2021-02-07 22:55:49 (edited by Orin 2021-02-07 22:58:53)

Hi all,

I'm going to keep this post short because the website explains it all, but here's the highlights:
-  Browser RPG platform with one in-progress campaign available currently to play.
-  A nice selection of music that can be toggled with a single button press. They're midis.
- Markets itself as a modern take on the old-school RPG. All text, dropdowns, and thus accessible. Only three minor gripes with this.

A note about registration: There is a captcha, with no audio captcha available. I suggest either skipinput.com or, I hear Captcha be Gone is working again I'm on the Discord so I'll talk to the dev about implementing an audio alternative.
Now about the minor accessibility gripes:

Panels: The interface is in panels. While the dropdowns/combo boxes are accessible enough, you must open them with alt+down arrow to get to the item you want and then press enter to select it. Once you select an item, the dropdowns will seemingly go away according to your screen reader. You have to tab back into them, because the website is presented such that, say, the item categories in shops are presented on a left panel, the info panel which has information pertaining to the item selected in the middle, and then the options for buying in another panel on the right. What this means is that you will have to tab into the area you want to focus on each time you select something currently.

This also goes for inventory. You will have a combo box to select which hero you want to manage, followed by their inventory in a middlepanel, with the equipping options on the right. What this translates to is doable by heading for each section of the panel.

Combat is pretty straightforward. However, if you open the combo box to attack and down arrow the game will immediately select the first enemy to attack. Use the alt+down arrow key to open the combo box and press enter on the enemy you want to engage.
The third gripe I have is with the map. Traveling is easy enough with the combo box under the choices for the story and party options, however up above the GM text are a bunch of "click for details" links all of which details info of a location on the map, however I could not figure out where this info is displayed after clicking on said link. Numbered items are items your party can travel to, however I can't find the info in the first place.

All this being said, the game at present is certainly doable and I'm sure can be made better if we contact Scott, the GM.

Edit: Note panels for character creation.

http://browserquests.com

2021-02-08 05:56:44

hi.
thanks for introducing the game.
is there anyway arround to that captcha? i am trying it using my iphone.

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2021-02-08 13:47:47

sorry for double posting but, i cannot sign in. i tried to use skipinput.com but the game says incorrect security code. before i can solve captcha, i will not play this game.

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2021-02-09 17:06:53

skipinput.com definitely worked for me.

2021-02-09 19:48:58 (edited by Warcat 2021-02-09 19:57:42)

this romula thing didnt work for me either. didn't find any captchas, even though I did eveerything in the instructions. I will try this with firefox as well and see if it does work.
edit: Just saw that this thing doesnt seem to be available for firefox. If this is available, can someone send the link? tried googling for it but nothing useful comes up. The site states however that this works for FF, but there is only a link for chrome.

2021-02-10 01:22:50

yesterday i successfully managed to create the account. i tried it about 4 times and finally it walked.