2021-02-17 11:27:53

Hey everyone. Hope you are well.
So I have been wanting to make a racing game but I cannot make any promises. That being said, I have been watching this combat racing game called Grip. It is for PC and I believe it is for PS4 and XBox1 as well. But check out these car sounds. I think unlike Top Speed and Rail Racer where it was one engine for the whole vehicle or vehicles, I believe these guys for Grip had multiple recordings of the engines from these vehicles and replicated them. So that every time you shift gears, the sound of the engine changes slightly or dramatically. But maybe a couple of cases no change at all. So yes there is pitch shifting a bit like Top Speed and Rail Racer. But to make these more realistic as much as possible, I believe that is what they had to do. And I think it was a good Idea. Also you will notice that when they shift gears, the gears make noises as well. And they sound different for almost every class of vehicle. I cannot get enough of these car sounds. Some of them sound absolutely monsterous. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c55Q4xgMFs&t=631s

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2021-02-18 00:15:20

Yeah this puts literally all audio racing games to shame, sounds alone!

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-02-18 03:29:53 (edited by audioracer 2021-02-18 09:27:07)

Tell me about it. The only two games I am grabbing any Ideas from are top Speed and Rail Racer. And I am making them into my own. Well I haven't started programming yet. But I have been righting down Ideas. I have lots of Ideas for track designs. Top Speed is no longer being developed and nobody knows anything about Rail Racer anymore.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.