap per GB a month, plus some money for data access.
Additionally, if someone wanted to start a simple website, that'd be kind of cool too. But that's something too ambitious I would think. smile
I always wanted game recordings for nostalgic sake, and also provides good working background sound.
I think data storage on AWS, or similar cloud platform, is bit more stable than running a server on VPS. But either way, it'd be cool to have something central like that. Because Dropbox and suc, definitely not the best for this kind of endeavor.

2021-05-13 17:51:19

Regarding submission to AG archive, I'm afraid that not all the content I have could qualify for this. Cary's recordings of BK3, for example, are pretty much the same ideas done across different versions of the game. I believe that the archive specifically mentions that it will not accept repetitive content. I'm more than willing to split the folder into multiple parts (you'd naturally have to give me some time if we were actually to go this root) but I would like some assurance that my work would not be in vane.

2021-05-13 19:06:07

Hay amerikranian, I have two bk3 recordings By Carie.
The new one is over a gig, and the old one I have is 892 megs.
Maybe that's the one you have, I don't know.
Later!

2021-05-14 03:34:58

@threeblacknoises, I was wrong, I only have the 893mb version. I swore I saved the newest one, but oh well. I would appreciate it if you could send that my way, too, LOL.

2021-05-14 05:47:59

An archive of recordings like this would be awesome. I know I would love it just for the enjoyment of being able to listen to them for the fun of it. I had been thinking about a way to be able to help out with something like this, and, at this point, the only solution I have to offer is that I do have a DropBox account with two TB's of storage space. I was also thinking of trying to set up some kind of FTP server, but I have no idea how to even begin going about that as of yet.

2021-05-14 07:06:49

@amerikranian, If you could somehow get the recordings to me, I could possibly start a BT Sync folder. My comp is on quite a bit so whenever someone adds something it should update

2021-05-14 09:18:07

I also have 1Tb of OneDrive space.

2021-05-14 12:19:16

@Amerikranian: Maybe submit all of them to the AG archive.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-05-14 12:21:24

I could try to setup an FTP server, but since the recordings double the size of my vps storage, I couldn't. unless you split it up.

2021-05-14 16:27:08

I'm glad there's interest in this.
Re, BTSync. I could do it, but it really isn't a preferred option. Sync is notorious for slow downloading speeds when we have a multitude of members. I'm not entirely against the idea, but I'd like to wait a bit in case a better option presents itself. I would also have to have write access and potentially expand said ability to other contributors, but I feel like that is partially given.
Re, submission to AG archive. Please read post 15. The short gist is that I'm not sure of their stance on repetitive content from multiple people, I.e, I have trajectory's Paladin recording, but I also have mine. We both pretty much do the same thing except he hasn't finished his post game stuff yet. I don't know if the archive would include both of our recordings, which is fine, but that sort of defeats the point of an archive if you have singular viewpoints. I'll shoot them an email and see if I could get a conversation going... that is if somebody doesn't get to it first (I'm currently in school). If you do, please post here and let us all know, I'd hate to spam them with similar emails.
Re, splitting folder into several parts. Once again, I can do this, you would just have to give me some details as to maximum file size, place to upload them, etc.

2021-05-14 17:06:36

I could run a website, because I found a shared hosting plan for $28 per year. They gives you 175GB SSd space, which I think it is more than enough to host those recordings. But here are the thing:

• I am currently at university and don't have the budget to do so. If I have, I'd say why not? This community had helped me a lot in the past.

• My website skill still limited. If I can code well with PHP, I would be happy to host the site. And I'm not great with WordPress, either.

• Team work would be preferable.

2021-05-18 11:56:53

@Amerikranian I've sent you a PM.