2021-04-13 14:39:17

A good day to you all. Just like what the title suggests, I do have a question regarding recording software. Here's the situation. Me and my friend are currently using virtual recorder, but it start braking all of a sudden. The problem is, every time he presses the stop button, it acts like it does not want to stop the recording. And yes. As you might imagine, because the recording is not stopping, when we try to exit by using alt f4, the recording is not saving as well.
Now my question is, are there any solutions to this problem that we are having? If there are none, can you suggest a recording SOFTWARE that is similar to virtual recorder? I'm afraid that Obs is out of the question for us, since the file size of each recording is just too big for us to upload to youtube, considering that our net speed is very slow. big_smile
Someone told me that we could record using gold wave, but we don't know how to set it up so that both of our voices are heard during the recording, along with the game that we are playing of course. For reference, we are on teamTalk. Thank you guys in advance for your answers! smile

2021-04-13 14:45:04

well, you can make the file size smaller in OBS, change the video format and set the resolution to low, and your good.

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2021-04-13 15:25:47

ah thank you. we're going to give OBS a try later, is there a way to extract just the audio from obs result? we have to do some editing to the audio so...

2021-04-13 16:07:22

Are you using the portable or the installer version of virtual recorder?

2021-04-13 16:17:42

Virtual recorder breaks all the time for me when recording long files. OBS Studio works much better in situations like these, and was made to, I assume.
You can go inside of Gold Wave and convert the MP4 or whatever file format to MP3 and it should work fine, although you'll have to convert them back anyways if you plan to upload it to YouTube.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-04-13 16:25:50

With orbs you will allways have big files with often a videotrack which you dont need at all and a lot of converting work after recording.
Second point: Orbs is a pretty big monster in general with a lot of stuff you dont need.
I am using virtual recorder for 3 or 4 years without any problems.
It is fast, it is small and it only creates the file i want to have.
Sorry for all the orbs-fans, but i see no better solution.
Yeah, it is a little bit tricky that virtual recorder is a very old tool without any updates and so on. But it is a simple combination of ffmpeg, VAC and some scripts.
Basically, nothing more is needed.

2021-04-13 16:28:10

It's really easy to convert an MP4 to MP3. Just put it in gold wave, select your sample rate and Bitrate, and click save.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-04-13 16:40:47

@firefly82, Get your orbs outa here!
For real though, have fun using your outdated software that may or may not just break.
If you're hellbent on using audio only, introduce alternative audio outputs. You can do this with programs like VAC or VBC. You should be able to rout certain programs to your virtual audio destination, and only record that.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.