2021-04-11 17:17:16

hey everyone.
as we all know, we have lots of arcade games.
even if they're great fun, they eventually get boring if we have to do the same thing.
in this topic, we can post challenges like, beat 700 in survival mode in super egg hunt, use only 1 fifth of your resources in worldsmith and succeed, etc.
note, the above are only an example, and I don't even know if they are possible.
we could also try to complete them, though it would be preferable to post recordings for the harder ones so people know you did it, but that's not a requirement.
so, what do you all think?
also, arcade games are only an example, and you can post about any game.

2021-04-11 18:09:44

Here’s one,  Complete entombed with only fairies or other week character types and have all of them survive on hard-core mode.

2021-04-11 18:13:43

piss off everyone in clok(icly, don't be a troll OOC) and live to tell the tail of your corruption by lord Eviloverlord.
No one can do it. Because you will die eventually. and no one will drag you back to safety

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2021-04-11 19:09:46

heare is another one.
fight lord adrianas and kill him with out any character deaths at level 16.
one more.
complete bk 3 with out ever getting hit.
good luck.

2021-04-11 19:24:34

I have one.
Beat the final part of the master stadium (where you fight Rina or Mircilla) without using any healing items (I managed that, with a lot of trial and error).
Another one.
Play the trucker game by Jim Kitchen without getting pulled over once and with a minimal amount of stops at truck stops.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-11 19:48:32

...And what's the reward for completing any of those challenges?

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

2021-04-11 20:33:24

Defeat the final AHC boss with only simion, wielding his dagger, and only forcing the others to rest

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-04-11 20:37:03 (edited by Cornettoking 2021-04-12 09:07:47)

@6: A virtual round of applause and appreciation, maybe?
@7: I would dare to say that that's impossible (at least if you mean Simeon's standard dagger), because you won't get far with
Spoilers
Lord Adrianus
End of spoilers
if you don't use ANY spells.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-11 21:42:18

Here's one. Get a score above 200000 in Troopanum 2.0 without using any special items.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2021-04-11 21:59:26

Play through all the inquisitor games (the first three) without using divine help once.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-11 22:04:28

just a tip,
don't give out impossible challenges. that is just 0 percent fun

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2021-04-11 22:51:05

It possibly can be done, you'd probably need lots of magic defense and a shitload of strength

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-04-12 08:53:30

hey everyone, thanks for all the interest.
unfortunately, I wasn't very clear in my first post, for which I apologize.
there's a difference between challenges and things for which you have to grind a lot.
for me, that's boaring,not challenging.
a lot of posts here are talking about tuns of grinding, and that's not challenging.
so, while this is not a restriction, maybe we shouldn't talk about RPGs too much.
again, sorry for the lack of clarity.
BTW, for the post talking about
a heros call ending spoilers
fighting lord adrianes, could you please put a spoiler tag like i did?
i know what happens in the end, but since that's the last fight, a lot of people may not know. just a friendly reminder.
end spoilers.
mine is, get 250 in chicken coop in super egg hunt.
another one i just thought of,
manamon 2 post eternity studios spoiler.
get through the cattercoombs in less than 45 minits.
end spoilers.
that's all i can think of, and about rewards, there's nothing exept compliments for now, though if we get enough good challenges, I might conduct a tournament. not promising any thing though.

2021-04-12 09:08:36

I have another one: Try to last ten minutes in Oh Shit.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-12 10:18:41

here's my challenge:
survive 20 rounds of the thug shooting bonus in blast chamber.
get a score of at least 10000000 points in screaming strike without getting any items in arcade mode.
get a score of at least 400 points in super egg hunt plus normal mode.
get a score of 100 points in all math minigames in crazy party.
beat GMA tank commander with only using your standard shells.
beat trek 2000 without letting your single starbase and ships destroyed by the romulens, klingons, and the tholiens.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2021-04-12 10:26:08

A couple off the top of my head. Note that these are challenging, but not impossible.

1. In Manamon 1, defeat Yavin and Irroadium without losing any manamon. If a manamon faints at any time during either of these fights, you fail. For the sake of fairness, your manamon cannot be above level 60, and you may not use mythicals or copies of the same manamon (so no using six Mondevol or some such).
2. Beat Super Liam without taking any damage and without suffering any deaths. You may not use the bonus levels to accumulate extra lives, extra points or to skip levels.
3. In Super Egg Hunt, get over 320 eggs in Chicken Coop mode during a single run, without getting pecked by a chicken.
4. In Shadow Rine, beat the game on hard or higher without letting your health drop below 95%. The final boss's unavoidable attack does not count here (if this is the only damage you take, consider it a win). As an additional qualifier, you should not have more than 400 HP, and you should not have more than 20 attack or defense during the entire run (if those values exceed this limit, you fail).
5. In Code 7, play through the entirety of the game thus far (excluding the optional postgame Muffin levels) without failing a single puzzle even once. Failing a puzzle refers in specific to when you die and have to start over, so the tricky password puzzle in episode 2 does not count as failure. In addition, you must earn at least 50% of all listed achievements during your run.
6. And finally, in Paladin of the Sky, beat the entire game without dying once (resetting when you're about to die counts as a failure). No cheats or exploits allowed, for obvious reasons. For an additional challenge, you may only fail a total of twenty dragon strike scrolls, including those in the fights with Stella and Infected Cruelclaw, during the entirety of the run; if your failed dragon strike scrolls ever reaches 20 or higher, you fail.

