2021-02-17 22:22:20

Hi,

Do anyone here know, if it's possible to find an ILM code on a computer with an activated JAWS-license. I recently reinstalled the Windows system on my computer, but I copied all the folders related to JAWS from the old installation, and when I started JAWS, the license was still activated. Because of that, I think the license information must be stored somewhere, atleast for this computer. Do anyone know where it is?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards:
Aksel Christoffersen

2021-02-17 22:47:34

The information probably is, but I doubt they put the key you need in plaintext, and the Jaws activation also used to be tied to a specific machine via ids extracted from hardware as well.  Not sure the latter is still the case.  If you don't have a copy you may need to call FS.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-02-17 23:41:47

the code is in a file in your activator folder but it is tied to the specific machine. handy to know if you want to reinstall and not waste a key though.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2021-02-18 00:05:41

Ok, thanks for the replies, just thought it might come in handy if I lost the ILM.

2021-02-18 00:08:15

it's in your freedom scientific folder then activator. the file has the extendtion .cps if i remember rite.

2021-02-18 00:52:02

Found it, thanks.

2021-02-18 03:01:03

we aim to please. grins. don't try tinkering with that file though. even if you can find a way to edit it which i doubt, they have checks for that now. i believe there were some dodgey files knocking about a few years ago and they found out about them and put a stop to it.