2021-04-20 01:18:46

When the ceiling is about to collapse you hear a thud, a kind of roar.

2021-04-20 01:56:04

do I need to turn to face the lions or is just flaring up the torch enough?

2021-04-20 02:03:08

Ok, I’m really starting to hate traps. Running in the jungle is a bad idea. Also, I really think the back up gesture needs to change. Either it registers as a walk forward gesture or it goes into the compass when I try to use a longer swipe. I also wish the compass didn’t take so long to turn on and off.  Still loving the game despite these things and the crash bug that sometimes happens when I get killed.

2021-04-20 03:21:48

It crashes a lot when I get eaten by lions. That is to say, it crashes a lot.

2021-04-20 03:22:42

Hi
For people who bought diamonds. WHy is there a restore purchases button if diamonds are consumible? Just out curiosity.

I am a gamer from the begining of my life, and that will not change :p

2021-04-20 04:57:45 (edited by Dark 2021-04-20 07:16:53)

@bookrage, the jungle is imho the hardest island I've seen thus far.
For the lions, you need to swing your torch around a lot when you hear them, indeed on some of the higher level islands, you seem to need to do it literally every 15 steps or so, actually it would be nice if there was something a bit more definite in their mechanics, since with them not always making sounds and only wandering around, they seem far harder to deal with than either the toys in the funfair or the robots in the machine hall.

for the collapsing ceiling, you just need to practice hearing the roar and be quick, trying on your own islands is often a good idea since losing doesn't matter. Remember that its a fairly long swipe gesture, this is another advantage of using the gyro and making bigger swipes with my left hand.

I do agree about the backup gesture, since it makes things like the traps in the jungle a right pain. I'm happy with compass activation as is myself, but its a bit too easy to step forward when you're stepping back, really a two finger double tap for backsteps would be better than a swipe I think.

As regards diamonds, there is a restore purchices button, but diamonds are consumable anyway. Indeedd, while I bought a quid's worth of diamonds myself to buy some upgrades quicker, given the relative gold to diamonds exchange rate, I could see it becoming very impractical and expensive to use them that way, so I probably won't by any more of them unless I am really desperate for a time boost. Then again, people have said many times that they don't want this to be a pay to win game, so I'm quite happy with people being forced to loot their way to solvency big_smile.

It seems true that the amount of times you can be attacked is limited perhaps to one or two, but there really imho needs to be some extra benefits from revenging an attack, since at the moment, the best way of playing seems to be to check in every two and a half hours and use up all your attacks at once, since that way you only have one attack to revenge, where as if you check in every half hour and try to revenge attacks as they come in, you'll probably need to spend some extra gold on attacking just for lights in order to break even.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-20 08:29:58

Hi.
I like the rotor gesture for turning. I'll try the gyroscope later on, but that have never really worked for me.
Regarding the Gamecenter:
On the FAQ page, this is listed under known bugs which will be fixed in the next version. If it says signed in, then it should work.
I wander why the game doesn't have any rewards in the Gamecenter, but that might be a part of the bug as well.
Regarding Android: It is coming for sure. The website have all the information about the Android version, so it is coming for sure.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-04-20 09:00:46

Jungle islands are fun. big_smile Especialy if you are in front of a trap, and a lion rampages behind you.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2021-04-20 16:19:36

Annoyingly, the server is down for maintenance at the moment, though it'll be back soon.

@slj, With the gyroscope, remember that you need to hold your phone upright and facing you rather than flat.

I was having trouble in the tutorial until I started with the gyro, since the rotor always seemed to activate the wrong thing, and swipes never appeared to work properly. I just love how immersive the gyro feels, being able to literally turn myself to move around the soundscape, indeed zapping those toys in the funfair is almost like having audio defence back.

@arnold18, yep, being surrounded by lions with a trap in front of you  can get quite intense, and one of those times I wish the swipe backstep was a bit less finicky.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-20 20:15:36

Oh btw dark, you I think are number 1 in the candle light III league right? Amazing. How much do you get as a loot bonus?