Now obviously, you can adapt some of these to more adequately match your skill level. If the Paladin one is too hard, allow yourself fifty scroll fails instead of twenty; or if Code 7's challenge is too easy, try getting twenty-seven achievements or more in one run, while still making sure not to die. If you want to jack the Super Egg Hunt challenge difficulty, instead of avoiding being pecked, you would instead have to ensure that you get pecked at least one time. And in Shadow Rine, how about beating the game (including the after story) with all items with the same caveats as above (i.e., health never goes below 95%, same restrictions on stats, etc).

To be perfectly clear here, I'm not saying I can do all or any of these (though I can actually do a few of them, I won't say which). I think all are at least within the realm of possibility, though a couple of them are murderously tricky.

But to be honest, I wouldn't blame anyone for just flicking past all this stuff. There's no real incentive for such self-imposed challenges except bragging rights.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-04-12 10:52:57

Finish q9 with only using your club.
Beat Adventure at C: With your default stats and without going to the store.

With the hero duty out of the way, I find myself venturing far far away...
And I encounters many allies to share our pays.
In an old land, we build ourselves a shelter...
And we proceeded to call it the kingdom crafter.

2021-04-12 11:33:36

@jayde, those challenges sound fair, except the paladin one, since I can't even beet the game, lol.
the reason for that though is that I'm using an external key board and it's causing enough lag to make a certain fight impossible.
as for shadow line, that sounds easy enough, I'll open up a new save and try that soon.
as for why anybody would do these, it's the same reason people try to get achievements, which is that like I said above, a game gets boring after a while if you have to do the same thing.
these challenges are meant to provide a variation.

2021-04-12 12:22:45

@15: I didn't know the score even got that high. And I couldn't imagine how you would score that high without cheating the game.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-12 12:44:22

My current record in Chicken Coop is 331, but I've actually gotten higher than that in the past. I think my highest ever was 378, but that was insanely, ridiculously lucky, and I wouldn't ever put a challenge that out of reach. I routinely get 300+ in Chicken Coop though. It's not hard if you make a conscious effort to kill chickens and nab clocks, and don't keep treading the same ground you've already run across without first having spawned more eggs.

2021-04-12 12:56:51

game challenge: defeet the gate's first bos with a knife

2021-04-12 14:55:12

That's completely doable, as far as I recall, but you're apt to die once or twice, because ghosts have a habit of spawning randomly while you're in midair, and the Gray Lady herself teleports, also at random. I was at first tempted to buy that game, because some of the sound design is decent and I thought it might be a fun challenge. Then I watched a playthrough, listened to all the cheap deaths, and saved myself thirty bucks.

2021-04-12 22:10:21

defeat massacre in Marvel vs capcon 1 with chun li, and spiderman.  give a perfect in orochi in kof 97. finish super street fighter II of the arcade without losing a token.  and defeat the shadowrine fencer with the sword at level 6, just using the hero.  and finally.  kill mk2 shao kann with jacks, the most boring character in the game

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2021-04-13 21:43:07

Just skimmed through the topic and can't motivate myself to even try any of that big_smile

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

2021-04-21 03:48:09

I'm not trying to bring this topic back, but I came up with a challenge. This one was mainly made for me, since most of you gamers would probably think it to be very simple. Beat Troopanum 1.6 or 2.0 and get a score of 500000 or more, have 90% or more laser accuracy, and portal from waves 12 or 15 depending on the version to make the game harder. I sort of was able to do it, but not quite. Still, I finished the game. I wanted to make it even harder by adding no Bombs or Superlasers, and no deaths, but unfortunately that happened. I did it on 1.6, I should try on 2.0 if I can get it installed. Here are the stats.
***Statistics for Game Started on 4/20/2021 9:08:15 PM***

Final Score: 559680
Final Level: 12
Difficulty: Easy
Game Duration: 22 minutes 29 seconds
Total laser shots fired: 678
Laser accuracy: 96%
Total Meteors destroyed on bonus level: 11
Number of lives lost: 2
You lost your first life on level 11
You lost your second life on level 12
You moved your ship a total of 4420 times.
You destroyed 134 type 1 enemy ships
You destroyed 42 type 2 enemy ships
You destroyed 203 type 3 enemy ships
You destroyed 129 type 4 enemy ships
You picked up a  30000 point bonus on wave 2
You picked up a portal on wave 3
You picked up a smart bomb on wave 6
You picked up a portal on wave 7
You picked up a  60000 point bonus on wave 9
You picked up a portal on wave 11
You picked up a smart bomb on wave 11
You picked up a  50000 point bonus on wave 11
And an audio demo to prove that I did it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qd1qjok6oal9j … e.mp3?dl=0
Sorry about the quality, I had an external microphone connected and Audacity was recording from that. I also replaced some of the sounds in the game, mainly the target beep to make it quieter so it would be harder to hear.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!