2021-04-12 09:13:59

Hey everyone.

I have a bunch of video files that I want to convert into Mp3 files to conserve space.
while at it, I am for a converting solution that can actually do anything I need it to.
Convert video into audio, convert audio files into other audio formats, same with documents and so on.
Till now I used prism and switch by NCH software, but is there a all in one solution that is accessible?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-04-12 10:03:58

I use a program called video to video converter, and while it isn't perfect, once you know how to use it it's pretty straight forward.

Alt a to open the open dialogue, no idea why, once you've chosen your files you wanted converted, you'll have a list of formats.

It's on a list of video formats, the other categories are in various tabs.
Press enter to select the preset you want.

Audio is a simple control tab away.
Once you've chosen your formats and you're ready to convert, control C to start the conversion.

It's quite powerful for a free product.

The Only thing I can't do is use the portion that edits out commercials, but I don't really need that.

VLC is also quite useful for converting files, and chances are, unless you're using a different mediaplayer, you already have it.

https://videotovideo.org/

2021-04-12 12:02:26

This probably can't do video, but you reminded me of this one from years ago. We're talking Windows XP years ago. It's apparently still being developed and works on Windows 10. Note it's not free, but there is a trial.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

2021-04-12 13:12:08

vlc player btw

2021-04-12 13:18:01

Most media players have conversion features built in. For example, I use Foobar2000's features religiously. Adapter for Windows was an all-in-one solution, but I could never get my head around that one. Shame, cause it looked really good on MacOS.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-04-12 14:52:53

Foobar 2000's converter can input from any filetype supported by the player, either natively or via plugins, and encode to AAC, AIFF, FLAC, mp3, OGG, Opus, WAV and others straight out of the box. You can also get support for any filetype of your choosing by pointing at an external encoder.

Definitely recommend for a couple files here and there, though if you're searching for a batch processor you'd be better off with Goldwave or Ffmpeg.

2021-04-12 17:55:24

I use Gold Wave to batch process my files.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-04-12 19:05:15

I still like ffmpeg a lot. Yes, it is command-based, but if you get a good tutorial you can easyly manage all the necessary syntax.