2021-04-19 11:48:11

The truth still kinda hurts though. I just want games to play is all. No, not your stupid ultra mega hyper survive the bloodspot killer fighter bullet flame fury power made by blinky in his mom's basement productions. Actual games with longterm value.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-04-19 12:35:46

well, don't we all? However, we must drink a cold glass of reality sometimes, and realise what we want isn't always possible, not now, probably not in some time to come.

2021-04-19 15:02:29

Thumbs up @76. I agree 100 %. And the joke game name and dev name are hilarious.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-19 15:26:27

@76:

That was genius, and I echo your sentiment

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2021-04-19 15:35:09

@75
Thanks.  Sadly full-fledged programming tutorials are much harder to write than random posts on a forum.

@76
I mean it's possible.  But it's the kind of possible where instead of getting mad you have to go make a deal with indie devs and then organize a kickstarter and figure out how to get money out of people.

Or you mod games, but instead of saying "let's mod GTA" you pick your targets strategically like Stewie did with Slay the Spire where the mod can easily put us on equal footing with the sighted.  Turn-based game in an easily to decompile language is a good target for that but there are probably others.  I am always astonished that none of the roguelikes have an accessible frontend for one thing, since it's literally already outputting a grid, many are open source, and you're basically just doing something like the BK3 camera with more sounds or something.

The dose of reality I want people to swallow is that this cold calling some dev and being like "blind players exist" and leaving it at that isn't effective in any way.  Go ring some money out of NFB instead.  They've got plenty and they aren't spending it effectively to start with (and if not NFB, then someone else).  I don't know how to get the money but I do know the guide dog orgs have tons of it, and if "help the blind people get dogs" can get money then surely "help the blind people play videogames" can if someone figures out how to unlock it.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992