2021-04-10 17:49:51 (edited by gorvachov13 2021-04-10 18:34:04)

Edit:
It was my fault. The topic just dropped down by a few pages so quickly. Still though links don't work for some strange reason.

I love audiogames, a specially some offline ones like top speed.

2021-04-10 17:56:58 (edited by Jeffb 2021-04-10 17:58:07)

The topic just dropped down a few pages. Here you go.

https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4011 … upporting/

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2021-04-10 18:01:15

You should apologise, that was definitely a mistake, lol.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-04-10 18:33:11

but all the links that lead to it are broken.

2021-04-10 18:36:47

Well, the Link in post 2 works.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-04-10 18:38:27

@gorvachov13, Because a new topic was created by Jack (as indicated by post 2).

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-04-10 18:59:20

This site assuming bad faith from the mods causes more drama than any amount of bad faith on the part of the mods could cause.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-04-10 19:48:52

Ok @6 my fault. Wish I could delete the topic.

2021-04-10 19:57:51

Basically what Camlorn said. Because why would you normally ask, hey, I am curious what happened to the topic? Of course, it's much better if you say, we need to talk right now omg what did you do. If you didn't see this already, check out the topic at https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4011 … g-it-back/

2021-04-10 19:59:52

Uh, he editted it, does anyone have a version of the original post?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-04-10 20:54:09

yeah was wondering the same thing as 10

2021-04-10 21:02:48

@OP, Please, preserve history by not deleting your past text.
In a nutshell, OP said that the forum needed to talk immediately because they assumed the mods just shut down the stated topic for no stated reason. He said there was some sort of coincidence behind it, but obviously not. I presume they were using the controversy the new policy was creating as a means to suggest the mods would remove all topics bashing it.

2021-04-10 21:27:29

@Minionslayer's right. Good on you for quickly correcting your misstep, but even as admins we can't look at edit history.
As for the topic for anyone wondering, yeah, yours truly did indeed accidentally obliterate the thread, ironically at the worst possible timing mind you. I had clicked hte wrong link when I meant to edit a post to correct some clarifying information in response to someone tossing the idea around about putting the forum on ice temporarily (see post 66 of the topic) and instead the topic ended up getting deleted. It was me who then pulled a local backup of the thread just in time, though the only way to restore it was to actually copy the posts verbatim and post them one at a time under my own name. As such I had made every posssible effort to bring the thread back, and it worked. The only reason it's down a few pages now is that discussion just dried up.
As a sidenote, this forum problem is one of the reasons we had to disable users ability to delete topics is because once a topic is deleted, it is yoinked from the dataabase. Even us admins can't recover it even if we wanted to. It became an accountability issue when users started deleting their topics when they realized they were heading up shit creak.

2021-04-10 21:34:22

13 yeah that's kinda sad

2021-04-10 21:53:14

Make no mistake about it. If deleted threads could be recovered by us later, we would have never disabled the ability to delete them in the first place.

2021-04-10 22:15:07

Yeah I was just stupid.

2021-04-11 03:23:17

What's unacceptable is the shit this topic brought to the staff team for no reason, and having people speaking about the mods as if they're trying to silence it

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-04-11 10:13:22

He accepted his mistake. No need to bash further and make this even bigger. What's done is done.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-04-11 10:19:33

Way I see this,
It was a mistake. Nothing more, nothing less. If jack had, for example, done this intensionally, then I would understand this whole mess. but again. It was a mistake, error, blunder, accident... call it what you will. And truth is, we all fall pray to these kinds of things now and again. It wasn't really a big deal, especially given the fact he fixed it. No harm was really done.

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley