2021-07-25 19:34:01

Calliope 3.4.7 is now available for your using pleasure!
It is a bug fix release only, but well worth the grab!
Chanes, as always, at the bottom.
Download: https://nathantech.net/products/software/calliope.php

3.4.7:
bug Fix: Fixed a bug with searching for radio streams that, if one was unplayable, would cause Calliope to not show any of the others.
bug Fix: Added better error handling for Youtube Videos.
Bug Fix: Fixed a bug where Calliope would miss files if their extensions were not in all lower case.
Bug Fix: Fixed where if you tried to play a stream that was down or for some reason could not be played, Calliope would crash and refuse to do anything else until you closed it.
Bug Fix: Audio books played through Librivox now show their titles correctly in the playing queue.
Bug Fix: Put code in place to prevent multiple instances of the stream data checker from running.
Bug Fix: Fixed the context menu for the youtube screen, including adding the copy item back.
Bug Fix: Fixed midi file playing.
Bug Fix: Fixed so that the streams screen shows song titles, where available.

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2021-07-29 23:29:44

Hello and sorry for the double post.
Calliope 3.4.8 is now available, though those using Calliope likely already know through the automatic updator in the program.
Just in caes though,... It's available! smile
This update brings support for AIFF and AAC files as well as a bug fix to broken streams not getting out from the top of the queue.
I'm hyper aware some of you guys would like an equaliser and I'm working on it, unfortunately I'm not very familiar with the terms used in this kind of technology so I'm having to research quite a bit before I can even begin to code.
The link, as ever, is the same: https://nathantech.net/products/software/calliope.php

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2021-08-01 19:27:30

Hi.
Could you please add support for proxies (something like socks5)? It would make life a lot easier for those of us who Can't access sites like Youtube without a Vpn.

:)

2021-08-03 19:57:50

Hi,
I've just started seriously using this, and I'm loving it so far. A couple rather annoying problems though:
1, moving around the navigation bar automatically shifts my focus to whatever I've just navigated to, say for settings, which can get rather frustrating.
2, the quick startup feature doesn't seem to work as expected, at all. If I Alt F4 out of the program or click exit, whenever I click on a file in file explorer to play it, it seems to load everything all over again, taking NVDA with it for a good 5 to 10 seconds.
I'd love to have the ability to hide the window on launch, too, with a global keystroke to show it again of course. Heck, an invisible interface for managing things normally exclusive to the GUI would be great.
Thanks for all your work so far, it's very much appreciated.

2021-08-04 00:07:59

Hey there.

@29
1. Trying turning off navigational aid in the settings screen.
2. Sorry to hear that! I'll take a look into it and see what is going on.
3. You can do this in a limited degree, I forget the keystrokes off hand but the window can be hidden with a keystroke and then you can use the global keystrokes to manipulate it.

@28 I'll get back to you on this one. I've not heard many good things about proxy settings, usually used for ban evasions, illegal access etc so I'm not inclined to implement it, but I'm not necessarily 100 percent against doing so either.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2021-08-05 22:32:27

Hi Nathan.
I usually never find myself using these little what I like to call "blindy nicknacks", but I actually find myself using this one, so congratulations for a job well done.
One feature I would like to see is a way to clear your playing queue if one does not exist already, however I couldn't find any information on it. The only way I found is to manually hit delete on each item ... which is a little annoying if you have hundreds of items.
Thanks!

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2021-08-06 00:20:11

Hi there.
I was wondering if it's possible to download a hole youtube channel with this?
I know it has Youtube dl included, but just want to be sure. Also. Is this better then VLC?
I'm tempted to switch, but don't know yet.

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2021-08-06 01:31:37

Can you play DVD's with it? I could take away VLC if it does.

2021-08-06 09:03:28

Ok wow. I just installed it and it's already better then vlc in my upinion. I found something wheerd though:
When you want to ajuste the volume in the player window you press downerrow to go up, why? Is there a way to let it use uperrow to go up and down errow to go down?

2021-08-06 19:52:42

@30 it's OK. I just want to say that most of the apps we use for daily internet usage (firefox, chrome, IDM etc) support proxies.

:)

2021-08-27 03:14:01

Announcing the release of Calliope version 3.4.9:
Changelog below:
Bug Fix: Numbered files now show in the correct order in the File explorer.
bug Fix: Capitalised midi files no longer break.
Bug Fix: Fixed a bug where Calliope would download subtitles when streaming regardless of what you selected in settings.
Bug Fix: Fixed where the convert screen was not working.
Keystroke: Control shift C on the play screen now clears the playing queue.
Keystroke: Alt S on the play screen can be used to randomise the playing queue over, and over, and over again.
Feature addition: added some code to clean up old vtt files related to the bug fix above.
Feature Improvement: Included the improved updator into Calliope. this may also make fast start up work as expected once again for those who thought it made no difference.
New Feature: Items in the context menu of the file screen now have unique letter navigation.
New Feature: If you have a library open you can now add files to it directly from the file screen through the context menu.
New feature: Added a setting that, when enabled, will mean Calliope will load your last opened library when it starts up.

You can either update through the built in updator, or download through the link below:
https://nathantech.net/products/software/calliope.php

As ever, feedback and usage appreciated! smile

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2021-08-27 10:34:43

oops, I can't download the file smoothly. The download process is very very slow, and it keeps getting error, so can someone upload the bran new file somewhere downloadable? thanks.

Notification from the shadow leader, status has been changed to...

2021-08-27 10:35:32

and btw, the updater freezes when trying to get the file from the web directly.

2021-08-28 01:26:57

Hi there!
@38 I'm sorry but I've been unable to reproduce your problem. It does sound like your internet connection, sadly.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2021-08-28 02:33:03

@39: just to let you know:
Success!  dialog  The download is now complete. We will now launch the installer for you and exit the program.
You're right, that's the conection problem, sorry for that.

2021-09-10 04:31:47

Hey there. With the latest version of Calliope Version 3.4.9.. It lets me open multiple instances of it. Is this something that could be fixed?

2021-09-27 03:38:24

Hi guys
I just realize that when I got a notification to update to version 4.10 of the program, after installed It, I got this message when launching:
Oops.  dialog  I've managed to catch an error during program execution. I can email this to the developer for you if you'd like, but please be aware, for data protection reasons, we may see the path on which you ran the program. Are you sure you want to email the error to the developer?

What's up with that?

2022-03-18 22:33:04

my only problem with the app is that it does not support mkv files, or just files that have subtitles built in to them, and multiple audio tracks, also dvd playback, if it could do those, then it would be what i use, and i'm not talking subtitles built in to the video, i'm talking just subtitles that have been added to the file like movies do

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2022-03-18 22:49:28

octoross wrote:

Hi guys
I just realize that when I got a notification to update to version 4.10 of the program, after installed It, I got this message when launching:
Oops.  dialog  I've managed to catch an error during program execution. I can email this to the developer for you if you'd like, but please be aware, for data protection reasons, we may see the path on which you ran the program. Are you sure you want to email the error to the developer?

What's up with that?

It is nothing to worry about really.
The program ust tells you that it will report the location of the executable and the other locations that the file settings are ocated at
and that means c:\users\yourusername\documents or username/appdata blah blah blah