2021-04-16 12:25:09

I am preffering sbuscription than pay to win.
I like to paying a subscription and having all stuff for free.

2021-04-16 12:39:07

Well from my end, i'd rather purchase the game or have it free than subscribing to it each month/year

2021-04-16 12:39:47

I prefer to have a single in-app purchase and have everything. in sonar islands, for example, it has in-app purchases, diamonds. which is a bit shitty, if you pay you get a better level, super cool hislas, I don't like that, so I'm going to ask my parents for money to buy the game and for the diamonds.

2021-04-16 13:28:30

according to a user from spain in the arcade it is already in the app store for that country.

2021-04-16 13:31:04

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sonar-isl … 1554817644

2021-04-16 13:35:01

Just found it on the US app store as well. I'm not at a position to put a link here yet as I'm not on the site with my phone yet but if ya do a keyword search, it should pop up.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2021-04-16 13:42:49

Okay, there’s good news and bad news. The good news is that the game has been released. The bad news, it uses a subscription model. I’m going to look at the pricing and see how much this costs, but if they’re not going to update this game at all or add anything new then I would highly recommend not buying it.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2021-04-16 13:55:13

Good news! It’s only about $2 per month. That’s actually quite decent.

2021-04-16 14:16:49

Its on the UK ap store, I'm just downloading now.
For the pricing, I'll wait and see how the game works and what it offers before making any strict judgements myself.

Well anyway, I've cleared my living room, so its off to the islands I go big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-16 14:20:18

Hi,

I just checked and they offer one-time in-app purchases for diamonds (which would be fine for me) but a subscription for a game like this is a no-go for me, even if it is that cheap. If they are going to regularly add stuff, then I might change my mind.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-16 14:23:17

I agree. If they were going to constantly add new content, this would be a no-brainer and I would definitely pick this up. However, judging by the way they handled the last game, I’m not too sure. It’s also a bit on the Laggy side, and the audio seems to have gone through quite a bit of compression. Not to mention the bit of lag that voice-over has in the menus.

2021-04-16 14:30:10

I’m disappointed that it has both a subscription and the diamond purchases. I’m not sure what the diamonds are used for, but I’m worried that it will be a pay to win. I will probably pay for a month and see what I do from there.

2021-04-16 14:37:22

The diamonds are used for upgrading or unlocking shit faster. Haven't played this game much because, well, just bought it and tried it out but I do like the concept of it.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2021-04-16 15:23:58

I thought the whole thing about them delaying it on all platforms was that they wanted to release them at the same time, so android users had to wait for the IOS version to be put through? Now the IOS version is released, but the android version has yet to be released.. Well whatever I guess. Nothing to be done about it except wait.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2021-04-16 15:27:11

can someone ask mentalhome about android version?

2021-04-16 15:38:25 (edited by Dark 2021-04-16 15:40:00)

Well I've given the game a try, leveled up and so on.
I decided to try subscribing for a month, and after that we'll see.

I will admit, I do wish there was a one time game purchase rather than a subscription model. I don't mind the use of diamonds for impatient moments; especially since   the game lets you continue to play without time out, you just won't get more gold for upgrading. I can see this as being the sort of game, like Feer, which I'd pick up occasionally, but not play constantly.

either way, we'll see, since if on the other hand they plan on major changes to this, challenges, tournamnets, things to keep players interested, I could see it going well, heck Swamp manages with its subscription.

the concept is really interesting. I did find the turning methods a bit weerd at first, indeed the only method I got to work successfully was the gyroscope, since the swipes seemed very slow,  whilst rotor kept getting confused with up or down swipes.

On the plus side, once I worked out that I needed to hold the phone upright, the gyroscope is awesome! both very precise for control and lots of fun to use.

What really shines though are the environments, obstacles and upgrade system, since the idea here is great, and I'm loving the exploration side of things.
The only other major issue I'm having, is that the game tells me my account is insecure and it needs to connect to gamecentre, but I can't find anything in settings to indicate that its not connected to game centre.
Whether this is because I called my sonar islands account dark, whilst I called my gamecentre account darktenor I don't know.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-16 15:38:59

@137: Well if it was just the diamonds as in-app purchases it would have been fine for me, except if it really turns out it is a pay to win game.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-16 15:50:55

Um, I think that making a game by subscription, but leaving in-app purchases of game currency, is a little greedy, isn't it? Yes, I know that such a system is used in some games, but I personally find it poor. It's good that at least they didn't make Something similar to loot boxes for a complete set. And since this is an online game, I'm pretty sure that at some stage, more diamonds will give a good advantage over others who also pay money for a subscription. Otherwise, what is their purpose? But maybe I'm wrong and it's not like that.

2021-04-16 15:52:37

It's not really a pay to win game because there is really no winning.  The way player ranks are determined are through lights which are not impacted by transactions in any way.  You can use diamonds to upgrade your islands a bit (which I have done) but that only really benefits other players, not you, since islands with more resources grant more gold and lights.
Overall I think it's a pretty fun game.  I'm not sure why people are complaining about the subscription though it's literally less than a cup of coffee per month, at least here in the US.  If you get bored two weeks after starting then just cancel your sub and be done with it. 
There is a bit of input lag but I didn't really notice it after a couple minutes.  It doesn't make gameplay any more difficult in fact right now the issue is that the game is too easy because most people are still level 1.  That's kinda why I boosted my islands with diamonds a bit.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2021-04-16 16:03:48

Hi!
So I just downloaded the game on the appstore, link was successfully established with the gamecenter, only thing is that I don't know how to turn on accessibility mode, and I'm stuck in direct input, which does not allow voice over gestures. I was expecting to hear how to turn on accessibility mode in the first audiocut that popped, but no. I was expecting to see it turned on by default assuming it should have detected that voice over was active, but nop. Any idea?

Best regard,
Simon

2021-04-16 16:05:53 (edited by Dark 2021-04-16 16:07:31)

I'm a bit confused as to why people are saying diamonds make it "pay to win", yes, with diamonds you can upgrade your island a bit faster, but with patience your island gets upgraded anyway big_smile.

Your actual progress in the game is dictated by gold which you get from treasure chests and successfully looting other islands, and no more or less gold will be available to players who use diamonds, they will just get the gold a bit more quickly.

Indeed lights, which are the competitive item only come from successful looting.

My only personal issue is the subscription model, since I prefer to buy something outright and have it forever, than pay to use it, but I'm willing to wait and see on that one, given how addictive this game seems to be, and how much there is to unlock and play for in the game, especially if more is going to be added in the future.

2021-04-16 16:26:38 (edited by JasonBlaze 2021-04-16 16:28:22)

the subscription really put me off the be honest, 2 dollars maybe not that much for you but as for me, I have to pay for other stuff per month, and considering I don't have real income yet. try to google and compare IDR to usd. 2 dollar for a cup of coffee is quite expensive here, lol.

2021-04-16 16:28:23

@Arkandias I didn't get a notification about direct input, once I set voiceover to work directly, the game was self voicing during the game, and Vo read the menus fine.

Touch the screen, then use the rotor to enable direct input for the application, and you should have no trouble.

hth.

2021-04-16 17:50:37

Lol to all of those who didn't want subscription based pricing.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2021-04-16 17:56:23

The amount you have to pay isn't what puts me off, but it is the fact that there is a subscription AND payable diamonds. In my opinion, that is just greedy and I don't want to support that. If it had been a one-time purchase, it would have been fine.

Oh, and #freeGCW