2021-04-23 13:56:52

Hi,

The game called Lost in blindness from Unseen interactive will be released in three weeks on Steam. Heres an official description and link to wishlist it:

Lost in Blindness is more then just a game, it is a whole new gaming experience!

Play as Alex, a young blind archeologist and follow the tracks left behind by the disappearance of the Mayan civilization! In this blind adventure game, discover an incredible 3D environment only by listening to the sounds around you, without using your eyes to see.

Explore a temple in the middle of the Amazonia and solve the puzzles that it hides. Thanks to a choice-based dialogue system, make your own decisions that will change the course of your story, to make it even more shocking!

And since adventure game should have it’s share of action and infiltration, watch your back… Because it seems that creatures and people don’t want you discovering the secrets protected by this temple!
But don’t worry, your friends are here to help you on your journey... at least... you think so...

Fellow Videomakers, thanks to our “Streamer Mode”, you can also share your experience with your audience, letting them see your actions and progression live while you are blindfolded!
Entertainment guaranteed!

Lost in Blindness is the promise of a game like you've never seen before!

So... Ready to experience the LOST IN BLINDNESS adventure?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1564 … ce=SteamDB

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2021-04-23 14:14:02 (edited by Lucas1 2021-04-23 14:16:11)

Okay this actually sounds cool because of the choice-based dialog system, hopefully it actually ya know, matters. THe streamer mode also sounds interesting, if I understand it right it will only broadcast the game's graphics to your livestream and not to you. I think that might be good for keeping sighted people interested.

2021-04-23 14:56:32

blindness trope, combined with blind in the title.
hard pass

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-04-23 15:03:03

@3: Yeah, this unnecessary blindness trope iss a bit annoying, but in my opinion not a reason to not try a game.
Will this be steam only?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-23 15:06:04

Yes, the blindness trope is annoying. I wish they wouldn't do that, and it will probably be executed poorly. I just think if it's not it could be cool, but I won't buy it if there's no demo.

2021-04-23 15:09:30

Well, I don't care about the title when the game is good enough. We'll see if We should really  care about these details.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2021-04-23 15:21:50

I hope it will be released somewhere other than steam. Honestly, I think the blind trope is used more to justify an audio only game to a sighted audience. As long as it’s a good game, it doesn’t bother me.

2021-04-23 15:30:57

It doesn't bother me enough to not play it if I think it'll be good, but yeah, it grows tiresome.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-23 15:48:46 (edited by Dark 2021-04-23 15:49:06)

The banging on the blindness drum might not be so bad if the game presents a real blind character, IE, someone who actually has character traits outside of being blind, after all, Blind drive did a great job with its characterisation.

I'm also wondering whether the game will do anything interesting with its gameplay mechanics, since while the streaming thing might be good in terms of just getting sighted gamers interested in audiogames, I don't know if it will contribute to the game itself.

Unfortunately, the writeup says nothing about how the actual gameplay will work. I presume since it mentions action and infiltration that there will be some kind of exploration element as opposed to this being a grail to the thief style interactive audio drama.

Again, I expect this will probably end up being another of those games we always get when sighted developers suddenly discover the new and wonderful concept of audio games , first person exploration/adventure where the very boppit like combat and shear need to navigate by sound, is seen as an innovation, Ie, another terraformers, A western drama  or a blind legend.

Nothing wrong with that in principle, but it would be nice to see things actually progress for once, I mean, terraformers came out in 2005, and the fact that (unlike falling squirrel games), this developers hasn't actually visited the community or (as far as we know), played the likes of swamp and seen what's previously been done in audio doesn't bode well on the inovation front.

However, as with all things, we'll have to wait and see, since even if it does end up being another A blind legend or a western drama, both still provided a few hours of fun.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-23 16:05:37

HAHA, maybe we should add "sighted" somewhere in the name of all mainstream games.
Sighted world of warcraft for example.
But first of all, we have  urgently to correct the titel: Ori and the blind forest to Ori and the sighted forest.
Otherwise, in the end, a visually impaired person will believe that this game is accessible, HAHAHA!

2021-04-23 16:20:57

Okay, in that case its poker time!
The big sighted will be 15 dollars, the small sighted 5 dollars, and just to make sure the game is fair, which deck of cards we use will be a sighted draw by an impartial person wearing a sighted fold, only sighted luck and people's skill at bluffing will determine how the game goes.

since it is very sunny outside, we will also have the sighteds open in every room :d.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-23 16:42:23

@9: Agreed. It seems strange that they don't talk about how gameplay actually works. And I think the streamer mode won't do anything except for what's been said in the description.

@10, @11: Haha, good wordplay there.

Just to add one of my own: I love it when YouTubers go into sighted rage mode and just rant at the top of their lungs.
And shouldn't the developers of A hero's call have called themselves Out Of Blind Games, so everybody knows they're making audio games?
I know I am stealing the concept here, but it's too good to pass.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-23 16:48:13

Actually there's a lot of exploration, opening doors / passages and interacting with surrounding. This is what I know  from french videos about the game. It sounds really interesting but of course We'll see if it's good or not, cloning the same stuff We have or not. There's actually something like escaping from chupacabra which is stomping around, descroying your surroundings.
Interesting what this will be like but I am interested.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2021-04-23 17:14:39 (edited by Dark 2021-04-23 17:15:06)

@Lirin, nice to hear about the videos, though I don't doubt the exploration will be fun given the game's setting.

for all my grousing about seeing this adventure formula done over and again, it is actually a formula which has had some very nice sounding results over the years.
My issue is more whether the gameplay will involve more than just locate goal in fp audio while avoiding similar static hazard, EG more interactable objects than just stuff you walk into, if the game has combat, something more than just boppit hear and react, but all of this we'll just have to wait and see, and at worst, it'll undoubtedly be a good audio experience, since usually when these projects are attempted, one can almost guarantee the sound environments and atmosphere are always well put together given the developers' clear access to resources.

2021-04-23 18:25:00

Is this game going to be in English? I’m only asking because the website isn’t.

2021-04-23 21:04:44

Sounds like another story driven game with no replay value sad

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2021-04-23 21:28:18

"Play as Alex, a young blind archeologist"
HMM, i think we should be happy that they didnt titled the game Blindiana Jones.

2021-04-23 22:46:56

@17: True.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-24 00:34:05

Well, let's just wait and see and not hope that this is one of those 15 minute type experimental games, you kknow the kind.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-04-24 06:38:57

Blindiana Jones and the lost Mayan temple. In the Amazon? Checks out.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2021-04-24 07:12:53

I think, that waiting for the release might just be a better choice than sitting here going after its title and jumping to conclusions without even knowing what the game entails big_smile

Abay chal.

2021-04-24 07:41:48

@17 LOL! Also, out of curiosity, has anyone tried Ori and the Blind Forest? Steve Saylor did the Willow the Wisps sequel or however you spell it.

Who we are is God's gift to us. Who we become is our gift to God.

2021-04-24 10:44:33

cool. I am looking forward to it. I don't mind the blind trope if it is used to justify the game mechanics to a sighted gamer. I actually really liked a blind legend. I think you can still have quite an entertaining game with those kind of mechanics as long as the sound design, voice acting, and story are high quality.

2021-04-24 13:39:16

why does the character have to be blind? it's an audio game so lets make them blind.  ugh. another one.

2021-04-24 14:55:28

Because there needs to be a justification to a sighted market as to why the game doesn't have any graphics.

"Oh cool. You're an archeologist, so where are the graphics?"
"Well. We don't have graphics. It's audio-only."
"Why is it audio-only?"
"Because the main character is blind."
"oh okay. Makes sense now."

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven