2021-04-02 18:56:01

Emulators are also amazing on Android. I mean, I can play Wii games at full speed, well at least MK Armageddon. Yeah it crashes sometimes but that's Dolphin, not Android. This Galaxy S20 FE is really amazing!

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2021-04-04 04:57:40

I'm so glad that you recorded this video Sightless, direct touch  seems so amazing! I've never had an iPhone, always had Samsung, had the S3, S7 edge, S10+, now thinking of S21 ultra because my S10+ fingerprint reader is annoying the hell out of me.

I'm so sad there is no direct touch in Android. Hopefully it will be here one day. Thing is, I would like to switch to an iPhone (maybe?), but I feel I'm stuck with Android. I have Google homes, chrome cast, samsung watch. One thing though that I love love with Android is google assistant, that thing is a beast.

Typing always was an issue for me with Android. It never was fast and whenever I need to type an e-mail or sign up for something, I try to do it on the computer and I just hate it. At least I usually stay signed in once I sign in and I often just use voice input or assistant.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2021-04-04 06:53:09

Samsung watches work with iPhones.

2021-04-04 07:11:10

Well, if someone could record themselves when typing on Android so that I have a comparison, that would be quite nice actually.
I showcased how fast I am on iOS, so someone with a stock android or the Samsung UI should do the same if possible.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-04-04 07:55:24

I type on Android pretty much how you did Sightless. Because we only have lift and touch, the best we can do is what you did, which is pressing where the key is and effectively hearing the key twice, once to announce what you touch and once when it is pressed.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2021-04-04 19:42:46

@78 Samsung watches don't work with Apple devices very well. They work the best on Samsung devices but, they do work a lot better on any android devices than apple. if you are going to have an iPhone I would just get the apple watch.

2021-04-05 01:27:58

They may not work the best, but so I hear they do work

2021-04-05 07:43:31

@Sightless, actually, the braille keyboard is quite fast on Android. I just tried it with my Samsung Galaxy S10 plus. It's great. You can use it, swipe down with 3 fingers and it switches to gboard for me. I assigned 4 finger single tap to switch back to braille keyboard. I also assigned double tap with 4 fingers to change spoken language. Haven't tried if braille keyboard reads out loud when in a password field, but it's so accurate that I think I could just type my passwords in there. Or I guess use a password manager. I might try 1password but I digress.

That said I still want direct touch in Android. I guess they will add it in Android 12 or 13, hopefully. Looks like they added a bunch of features that people loved from Voiceover like multi finger gestures, braille input keyboard, gesture assign with more actions.

I also like that there is a voice action thing in TalkBack if you swipe right then up. I like that you can say like "search settings" and it will do a screen search for settings and move focus there. Quite handy.

Overall, the gestures are super snappy, I can go home super quickly with swipe up then left, I remember back a few years ago the gestures sucked so bad. They never registered properly or it thought I was exploring by touch.

2021-04-05 13:06:40

Well true, the braille keyboard is an option, gotta find it in samsung settings though.
Thing with that is, I am already standing out if people see me and my phone talking to me, I at least want to put some normality into it by typing just as anyone else on their phone.
if all else fails, I guess I won't be able to escape that braille kkeyboard.
Another thing, when you use braille, you just can't hold your phone in one hand comfortably and type with the other, you gotta clutsh it between both of your hands and have to turn the screen away from you, or either place the phone on a flat surface.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.