2021-04-14 01:05:02

Turns out some airpods maxes is on my way. Hold on just a sec, is it airpod max, or airpod maxes when you just get one for my IPhone? To be clear, I did not press the order butten, but an Airpod max is heading my way. Got a few questions. For one thing, I have heard some where that if you had an audiogram in the health app, that you can tell the IPhone to use the audiogram for adjusting the audio of the airPod max to make the audio more personal for my hearing. Think I heard about the app on the knights of the round table, but it could had been the applevis podcast. So my first question is how do I get the best audiogram for this use without spending alot of time and money for something this crazy? Seems like I have heard of an app that would do this, but I do not remember the name. I do not really want to leak out personal info. Not to see about a USB wall plug for my on the way AirPod max... What other settings would people suggest I look at when I get these in on my door step?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2021-04-14 04:01:41

I've never tried uploading an audiogram to the health app for my Airpods, but I've heard the Mimi app is able to do that.
It's far from a professional setup, but it's a free app that is calibrated for Airpods and a few other types of headphones.
I haven't used it before though, so am unsure about how accessible it is.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2021-04-18 01:27:45

Ok, I was able to use that app to get an audiogram sent over to the health app, and that audiogram to adjust the airpod max audio. The only problem, the audio did not sound that great when adjusted to the audiogram. It was almost as if it could not deside exzackly how to  adjust. Sounded od, so I took it back to the default audio. Pairing was easy. These are on the pricey side, so I do not expect that many will get these. As for the case, what was Apple thinking? From my view point, the case is ugly. Let's just say that if you have a bit of a dirty mind, you may find yourself smerking at Apple. The case looks like they just went with simple/cheep instead of a better design. The audio is good for a bluetooth headset. Apple is clearly aiming these for the IPhone, IPad, and the like. So if you have an android device, then you may be better going with something else or at least you would find that these do not really give you all that much seeing that alot of the extras that these will do is aimed for apple stuff.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2021-04-18 02:36:50

Yeah Mimi was a pain to use.
I was able to complete one test successfully but I had to turn Vo off, which is fine, but I wanted to take it again and it kept bringing me back to the 'Set your volume' screen a couple seconds into every test.
Plus, they haven't updated the app in a while and they haven't calibrated it for the Airpods Max yet.

2021-04-18 12:38:14

Funny, I did not find the app all that hard to use with VO on. I had to use the passthrough command a bunch to do the test, but that kept me from hitting the wrong button. Of course, adding the audiogram to the airpod max is where I notice the bad audio mind you. The app not knowing about the airpods max could be where the problem is, because mine usually sound good even with the other audio choices I can make within the settings.

DropBox Referral

2021-04-18 18:59:23

How the hell do you just accidentally get shipped a pare of expensive-ass Bluetooth ear buds?

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-04-18 23:35:51

By PASSTHROUGH COMMAND, DO YOU MEAN THE TWO FINGER DOUBLE TAP AND HOLD?
That gesture is way too slow for you to receive accurate results on a hearing test.  It could be why your audiogram sounds so horrible.
You're supposed to be able to indicate the moment you're able to hear a sound, but that gesture takes long enough that the sound you're hearing will be significantly louder every time.
Also yeah, I'm kind of wondering the same thing.

2021-04-19 00:17:43 (edited by cw 2021-04-19 00:21:23)

Let me correct something for post 6. I did not exzackly accidentally get ship a pair of headphones. Someone who knows me bought them for me and then told me they bought them for me. They wanted to know rather or not they would work with my IPhone. They are close enough to me that I do not have a problem with them ordering things for me from time to time. On the other hand, if a stranger order these for me, I would be wanting to know what the fuck they were and or are wanting in return. So, in short someone has bought these for me and has not asked for anything in return. All they told me was that I earned them per say. As for post 7  Passthrough I do mean double tapping and holding. The directions in the app says to hold the button until I can not hear the sound. If that is not the correct directions, then the directions are miss leading.

DropBox Referral

2021-04-19 03:27:04 (edited by aaron77 2021-04-19 03:28:23)

You are supposed to hold the button until you can't hear the sound anymore.  You're also supposed to press the button as soon as the tone becomes audible.  because it takes time to double tap, and even more time for VO to register as it being a double tap and hold, by the time Vo has processed the gesture, the tone is significantly louder than it was when it first became audible, and so your audiogram will show that you can hear far less than you actually can.
I'd suggest you try this again with Vo off.  You can turn it off as soon as you confirm your volume.  The button is on the bottom edge of the screen.  VO isn't needed for any of the test.
This may improve how your Audiogram sounds for you, but it also may not.  I honestly have no idea.

2021-04-20 01:45:01

I will remember that the next time I get around to doing the test. So far, thanks for the info.

DropBox Referral