2021-04-13 10:48:08

Hello guys. I need help with something basic.
I recentlly bought a iphone 8 because i like voice over. Is more helpfull to me.
The question is:
After i text someone something how to i hide the keyboard without leaving  the conversation?
I mean for examplu:
I type someone hellp! How do i hide the keyboard?
Thanks in advance!

2021-04-13 12:13:28

Hi! You can swipe left and go to the control before the edit field. I wonder if someone has a more elegant solution.

2021-04-13 12:45:48

Hello,
After you type a message, you have to double tap on the edit field to hide the keyboard.
Example:
"Text edit blank."
Double tap...
"Hello!"
I will go back to the "Text edit blank", and will do a double tap in order to hide the keyboard.
hope it helps.
By the way, I recommend you to practice for Voiceover manual by doing a 4 finger double tap, or from "Settings Accessibility Voiceover and Voiceover Practice, in case if you haven't looked at it. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask!

2021-04-13 12:52:17

Hey there.
Another solution is to simply tap at the message you sent, meaning that if you typed help, and sent the message, go to the help you sent and double tap it, that would hide the edit fields for most apps, or at least the ones I use.

2021-04-13 13:04:03

Thanks guys for the help.

2021-04-13 13:30:33

Can't you just shake your phone and select undo typing?

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2021-04-13 17:36:42

Unfortunately there's no simple way to do this, like on iPads or Android devices.
@star fire, Wouldn't that just reset the cursor though?

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-04-13 22:48:36

i'm pretty sure you can just tap the message box where you type it in and it gos away.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-04-13 22:59:33

No, tapping the edit box just moves the curser to the beginning or end of the field. I think there's a hide keyboard button at the bottom of the screen, near the microphone for the dictation icon.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-04-14 12:00:39

I double tap on the text box and it moves the cursor to the end and beginning.
And if there is no text in that field it does nothing.
I did the thing where you press a message and it works.

2021-04-14 17:35:30

This is one thing I applaud Android for. Just give us a system-wide, universal way to go back, Apple.
@MatthewSmithYT, As I said, the dedicated button is only available on iPads.
What may also work is if you navigate to the message field, and swipe right to an element that is not currently on-screen.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-04-14 17:54:48

At mineon slayer well if you use VO, say hello to the 2 finger z scrub gesture, it's around since the early versions of iOS.
it has a slight learning curve for some, but it does help in certain situations.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-04-14 21:08:50 (edited by Minionslayer 2021-04-14 21:10:00)

@sightlessHorseman, Yes yes, but you're at the mercy of whether an app developer wants to implement that specifically. I mean that, there are a handful of apps I use (YouTube being one) that don't fully adopt this standard. So it's not so universal. I'd argue that, the location of the back button is still able to change, but I honestly think that, if a designer has affectively developed their UI, then you don't really need a back button in the same place every time, because it'll be obvious where it is.

2021-04-15 10:10:44

Quick note: I believe that the hide keyboard button is on Ipads only.