2021-04-08 18:38:54

Yeah it's a thing that American blindies can really suck at spelling and writing in general. Really bothers me.
I'm 14 and can write better than some of the adult blind people that I've come across... Pretty sad.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-04-08 20:32:31

Lol i dont no what you ppl are all on abot but i think u need to jus chill and think of the hard work jade did cause lots of ppl write bad.
Now then ...
This is a bit far afield from the original intent of the post, but stick with me, because I think it's worth noting the tremendous impact of what Jayde has done. They collaborated, and that's not a thing I've seen much of during my time on this forum or the Audyssey list before that.
Writing a game is hard, and most people are one person outfits. In addition, I've met great coders, and I've met great writers, but I've rarely met people who are both. They're called unicorns, and they're vanishingly rare. On the other hand, playing a game is easier, and whining about a game is even easier still.
Jayde, props on putting something together that capitalizes on your talents. I hope it's received with the same spirit you approached its creation with. For the rest of you, whine about the education system or the entitlement of blind people all you want, but at least check your own posts to make sure you know how to spell the word noticeable. There's a saying about glass houses that applies here.

2021-04-08 20:54:27 (edited by Lucas1 2021-04-08 20:55:59)

@27: Haha the noticeable point is great. I agree about Jayde's contribution, I think it's very cool and I hope Aaron takes it into consideration, although I think he will not. Jayde seems to have contributed more to the Manamon series than anybody else that wasn't directly involved with the game's creation, with his novel-length guide for the first game and now this.

2021-04-08 20:57:04

thanks for all the hard work you just did

2021-04-08 23:53:00

I've just finished my work.
I added the place names so it's clear what's happening where and also the post-game content.
However, since the post-game content isn't affected because I just am not capable of doing such things, the file will be uploaded after everything is corrected.
@jayde, check your pm.

2021-04-09 02:09:15

If Aaron doesnt taked Jayde advice the first or second game. I dont think he will the third game. I think he should higher Jayde to be his editor.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2021-04-09 10:54:55

In my opinion, the chance that such a think would happen is exactly 0.000001%.
But still, let's wait and see.

2021-04-09 12:07:47

Jayde, great work!

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2021-04-09 17:27:57

#justsaying, if for every quote, you had to put a backslash before it (because programming), you'd probably not want to do it. Still, nicely done, Jayde.

2021-04-09 17:39:20 (edited by Lucas1 2021-04-09 17:40:11)

@34: First of all, BGT supported tripple-quoted strings last I checked, although I don't have it installed so I can't check again. In that case, he wouldn't need to put a backslash before his quotes. Second, as I've said before, Aaron wouldn't have to type a backslash before his quotes if he was smart about his build pipeline and didn't have every line of story within the game code.

2021-04-09 17:48:05

@mara: Not all espeak language variants are created equal. A good stress-test for catching misspellings quickly during an initial read would be the US English variant, given that's the weakest at holding its ground.

2021-04-09 19:32:57

One of these days I really ought to buckle down and beat both these games LOL. I suppose the main reason I haven't, and this is probably going to seem really pathetic coming from a guy who loves RPG's, it tends to get a bit grindy at times, especially when you have Manamon that have level-up transformations that are widely spaced. THen of course there's the fact that if you want to complete your Manapedia, and I am something of a completionist when it comes to games, you have to use the online functions which can be difficult to get working properly depending on your internet setup and/or your computer protection.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2021-04-09 19:53:09

First of all, congratulations on your work Jayde, and in general for your dedication in regards to this game.
@BryanP if you need help with online functionality of Manamon 1, I am able to forward ports and can trade anything necessary.

2021-04-09 21:18:31

Manamon 2 is far less grindy than manamon 1.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-04-09 23:45:47

What's more, Manamon2 has a central server. Although Manamon 2 has some fan service for those who had finished Manamon 1 before, the two games are fairly mutually exclusive. Completing one won't leave the other incomplete. Trajectory had plans to upload a Manamon 1 save file with the manapedia complete, however other folks have done this as well. You however must own a registered copy of Manamon 1 before you can import Manamon 1 Manamon into Manamon2, which is a requirement for manapedia completion.

2021-04-10 00:15:19

They may be mutually exclusive but I still like to finish them both. The furthest I ever got in 1 was the fight with Irroadium and Master Dyaz in 2. Besides, although I'm not sure when I'd get into it I'd like to try my hand at writing guides for them. I'd started one for Manamon 1 on my last computer but lost it when that machine bit the dust unexpectedly.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2021-04-10 00:58:24

Regarding espeak, I actually used the english espeak when I played crazy party about 4 years ago.
I perceived its english like it's got the plague, so I stopped using it about a week after I started.
I think I was already used to polish voices at that point.
If I were a native english speaker, everything would probably be different.
Anyway, back to the main topic, I just can't understand why the messages that a particular tamer was defeated needed to be removed.
Without them, the parts where player defeats eshconites is in my opinion really chaotic since you can't tell who says what.
I would either remove it all together (both the eshconites's speeches and the messages about their defeat) or leave their speeches and messages about their defeat.

2021-04-10 01:56:28

Gods, but I can't stand the sound of the ESpeak voices.

2021-04-10 02:05:30

ESpeak Voices. Totally gawful. I prefer the more natural sounding TTS solutions myself. Sure, speeding them up to chatter like Eloquence generally isn't a good idea, but I prefer to hear natural speech as close to conversational as possible. With voices like those, missing punctuations and quotes definitely stand out.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2021-04-10 04:50:38

Hardly. Most natural voices can't differentiate between a question and 3 dots, or a comma.
Speaking of missing punctuation, ESpeak will not like it if you put a dot, but not a space and a capital letter after it. For example:
This was a great day. cool things happened.
We had a lot of fun.We also completed Manamon 2.
Eloquence is also good at catching the second example, but not the first one.
This is extremely useful when proofreading text.
I realize that there are people who can't stand ESpeak, that's totally ok, and I'm not saying it only because it's my favorite voice and probably something I'll be using for a while, but it's the closest thing you can get to nice proofreading without a braille display.

2021-04-10 06:20:05

Honestly, I thought about leaving those lines in, but I took them out because frankly no, they don't need to be there. Remember, the end goal here is Aaron. He knows his game inside out, presumably, since he's said more than once that he's spent far more time than I have testing and fixing the game. This would mean that my thousands of hours with the game overall pale in comparison to his experience, so I took those "Eshconite x defeated" lines out because Aaron won't need them. Each Eshconite's or Oghminion's speech is in its own separate quotes, so that, at least, is no problem.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-04-10 13:47:02

Alright, I get your point now.
Just let us know here when you finish the post-game stuff.
Atleast I'll be looking forward to it, probably others who posted here as well.
And just don't ask me why I put the speech of every eshconite and such without putting the quotes of, for example, stadium tamers.