2010-08-02 05:10:51 (edited by Ethin 2010-08-02 05:12:22)

Hi people.
Warning!
This link will change! Message was:
Hi all,
I just wanted to tell you all that "NVDA" Is hear! The Download link is:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/apz879
WarningNote!!!
If you have NVDA Do not click this link. If you don't have NVDA Click this link.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2010-08-02 06:26:31

why NVDA?
jaws is good

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2010-08-02 08:14:56

Well, discussion of screen readers is fine in the offtopic room, though just posting random download links for no readily apparent reason is a litle weerd to say the least.

I'm therefore moving this topic.

Oh, and Hal is good too ;D.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-08-02 10:32:05

jaws and nvda both good.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2010-08-02 10:33:42

İ have nvda and jaws 11.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2010-08-02 16:56:36

what sinth does nvda use?

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2010-08-02 17:04:33

when i click run on the file i get the following error message:
---------------------------
Error
The specified module could not be found.
LoadLibrary(pythondll) failed
OK   

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2010-08-02 17:15:27

NVDA is using e-speak

2010-08-03 12:25:30

that's probably what u get for downloading a version that really didn't need  to be hosted. (as has been said before, its free for the public therefore why host it?)
for example i wouldn't host windows live mesenger, o'r  internet explorer, as their publicly free and hosted there anyway!

2010-08-03 13:09:38

indeed
o and window-eyes is good too!
Hal works, though I find it does like to bog your pc down sometimes.
And don't get me started on jaws, ok? ok, you just did. lol!
It relies too much on its scripting engine, which processes every key you press.
Ok, you press w. let me see. ok this is htis, bla bla bla, ok w has no script associated or anything, so windows, have it.
And then more scripts to read everything, which is why it's so easy to break and so prone to crashes.
Window-eyes and hal did lately introduce scripts, but do they rely on them? no. we's scripts are there to make your life easier, IE, let you read the tme elapsed and remaining in winamp or check the weather, but it's not like there a default.vbs script that handles every key press or such. the same applies for hal and nvda.
Anyway, anyone ever tried thunder? it's another free screen reader, though i'd question how useful iit would be in day-to-day use. you could use nvda quite well alone, heck, I had to do that when my video drivers broke down 2 years ago, and I had no issues.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2010-08-03 14:49:43

hal is using witch synthisizer?
thanks!

2010-08-03 16:57:08

i'm still geting that weird error when i click run on the setup file

2010-08-03 23:58:03

Hal bogs down your pc? I've never noticed this at all I'm afraid, certainly not in terms of memory or processer power, in fact sinse Hal has the voice off and keys off commands, i rarely exit the program at all even when doing something like watching dvds or playing audio games (I frequently will pause a game, flick Hal back on, check my E-mails then go back to it).

Or do you mean "Bogs down" in terms of speech? well what Hal speaks is highly configurable, just change the verbosity setting, or go to the text style announcements option in the speech menue of the control panel, ---- I for instance have hal set not to read punctuation when in contiuous document read mode.

I won't start on Jaws either, ;d.

as to what synth Hal uses Burak, ---- well it depends upon your preferences. By default it comes with eloquence, a version of real speak daniel, Dolphin's own synth orphius, and capability to run with any ms sapi voice you might have, ---- it might run with other synths as well, I'm not sure.

As I said in the other topic, i personally use orphius and the natural speaking English voice Alan, sinse I find it the best alternative betwene responsiveness and good pronunciation.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-08-04 00:28:26

so can it run with microsoft mike, mary, and sam?

2010-08-04 06:22:55

Yes, ---- though when you have orphius or realspeak available why would you want to?

2010-08-04 07:13:19

true, i think real speak is much better then the ms voices

2010-08-04 09:40:43

ware can İ find to hal?

2010-08-10 00:26:37

If you are gitting that error, hears my question. What O. S. are you using?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2010-08-10 06:41:33

i am using windows xp

2010-08-11 01:35:41

I like JAWS and especially version 10 with auto formsmode. Is there a jaws 11? I don't know much about hal or Window Eyes, but I am currently using NVDA. It's very good and I don't think there has been much problem using it. There has only been two problems and one only recently. Since I'm Quite used to JAWS I am missing the jaws cursor, but I like the thing with being able to use the mouse, especially since my mother used to say I couldn't. The recent problem is that for some very strange reason NVDA is crashing while using Internet Explorer or Explorer is crashing and at times both are crashing. I don't think Jaws is crashing very much except the well known problem of when closing my laptop lid wich made the synthesizer say Blank all the time instead of reading the text. The Display also was blank in documents. Also I would see that I was in the start menu, but I wouln't see the options. Form fields, edit fields, would also be blank. For some strange reason the synthesizer would read everything except the documents. Usually a restart would be needed. Also I'm using thunder as backup too. Is Jaws 11 much different from version 10? Also, from what i know, all synthesizers can use the Microsoft voices. Your error is quite wierd since I am using XP and it works for me. I recall trying Hal and Window Eyes some time ago, but that's all I remember.

I live to crochet!

2010-08-12 08:09:54

i still can't figure out why i am geting that error

2010-08-15 21:17:41

If you are, Please report it to the Makers.

My Github

2010-08-21 23:28:51

I still have no idea why you decided to upload this to a file sending service when it's already publically available, it's beyond me. Why not just get it from the homepage?

2010-08-22 02:09:20

What if some people don't know the wegsight?

My Github

2010-08-23 12:29:18

Well that's fair enough, but if you had that atitude to any other program that you have installed, you might as well just give the URL's to every program that you use.