2021-04-02 01:49:11

For those wondering how I got on here, I had to use a VPN because my IP address was banned on here, but not my account. I wanted to let the administrators know that I was not the one who posted those stupid articles. I don't even care about post count. This is just the only place I feel welcome and can talk to other visually impaired people like me. Plus, don't you think I would have used a VPN if I wanted to spam you so you wouldn't know it was actually me? This, in and of itself, should be evidence enough it wasn't me or my account. I just want to talk to other people like me. Please reconsider the IP ban because I don't want to have to keep using VPNs every time I want to look at the forum. Sorry for this, but somehow I guess someone made a random IP address and it was a match to mine. Also, I don't even know who that other guy you thought I was is. I don't use the F or B word and I don't do drugs. You should even remember that report I made on that post with the F word in it if you're an admin.

2021-04-02 02:01:21

i persinaly dout this.

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2021-04-02 02:03:24

@Ttslover0987814: There can't really be two duplicate IPV4 addresses, so how else cold the two IP's been a perfect match?

2021-04-02 02:15:14

Oh FFS! I can't even!

2021-04-02 02:26:56

Heh, taking a quick read through his history doesn't make me think that it randomly happened. Look at the writing, their tendency to do little blip spam topics, the OP's over obliviousness to obvious scams, him never responding, and him wanting to delete the topic where he got cautioned

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-04-02 02:29:09 (edited by Dan Gero 2021-04-02 02:31:08)

I'm looking at the 2 posts side by side and I can see just enough difference in writing style to convince me that this guy might possibly be telling the truth. Besides, it's really not hard to fake your IP from what I've heard. I don't know a lot about that stuff, but if I looked up the right information I bet you I could probably pull it off with little to no issue. I don't want to do that though, because that seems like an illegal practice. Then again, from JayJay's perspective, I can see the other side too I guess. I don't know. I'm just trying to use benefit of the doubt here.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-04-02 02:33:23 (edited by Ethin 2021-04-02 02:35:21)

@1, your conjecture for claiming that someone just "magically" managed to duplicate your IP address is both impossible, for one, and highly questionable, for two. It is not possible for someone to just magically use an IP address they don't own unless they get on the network that IP address is used on. Your logic is incredibly flawed and I'm extremely doubting your claims.
@6, IP address faking isn't possible. You can use a VPN to use another IP address, but the likelihood of both the other guy and this one getting the exact same IP address, even on a VPN, is incredibly low unless they both are the same person or are using a home-grown VPN that they set up together. Which would suggest that both are in cahoots with one another.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-04-02 03:43:40

@Ethin: Pretty much.

2021-04-02 03:56:25

if you use a vpn built into a browser such as opra GX, anyone who does that in the same general area has the same IP, for one. For too, its hard, but not impossible, especially if your making a ocstum IP through the internet properties dialogue.

2021-04-02 04:37:49

This is really quite interesting.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-04-02 04:43:54

No, let's be clear on this, you can't fake an IP.  It's not hard, it's impossible, unless you're saying that you've got what is essentially admin access to an ISP.  You either have to be geographically close and incredibly, incredibly unlucky, or using a VPN in the first place.  You don't get to set your IP address on the public internet, only on your local network.  Going into the system dialog and making a custom IP only changes it for other stuff in your house, basically.  The IP you have on the internet is only assigned by your ISP and is assigned to the router your ISP gave you and you have no power to change it.

I am oversimplifying, before someone is all like "but that's not right", I know this.  But the subtleties don't matter to this discussion.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-04-02 04:44:35

This guy just started a topic, and leave. You never see him reply. Watch, few days later, he'll be back to start another topic.

2021-04-02 05:47:49

There is one way to be so unlucky to have your IP used...Though, you'd have to be pretty silly to do this...And I can't think of how your IP got banned here...If you are set as a node for a TOR network, that would do the trick. But could you even visit the forum from a TOR network? I've never used it personally, so hopefully someone more knowledgable might be able to  weigh in.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2021-04-02 06:10:41

@13, yes, but to become a tor node you have to run tor node software. I don't think the Tor project advises you run tor nodes on your home network. Its just generally a bad idea t orun any server on a residential network given that they have dynamic IP addresses.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-04-02 06:24:31

Plus the data trail is just too rocky as far as residential internets go. I'm pretty sure the same can be said for ipfs nodes as wel, once those become more common place. If anyone wants to get a taste of what the internet could eventually become if ipfs actually takes off, try Usenet. Blast from the past yet ahead of its time.

2021-04-02 07:27:01

@Ethin
Props for using the word "cahoots".

2021-04-02 08:18:48

@Ttslover0987814, do you know any other blind or VI people in your family or neighborhood?

I don't know. I can certainly see why the rest of y'all don't trust them, but given that the writing styles do seem different, I'd say we should give them the benefit of the doubt here. If they are the kind of assbutt that think spamming the forum is fun and clever, they'll expose themselves soon enough, trust me.

Also, to all of you claiming they never reply to topics ... well yeah, they mostly don't. But they have done it twice, thrice if counting the introduction topic that everyone's required to reply to.
Granted, those two replies are both in their own topics. But it's something, I guess?

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2021-04-02 08:48:24

now, this topics for me at least proves that this guy is indeed sediment.
And you maybe asking why? Well sediment is a type of a guy that makes more accounts usually, and I'm not just talking about the forum, for example, he makes 2 accounts on games, on one he's a bitch, but on the other he's a chhill guy so.

I love audiogames, a specially some offline ones like top speed.

2021-04-02 09:06:58

hi,
something to say to consider that IP addresses are not different:
1. they both use the same ISP, the ISP assigns ip addresses to each of his clients dynamically
2. he was running a VPN server, and that spammer had access and connected to his computer (totally won't possible for this scenario).
3. they both use a proxy tunnel to access here (proxies are easy to find) and I don't think it happened here, and it might occur in one day.

2021-04-02 10:59:35 (edited by Socheat 2021-04-02 11:00:11)

@18, the writing style is different, so I don't see why it's the same person. I could be wrong though.

2021-04-02 11:48:00

I call shenanigans.

2021-04-02 12:38:57

Sediment? No way, Lol, If it was sediment all of his posts would be about weird stuff or music or something... Else, He doesn't write in this verystupid way, Also, Why not URH? That guy creates a tun of accounts as well, Although something tells me that you are an ult of urh, I could be wrong though, And if I am I'm sorry, It's just a thought that came up in mind.

2021-04-02 13:24:09

well, sense it's defenitly not sediment then it's someone else, i guess ur though. This seems like a uzername he would use lol.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-04-02 13:31:58

One option I don't think anyone's considered yet is that he might perhaps be behind a school network. If he goes to one of the braille jails, it's entirely possible that his IP is being shared with who knows how many people. My school, for instance, uses the static IPV4 address 212.219.113.195. Try looking that one up in the database, mods.

2021-04-02 15:39:30

I don't think Urh's grammar is that good. Could be wrong, though. And Haily brings up a good point. You might want ot look at the IP of the two, see if it says it's a home network or whatever. For what it's worth, my sighty school uses a static IP address too for all the buildings.