2021-04-20 17:54:40

Reported post 41.
And as for being walked on vs. insulting/firing back, I'd like to think I generally am able to walk that line. Can you think of anyone on this forum who walks all over me? Alternatively, can you think of anyone on this forum who receives personal attacks from me? If I can walk that line, then so can everybody else.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-04-20 17:56:44

Here is a little story.

Back in primary school we had art classes. One day, I decided to take the scissors and cut a small chunk of my hair. Nobody actually noticed so I was fine.

2021-04-20 20:26:42

jayde, report recieved and dealt with. Ok, so:
Moderation:
Ghost: You opted to double down, and it earned you warning number two. Everyone has explained what is wrong with post 41, and the sentiment is clearly a sign of ill-advised social interaction. Not every matter is a measure of who is worthy of respect on an intellectual level, or lack thereof. Especially! something of this magnitude, or definite lack thereof.
If someone is insulting you, insulting them back does not make you any better. Do you have to overcompensate and be a generous angel? Hell no. But you also must make a dignified response. Attack the stance, not the person.
Modding over. Rather than flaming, maybe try a game or two. I hear this one is pretty good.

2021-04-20 22:26:16

From an individual stance, I've found human interaction to be like a chinese finger trap. The more force you use, the more you will struggle. It really is better to just maintain dignity and not stoop to namecalling and personal attacks.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2021-04-20 22:35:29

Kinda funny how a topic regarding haircutting, which I just had, btw, resulted in someone getting 2 warns straight in a row. Well, I guess, the second one is on his own stupidity, but still. kinda funny to think about. Usually its topics about major people leaving the community or something that causes these kinda situations, not a dude asking for help to keep himself clean and human lol.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-04-21 09:18:33

Funny you should mention that game Jack. You see...

I was gonna update the game, but I was high.
I was gonna change the autoaim, but I was high.
I'm doin' it next 4/20, and I know why, yeah yeah,
Because I got high, because I got high, because I got high!
Now I'm postin' a day too late, because I got high,
I just couldn't read today's the date, because I got high.
This game is gonna fail real soon, and I know why, yeah yeah, Because I got high, because I got high, because I got high!

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-04-21 10:38:25 (edited by Ghost 2021-04-21 10:39:30)

all right, several points.  you guuys, all of you suddenly became   psychological councelers with no. degree. None of you are remotely qualified, especially not on a  public forum  to make determinations on a person's  social or any other personal skills.   That is simply a fact. And the fact that some  people doing the same were the same people who turned right around and accused me of being an armchair biologist even though I made no such claim is fucking hilarious and ironic. Also the funny thing is same people thing themselves the most intelligent in the world  just because they happen to write some code. How a person acts on a forum versus in real life are two very different things. And I stand by what I said, on a public forum and most professional environments with a rivalry between everyone, being a respected or feared person is very much preferable to someone  noone takes seriously and walks all over. GCW, you accusing me of being a bully while you started this shitstorm? That is ironic too. A bully is someone like you, who attacks everyone left and right, not someone who is polite until someone walks up and punches them in the face. I think it would take a real bully to give you a bloody beating and put you in the hospital for you to learn and realize what a real bully is.
Oh also, academic intelligence is a bullshit term too. There is no such thing as academmic intelligence, go read through all of the theories of intelligence, I have, and you won't find such a term. Iether you have it, which can be based on some tests, which have problems, or you don't, or you fall somewhere in the middle.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2021-04-21 11:38:31 (edited by Ghost 2021-04-21 11:39:42)

As for attacking a stance versus a person, that is all well and good in theory, and works well in an intelectual debate, not when  your opponents don't even know what they're talking about or resort to personal attacks. In this context it is like saying I don't condone the idea of throwing a punch, while the person throwing it  doesn't care whether you do or not.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2021-04-21 12:10:23

Well looks like someone is quickly on the path to a ban.

_____

2021-04-21 13:23:26

@59 I gotta agree

2021-04-21 13:34:28

Thing is, its pretty easy to get upset. Shit happens, you feel like you're attacked or whatever, and you lash out. But then, after the first warn, you literally come back, with a stronger burning passion, and get warned again. Like, how does one do that? If you're as smart and well-educated as you claim to be, then you'd make out just how stupid you're actually portraying yourself to be. I mean come on, its not cute or funny. Its just stupid. Also you claim that nobody in here has a degree, for your knowledge, 49, from what I remember is a therapist. Don't go asuming like you're the only one on here with a college education.

