2021-01-25 02:50:29

Hi guys.
So I created this thread for anyone who knows of some good Discord easter eggs. There are two that I know of, but I don't know how to access the one.
The first one, and probably the simplest one, is how to get a startup sound. Simply locate the home option in your tree view, and click it fifteen times.
Next, there's one that helps you get the rare ringtone by enabling dev mode, going into this console thing, and you can paste this command. Does anyone know what that command is or how I can enable this developer mode?
Finally, what are some good easter eggs that you can think of?

2021-01-25 02:56:14

Just tried the home 15 times thing. Totally hilarious

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-01-25 03:52:16

I just found this... and well... there aren't really as many as I thought there were.
https://discordia.me/en/easter-eggs
Anyway, the remixxed ringtone sounds kind of cool.

2021-01-25 04:05:31

Press control slash to get the keyboard shortcuts, then go into focus mode and the arrows do this guitar thingie. The keyboard shortcuts there to remove it by presing control slash again when done.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-25 14:17:32 (edited by Minionslayer 2021-01-25 14:30:08)

Oh man I didn't know about the startup sound. I only knew it out of context cause I used Better Discord.
The documentation doesn't say anything about the console or dev  but you can enable it under appearance. Apparently you ave a 0.1% change or something like that of it just playing on start when in a voice call.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-01-25 17:11:05

besides the guitar sound when pressing the arrow keys in the box ctrl+/ makes pop up, I can't make any of them activate, unfortunately. I would like that startup sound and the custom remixed call thingi, but think it's not available anymore. Neither does the multiple pressing of the home icon do anything.

2021-01-25 18:55:15

I got the startup sound to work, press on the home icon exactly 15 times, it works.
I want the ringtone though, that I couldn't get no matter what.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2021-01-25 19:06:51 (edited by Minionslayer 2021-01-25 19:07:26)

@bgt lover, Multiple clicks of home does work. Try virtual clicking, or actually using a mouse. Enter usually doesn't work cause it puts focus back in the message box. The remix ringtone is on a 0.01% random chance, so no, most likely you wouldn't have seen that in action.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-01-25 19:16:56

I got the startup sound.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-25 19:29:50

I didn't manage to do it. I even used an actual mouse

2021-01-25 20:07:13

@bgt lover, Are you sure it was in the right position?

2021-01-25 20:31:29

I didn't need to, I just hit enter on it 15 times in focus mode. It didn't work when I tried v-clicking.

End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-25 22:26:24

Yeah just enter focus mode over the tree view and hit Enter fifteen times. It should work

2021-01-26 13:52:42

Yeah, this is how you do it.
And if it just sends you to the message box, you hit escape, ctrl home, l and click friends.
Then try again clicking home, it will work.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!