2021-02-11 11:03:01

Dreamland uses unity 3d engine

2021-02-11 21:33:42 (edited by defender 2021-02-11 21:35:34)

@assault_freak
Actually, I wouldn't pay for a mainstream game without translation unless it was something I could play just fine without it either.  We don't have the option of just going with the flow as VI players most of the time, we need to understand what's going on to be even half way effective, and removing the narration and voice quotes can put a big damper on that, especially for story heavy genres.  Obviously this isn't as much the case with audio games, but it's still a huge disadvantage in a game like this.
My comment about the price wasn't really directed towards the devs, because I realize how hard it would be for them to get good translations, just a comment on my own personal feelings.
Though I would be more than willing to pay an extra fee for good text only translations if they were eventually offered...  And I don't see them making a ton of sails here without that.  Though at least it's available for those who want it.

2021-02-12 02:13:25

I haven't tried it, but to anyone who has played it, purely out of curiosity, do you think, its worth more than A hero's call and BK3's English translation?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-02-12 11:45:38

The below is just my personal opinion. I honestly thin=k that so I naswer.
Comparing Legend Of The Moon and A Hero's Call is a bit wrong, sicne AHC was backedb y hundrets of people, while LOM was developed by a lone man.
I think that its more worth than BK3 translation as you can play BK3 without it, on the other hand, NN3 translation is only $5.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-02-12 14:14:43

What do you call a sad person playing old video games through software designed to replicate an old OS?
An Emolator! (emo-lator)

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2021-02-12 15:09:23

I don't think @30 belongs here.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2021-02-12 15:20:32

nuno I m play but how you stand where is gold?

2021-02-12 17:05:32 (edited by assault_freak 2021-02-12 17:25:16)

@29, I agree with your comparison to AHC. I'd also add that they're two completely genres of game... but the question is is it worth $30? The answer, in short is that it depends on whether you're willing to use translation software and also put up with gameplay designs that are, as with a couple of other Chinese games, less modern. This game reminds me of what a lot of early action rpgs would've been like. Combat is super simple, there are no proper combat physics and it's unforgiving to the point where you'd have to sink tons of coins to continue if it was an arcade game. Exploration is a bit of a chore. But for me personally? I'm enjoying it while being frustrated at the same time.. in short, much of the same feelings I had toward Battle of Armageddon. But I love Chinese martial arts adventures. IF someone was willing to program for me and let me design something, I'd do a remake of this game because the story and world are fantastic. The gameplay just has to be improved. But again, this is a difference in opinion. Most Chinese players seem satisfied.

Discord: clemchowder633

2021-02-12 17:31:14

@assault Why do you say that about exploration? Remember to use the radar (Letter B).

2021-02-12 18:07:35 (edited by assault_freak 2021-02-12 18:09:51)

The radar is helpful, and I do use it. But there's nowhere to check progress, your next objective, or side quests you've picked up. And as far as I can tell, items like wine and food don't get picked up by the scan. It also goes through walls when you are in the cities which makes it a little confusing. I understand the appeal for hiding certain items because that does make it more fun, but hidden items should be secondary things that you don't need like animal meat. Things that you need like healing items and money should be visible. And yes, I know the idea is to explore carefully. But you will still miss things when exploring carefully, and I think the things you miss shouldn't be things that really hinder your progress. I also think inventory management should be done better, as it's pretty much the same system in Battle of Armageddon. But I'm guessing theyuse a similar engine. Right now, although this isn't a detailed review, I'd give this game a solid 6.5/10, because I definitely think it's decent and has a lot of potential,and the developer seems like he's going to continue updating it. An autoupdate system would be nice,too, especially for us who don't have the luxury of using QQ. Or if the developer created and was part of a skype group for the game so we can at least talk to him the same way as in the QQ group.

2021-02-12 19:31:13

Hi all. Here is a demo of the game, from the beginning right up until the end of the demo portion. This demonstrates both the game's good qualities, and the not so goo ones. I stress again that I think this game has potential. Again, 6.5/10, with possibility of change. Thoughts welcome.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4wbg73g60w72 … o.mp3?dl=0

2021-02-12 19:56:25

The dev will update this game, like he did with 1942. The content is 10% done, and we all shape its future.

2021-02-12 20:10:38 (edited by assault_freak 2021-02-12 20:11:50)

We'll see. But in my experience, the core mechanics won't see too big of an upgrade. And we can't all shape its future if only people with qq get to submit their feedback. lol Not saying that to be rude, but it's true. And I'll say it as many times as I have to. Like with Battle of Armageddon, I do not hate this game. I enjoy it. I simply think it could be improved on.

2021-02-12 20:38:00

Some points to your review.
1. The game has an auto copy setting.
Settings > Output Settings > CLipboard.
2. The "dong dong" signifies east/west walls while the bubble signifies the north/south  walls.
3. If you donj't help him he will remember you that later in the game. No spoilers though!
4. There are four flowers in the woods behind the first village.
5. Remember that you can use Neigong (CTRL+ARROWS) to move fast.

2021-02-12 20:38:34

I hope the dev can read this forum. Also, I left his E-Mail here.

2021-02-12 20:45:28 (edited by assault_freak 2021-02-12 20:54:56)

The clipboard output crashes the game when battling. At least on my computer it does. Also, qingong isn't a big enough game changer to make fights easier. especially when you're surrounded and can't figure out which way to move. I'd rather save up my internal energy for skills. And I missed two of the flowers? Gotta go back for those... again, essential items like that shouldn't be left behind without any indication at all. But that, again, is a difference of opinion. Thanks for mentioning the clipboard output though and for that tip. And when you saythere are four flowers, are you talking about the village or the city... I only found three out of three. What other items am I missing?

2021-02-13 01:53:01

And this is where some sort of objective indicator, at least for the main story, would be real handy... I just loaded my game, but can't figure out where to proceed. There are plains on every side of the city where I can go kill enemies. But no indicator as to where I should go, and no way to make extra money that I can find.

2021-02-13 10:50:55

Go to the mansion in the city. The man there will want to battle you and if you win he will give you 50 coins. You need to find the Xuesha school.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
Go east to find it, yet on the western plain there is a mausoleum containing many hidden things.

2021-02-13 17:09:16 (edited by assault_freak 2021-02-13 17:30:01)

I found the guy and got the coins. But what school are you talking about? And what's the next main story objective? At least sggest to the developer that there shold be some kind of indicator. lol

2021-02-13 17:44:58

@Assault_freak: Thanks a lot for the demo. That'll hopefully give me an idea about if the game is for me or not.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-02-13 19:35:38

I wrote him a message. You need to find the antidote for the girl, and you will find the clues on the eastern field.

2021-02-13 21:11:21 (edited by assault_freak 2021-02-13 21:14:25)

Yeah... I need a bit more help than that. hahaha. I figured out the old man's riddle and he gave me a fruit. There are no other clues other than that, none of the npcs say anything helpful, and talking to the pharmacist doesn't have any reaction.

2021-02-13 22:46:19

Proceed through the northern forest. You will reach their gate and yoru hero will decide that this is not a way to go and then I hadt o stop for now.

2021-02-13 23:45:57 (edited by assault_freak 2021-02-14 00:09:06)

I wandered in the eastern area outside the city for about half an hour and never came across that. I did find a save point, though. IS it somewhere in there?
Edit: Never mind, found it. You have to press enter in weird spots without any indication. Would've been hard to figure out without knowledge of how chinese martial arts fantasy works. lol