2021-03-10 17:23:23

@23, no, no one is saying that no one can decompile a PYD file. Anyone can, with the right tools, decompile *anything*. Nothing you can do will prevent that.
And as for 24, the reason this always, always comes back to forks is because in pretty much all cases of people wanting to employ DRM of some kind its to stop the creation of 'unauthorized forks'. The problem, of course, is that if your wanting to do that through code, your not actually solving the problem. Unauthorized forks don't come from decompilation being easy, they come from team mismanagement.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-03-10 17:46:09

Ok, so to clarify my statement: a pyd file is a binary in the same way that C is a binary.  When you use e.g. Cython Cython translates to C, then compiles the C code.  They're just dll files with some special functions and a different file extension.

You can decompile them but you're going to get out assembly, not something that will let you get back to Python source code.

The only thing you can do with them that's interesting is import them into a different Python and call the functions they expose, but this isn't enough to do anything particularly unique.  Everything that can be done that way with respect to cheating can be done by any of the various cheat programs out there already.

I would be more worried about security and trustworthiness of who's on my team than I would about unauthorized forks through decompiling anything.  I would be willing to bet that most unauthorized forks are someone walking away from the project with a copy of the source and not enough morals to prevent themselves from doing it.  This can be solved through paperwork if it's that much of a concern: an NDA and something that establishes your project as a work for hire is enough to shut that down hard as long as you can prove someone is using source code from your project, and also makes sure people have to tie their real names and addresses to it, which allows you to take action.  Whenever I get far enough that I'm doing closed-source projects, this is what I'm doing; I wish I didn't have to, but people around here have proven that it's necessary over and over again.

Obviously that isn't a thing those of you under 18 can do easily and you do need a lawyer and a couple hundred bucks to get a template for it set up, so you should only give your most trusted friends access. If this is a concern.  it's also important to remember that only very new and immature programmers are interested in making an unauthorized fork: it's terrible for your reputation, loses you all the trust, looks bad if it ever makes it to your employer, and if you have any degree of skill and the time to do an unauthorized fork you'll just do one of your own instead of all that.

Or, instead of all that, you say "this is going to be $0" and make it open source and encourage collaboration.  I don't know why most of you don't do that.  You can't properly collect money until you're 18 and are prepared to do the necessary paperwork to pay taxes and generally figure out a little bit of accounting.  Presumably, at that point you're beyond these concerns.  If you're going commercial without it, you have a bigger problem than forks called "what if the IRS finds out and makes me pay backtaxes with penalties?"

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-03-10 17:58:54

i can't make it a non free game cause no one here can pay me, anyway, thx for all the help

"But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain,
ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker?  Did you ever wonder what
made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?"

2021-03-10 18:03:19

You'd be surprised.  You can probably make $10000 over 5 years.  It's not enough money to be worth it if you're no longer on government benefits and you'd have to advertise beyond audiogames.net, but that's the conclusion I came to.

But you do have to know how to set that up if you don't want to risk tax problems and things like that.

My Blog

2021-03-10 18:10:43

no, what i meen is, i can't risive $s

2021-03-10 18:13:59 (edited by Agent47 2021-03-10 18:17:32)

not of age stuph, i'm in iran, there is know paypall heere, ii coulden't have one, because i don't have a master card or something, and, $'s are expensive,, nither me, nor my famili is rich inough for a credit card,

2021-03-10 18:54:08

Yeah, in Iran you've got bigger problems because you're a sanctioned country I believe.  Will be hard for you to do business in the west.

My Blog

2021-03-10 19:01:47

yes we are