_____

2021-04-21 13:39:05

you  are thinking under the assumption that I actually care how anyone here  perceives me

2021-04-21 13:54:26

I too have a degree in the IT world

2021-04-21 13:56:29

And this is what we mean when we say you have no social skills. And I'd dare go far as to say common decency

_____

2021-04-21 14:00:23

I'm not going to go diagnosing you psychologically, Ghost. I care about your actions, not your diagnosis.
Do you exhibit this behaviour in the workplace? Do you have a job? Honest question there, that's not a jab. In my admittedly limited personal experience, doing what you're doing on this forum in a professional setting will get you fired, perhaps even sued for harassment if you go far enough. Doing it to a friend will get you kicked to the curb. Doing it to a romantic partner will get you dropped like a hot potato.
Nobody's saying you should be a doormat. But fear? Seriously? You want people to be afraid of you? I have news for you, pal. I have never been afraid of you, and I'm never going to be. What's more, I guarantee you that 100.0% of the people on this forum do not fear you, and I'd wager that most people on the forum now also don't respect you. So you're failing on both counts.
Blustering and attacking are not the way to earn respect. And in order to wield fear like a weapon, you actually have to possess the ability to do stuff that frightens people. And I gotta tell ya, yelling on an internet forum doesn't count.
Look, I'll level with you. In my time here and elsewhere, I feel like I've occasionally laid some pretty righteous verbal beat-downs on people. I have done so as a means of educating people, protecting people and, yes, to some extent, making people feel ashamed for their behaviour if it's bad enough. You know what I've never, ever thought, no matter how rough I get? I've never once thought that these folks are suddenly going to respect me, or that they're going to fear me. I earn respect by actually being a decent human being, and I view fear as counterproductive. The Jayde who showed up here on the forum, got hung out to dry in his first week and made some truly awful decisions may have appeared to have been trying to govern through fear, but even then, that was not my intention, even if it seemed otherwise.
tl.dr: even for your stated aims, Ghost, you're failing miserably. My advice: quit while you're still only moderately behind. You still have time to salvage your reputation. I think it starts with an apology to the community. Of course, if you really don't give a rip about how you're perceived here, then you're just going to go on doing what you do, and we'll see the end of you before much more time has passed, I bet.

2021-04-21 14:00:34

There's the "You all think I care but I don't muhahahaha" argument again. I've seen this so often on this forum. And it's a very sad one every time.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-04-21 15:03:20

Good, if you don't care then leave. Everyone wins. You win because you don't have to deal with us. We win because we don't have to deal with you.

But no matter what you call this, it's a dick swinging contest. If we made this about physical strength rather than intelligence, the result would be the same. DO you really think you'll shatter my world view if you prove yourself to be to be more intelligent than I? I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you probably are.

So now what. What do you have left to hold over me. I've given you what you wanted, so now what? Are you feeling just a little unfulfilled now? Did you want to drag me through the muddy streets, beat it out of me? Was it insufficient to the primordial rage bubbling up from a well deep within yourself?

How does it feel to know that you no longer have a card to play against me? I gave you what you wanted to take from me by force, and now you're standing there and you don't know what to do, do you?

Your veil of politeness lifted anytime that someone dared to challenge you. Anytime someone would make a rebuttal to one of your points, it started slipping up and away. Now that we see who you truly are, any illusion that others saw can easily be dispelled.

So here you are, naked and seething before us, the savagery that can no longer be contained is written all over your face. You are old, wizened, and your eyes are sunken in because the rage that you hold has eaten you and aged you. It has weakened you, and you hold your fists up, shaking them. But your hands are hard and leathery, and is that a tremble we see?

