2010-08-07 20:34:36

Ahoy,

I've recently picked up Starcraft 2, and was curious to know if there are any other VI / low partial players here on the forums? In SC1, I was a heavy Zerg player; nowdays, it seems, I'm swaying toward Terran.

Cheers,

2010-08-08 12:09:50

hey, starcraft is accessible? What platform?

2010-08-08 15:27:58 (edited by phalos 2010-08-08 15:29:49)

It's not accessible, but it is playable by low-partial players. Lots of keyboard commands are helpful. (I can play it well with my 20/200 eyesight.)
It's on Windows and Mac at the moment.

Cheers,

2010-08-11 06:31:30

I wonder if the VOICe would work with this game. I've heard the entire SC2 Tarrin campaign and I must say that, from an audio perspective, listening and not actually playing the battles was very boring, as all your units kinda say the same things over and over like "Who wants some?"

If we were able to play it the battles would certainly be more interesting. Unfortunately I'm on a Mac though so can't try the VOICe. And it'd be nice if the menus were accessible for orders. Failing that, we could do them with keyboard shortcuts but again, it'd actually be nice if we knew how the map was laid out. Granted I think with the computer you can just use all your points and resources you have to build every number of troops you can and send them in waves at the waves the computer AI sends, this kind of thing won't work online. So I'm guessing everything menu whise can be accessed with keyboard commands, as for getting information on where the hell we are to determin what to do I think we're screwedd there.

2010-08-11 09:59:47

VOICe?

While I had sight I played the original Starcraft along with Warcraft 1 and 2, I don't have any sight now but here's roughly speaking how the keyboard stuff worked :

All unit orders could be accessed by a keyboard shortcut, I gather Dawn of War has this as well. Most strategy games have done in fact. It does *not* however target things for you. You can tell them to attack, but without the ability to click on the enemy to tell them what to attack the order never goes through. Similarly with constructing buildings. Also the same applies to movement in case you were wondering.

Also you cannot select units by keyboard. You can assign keyboard shortcuts to particular objects or groups of units, but to do this you need to click on them first. Unit selection is all mouse just as with target selection for commands.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.