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2021-04-20 22:31:39

Well, at one point or another, I see the games economy collapse in of itself.
There will be a point where the amound of gold you need to pay to the agency to attack an island will be higher than the amound of gold you might gain from an attack.
What use does attacking have if you have to pay, for example 1000 gold to attack an island, only to find out that it has just 500 gold stashed and you need to pay another 1000 gold to find the next island?
At one point you will start losing gold faster than you can gain it.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-04-20 22:51:34

Please make it so if you are in the game and you are doing nothing the game will kick you out. Its really annoying when someone stays always online to prevent being attacked

2021-04-20 23:25:55

Hi, @sightlessHorseman for that are the lights, In the candle 2 I get about 25000 bonus gold, so... It's a lot big_smile

2021-04-21 02:15:05

if you are using swipes by default to turn, how do you switch to giro method

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

2021-04-21 02:50:35

Just go to the settings button and change the rotation metod there

2021-04-21 03:14:48

Krantikari wrote:

waiting  for this game in android.

it looks like we're going to have to beg for this thing to come to Android soon.  whereas they had to find out that the game was in the app store.  after purplejam i was kind of suspicious of any company that promises big things.  probably someone will come here and say that they are improving the combat system, or something like that.  and this piece of game crashes even on a chiaomi 9. what made me sadder is that the game was the price of a pizza of the big complete, rofl.  next time, I already know where I’m going to risk my money.  on pizza, of course.  rofl!

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2021-04-21 03:28:17

I still really struggled with traps. Sometimes I am able to back up, but sometimes I seem to get caught as soon as I step on one. Today, I was testing things out to see the best way to deal with them so I was moving slowly. I took a step forward and heard the trap sound so I backed up. I have to back up three times before I stopped hearing the trap sound. Since I only heard the sound once when I stepped forward, this didn’t make sense to me. Unless I’m just not understanding how the trap works. Has anyone figured out a good way to navigate the traps?

2021-04-21 03:58:56

Btw I'm also having a problem with stepping back. If anything, I guess the game sucks at understanding gestures which really needs to be stabled in later versions imho.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2021-04-21 05:39:31 (edited by Dark 2021-04-21 05:44:27)

Agree with people about the traps. The snapping twigs boarder around them is sometimes about four steps, sometimes just two, meaning sometimes I just end up running into them, and even if I do stop, often I step forward instead of back and they get me.

If I can work out where they are, stop in time and backup, I do what I do with the snakes or the lava or other hazards, turn about ninety degrees left or right, run 10-15 steps and then use the compass to set a new trajectory towards the treasure, but often I don't get to do this for above reasons, which is why imho the jungle is the  hardest island.
I personally would like to see some more rewards given for revenging attacks. At the moment you will usually be attacked at least once, but sometimes more, every time you quit, meaning that if you pickup the game and play every half hour, you actually get attacked more often, and need to do extra runs with no loot to keep your light score positive, whereas logging in every two and a half hours, you get attacked once vs your five attacks, and thus its much easier to keep progressing.

A revenge bonus would also discourage people from just sitting with the game open as well.

@sightlessHorseman, the economy is fine, since the higher league you're in, the higher the loot bonus you get, which is why its important to keep your light score positive since climbing the ranks is the way to get lots of gold.

If I have the system correct, the price for attacks is based on player level with them costing 20 gold at level 1, 50 at level 2, 100 at level 3, 200 at level 4 and 300 at level 5.
whereas, you get 150 loot bonus in Moonlight  3, 1250 in moonlight 2, 12500 in moonlight 1, and 25000 in candlelight 3, (I'm guessing it'll be 50 or 60 thousand in candlelight 2).

the problem would come if someone ends up at a higher level in a lower league, but since you actually need to build stuff to level up, which takes gold, which takes looting, the system will self regulate I think.
Indeed, if anything your treasure chests always end up being a bit feeble as compared to the gold you can loot, but that is obviously by design.

2021-04-21 08:34:48

Hi.
@mazen: How do you notice that people are online? Does they appear on the attack list if they are online?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-04-21 08:55:49

@sLJ, sometimes when you try to get revenge on someone who attacked you, you'll be told that attacking is not possible since that person is online, hence why the sitting around online thing to avoid attacks is a bit of a cheat.

2021-04-21 09:37:04

Heh, first time i attacked someone whom i recognize, well defended island there, SLJ. Can you please decrease the lion density a lil bit? big_smile I'm druidah15 there if someone's wondering, couldn't change my username because that ingame keyboard seemed a bit weird.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2021-04-21 10:52:36

I can't wait till the android version comes out, yeah i know, i know i've said it a lot, but it reelly sounds awesome, just by listening to the youtube videos. and based on the feedback posted here.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2021-04-21 12:56:06

feer well, it's not an online game. but first get it the ios games to sonar islands is annoying. ok i have the tablet, but it's uncomfortable to play aí. besides by the time everyone is at level 6 or 7 it will come out for android and to match the 6 or 7 it's going to suck really.

2021-04-21 13:53:49

it's getting to level 6 or 7 that's going to be the fun part reelly.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.