You have no power over us and you never have. Your deep-seated anger bubbles and boils, and spills out of you like magma running down the face of a volcano. The choice is yours, but you should probably make one. After all, how undignified is it to be standing here in front of all of us, tiny fists quivering, eyes ablaze with hate and tear drops running down your cheeks.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-04-21 15:03:39

Fear? Brah, you reminded me of most of the radical ideological folks here in my society. Ahem ahem.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2021-04-21 18:43:28

@62 Then why go through all this trouble of fear and respect. That makes me think you do care. I'm confused. @67 Now now. I think we get the picture. That being said, this really has gone off the rails. As far as haircuts go, I never have cut my  own hair. I suppose I could give it a go. I don't know. Anyone get any kind of fulfillment out of it?

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2021-04-22 11:28:08 (edited by Ghost 2021-04-22 11:29:03)

Jayde,  With all due respect, my personal life is not rellevent here to this discussion. Also how I would act in  in the real world, where people behave quite a bit different than GCW does.
And GCw, I really don't care at all what you think of me, my posts were responses to your insults and personal attacks, and I am done. Oh also, vale of politeness? There wasn't a vale, I am all for debates in a civil manner, if you don't start the personal insults and attacks.

2021-04-22 16:03:43

Lol Connor, like the reference.

2021-04-22 16:04:29

Ghost, the forum is, at least to some extent, a reflection of real life. If it isn't, then why do you believe the two are different? When you're here on the forum, you're still talking to living, breathing human beings, each of them with their own successes and struggles and hang-ups and quirks. You're still interacting with people; you're just doing it remotely. What it sounds like you're trying to say is that you feel you don't need to hold yourself to half-decent standards when there's no fear of reprisal, that the only reason you're decent to people, by and large, is when they exist in your everyday life and might be able to leverage real-life consequences against you. I mean, if there's some other explanation which puts your behaviour into some kind of context, I invite you to share it, but absent that explanation, I can only conclude that you're basically a keyboard warrior who thinks that blustering and posturing is the appropriate method with which to engage others. That being the case, congratulations. GCW may be incendiary and difficult to deal with at times - sorry, GCW, but it's true, and you've admitted as much - but at least he'll sometimes take a step back and own his shit. You appear to just be doubling down, because how dare someone insult you or impugn your apparent "expertise" on a fucking internet forum. You've got your priorities ass backward, bro. Put more energy into your everyday life, and less effort into making yourself look like an overmatched and underconfident child here on the forum. Frankly, you give intellectuals a bad name, and I've had it with your excuses and your justifications. Cut the crap and behave, or get the hell out. Those are your options.

2021-04-24 12:33:13 (edited by Ghost 2021-04-24 12:50:16)

and  Jayde, you keep wondering wwhy  people kept  asking you to resign. Could  it just be that your tone and  attitude towards others  is errogant and self righteous? The forum is supposed to be a reflection of the real world, but it is not. If GCW acts and talks the way he does in rl, he's going to have very serious issues, and when someone talks like that to me, and comes in with guns blazing, they get a response which is similar. I have never in my life seen someone display such a high level of assholery. Seriously like  in real life the natural  level of assholeness is something like 0.1% or so, but here it goes up to 15%.  And the moderators seem to love reading flame wars, or topics like  this. This thread should have been locked long ago. Also, intelectuality and my degree are totally irrelevent to this discussion until GCW decided to mix it in.

2021-04-24 13:39:03

okay, I'm not going to comment further, since I really don't know anything else I can say.
the reason I'm writing this post, is to say that Jayde, personally I've never found the way you've spoken to users to be a problem.
the only exception is at the end of 2018, but that time has long passed.
I will say some of your posts recently have seemed a bit too snappy, but nothing too bad, and definitely not a reason to call for your resignation.
actually, on the topic of you resigning, I forgot to post this in the main topic , but thanks a lot for all you did for us as an admin, Jayde.
I found you a great help in flames and a very reasonable person on most things.
I'm really sorry things got to a point where you had to resign, and I want you to know that I, and others, really appreciate all you did for us.
and not only as an admin, either.
most of your posts are logical, fair, and I found they always make me think.
and even though I don't use it, your manamon guide sounds awesome, and your script rewrite for the second game as well.
so, thanks for everything, Jayde.
I know this is really late, and I'm sorry about that.
anyway, I digress.

2021-04-24 14:58:01

@73 Lol, we're reaching Hawgpadre levels of twistedness. We're not quite there yet, but we're working on it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united