2021-01-22 12:42:20

Great news in the Wild West!

A Western Drama is going to be available on Steam on February 2nd!

Make sure to put A Western Drama on your Steam wishlist, so that you don’t miss the release.

Audiogames will conquer Steam!!

2021-01-22 13:21:40

Audiogames will conquer Steam? Lol smile

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2021-01-22 15:49:52

ogomez92 wrote:

Audiogames will conquer Steam? Lol smile

Yeah, why not? big_smile

2021-01-22 23:31:52

how to make steam available? I downloaded the application, NVDA does not read it. Sorry I write not in the topic, I just do not know where to ask

2021-01-23 20:50:31

Agreed with @2 here. As long as Steam isn't at least mostly accessible it doesn't really make sense to put Audiogames there.

By the way, will A western drama be available for IOS too?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-01-23 21:13:25 (edited by Dark 2021-01-23 21:14:31)

I'd class steam as "usable", but not really accessible. Though  as it's possible to circumvent using the actual crappy client and create your own shortcuts, this isn't actually as much of an issue as you might think.

However, even though Valve are a bunch of brainless idiots who wouldn't know accessibility if it poked them in the eye, Steam is also the fastest growing of all gaming platforms.

Want to get sighted gamers and mainstream companies into audiogames? Steam is one of the best ways for doing that, since through Steam, audiogames will be far more visible to the generally sighted gaming public.

So, while I personally am not a huge fan  of Steam, much less the ignoramuses who design the client, and would generally prefer to get games on other platforms when possible (albeit I'll still get games on Steam rather than miss out on them entirely), I'm totally in favour of audiogames being brought out on Steam, just for the visibility factor if nothing else.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-01-23 22:10:08

@dark: I completely agree. I just do not have the patience to sit down and navigate my way through steam. WHat I would prefer is that games have an alternative download method for those people who don't want to use steam. To my knowledge, some audio games you can only get exclusively on steam. WHy not make so that you can download it directly from the website as well?

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2021-01-23 22:12:34

@7 more download methods means more work for the developers. It's not really that hard to use tbh once you know how to use it, OCR and the steam app/website are your friends. I can download games and launch them from the steam client itself.

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2021-01-24 08:00:44

hey guys,
Okay so for those of us who aren't in the loop what is this western drama game about?
I usually get my sighted friend to just team viewer in and help me on steam.
It takes him all of like five minutes to do it.
But I want to know what this game is about before I consider getting it.
Thanks!

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2021-01-24 08:32:06 (edited by JasonBlaze 2021-01-24 08:32:53)

lol how many times has been stated that steam is not that difficult to setup? you all making it sounds like it needs like 10 hours to setup and getting use to. create an account, install steam, modify the shortcut slightly, let it run on the background and you never have to really care about the app anymore since you can just purchase the game via web browser, that's it.
there is a guide in artickle room for more detail.
@9: a western drama is basicly... well kind of the upgraded version of a blind legend with wild  west theam.

2021-01-24 08:52:13

@Briant, jason blaze is correct, once you've setup steam using the guide, you can download from the website, then create windows shortcuts to your games and never need to touch the crappy client at all.
the setup is a bit of a fiddly process, but once that's done, running the games comes without hassle, and in the case of something like slay the spire, auto updating of mods is also nice.

As to a western drama, imagine a wild west story about mercenaries taking out bad guys and earning bounties, with your main character as the idealistic youngster, and your mentor as the gruff experienced trail hand.

Audio combat sequences are on the easier side, while audio navigation can feel a little lengthy, though I did enjoy a few of the more interesting mechanics like playing Simon with maraca beats to raise your concentration in duels.

The atmosphere and acting are extremely good, the story is fun, if light weight, and I'll give them a lot of credit for being the longest audio adventure title we've had so far, and one which attempts to have a more in depth story and atmosphere than the likes of a bline legend or echoes of livia.

As with a lot of audio adventure titles, take it simply as a great if short cinematic experience and you won't be disappointed, albeit with a five hours playing time, this one is rather longer than most.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-01-24 22:51:20

is the steam security query finally finally usable without sighted help?

2021-01-24 23:20:12

I can handle the steam client without problems, and on the site as well.

I don't know why @ 2 joked, but ... it's okay, each crazy person with their madness, do what they don't? same.

if i'm not mistaken, this game was on steam for a while, but it wasn't available. in steam

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2021-01-25 02:39:55

@firefly82, last I setup the shortcut with username password as described in the guide, it went passed all that capcha rubbish, and it was just necessary to answer an email and login on the steam website with a standard tick box to get things working, no sighted help required (which is a good thing.

of course, I've not had to touch that since I had to resetup Steam back in August, so whether it's changed since then I don't know.

You can sort of semi navigate the client by tabbing around and using arrows with NVda, but what it shows and what you hit seems pretty inconsistent, and most client functions once your logged in, like checking achievements, subscribing to mods, downloading games  etc, are all possible through the website itself anyway, which is what I do.

As I said, I would describe the client as sort of vaguely usable, but not exactly accessible, which is an improvement on it's previous status of completely unusable at all, but not really where it needs to be, especially with the stupid match the pictures capcha crap.

2021-01-25 02:47:33

sorry for being off topic, but i dont know if this would be good enough for its own, or if its needed/wanted. but what about a program that uses the steam api as much as possible to get the most out of the client with out touching it and letting the api do it all for you specificly made for us. valve alow this as deminstrated by the kodi addon

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2021-01-25 17:04:22

SilverMoon wrote:

hey guys,
Okay so for those of us who aren't in the loop what is this western drama game about?
I usually get my sighted friend to just team viewer in and help me on steam.
It takes him all of like five minutes to do it.
But I want to know what this game is about before I consider getting it.
Thanks!

Unfortunately this is still the best way to navigate on Steam, but it's a topic that has been taken up – in my opinion, the more audiogames are on Steam, the more Steam would consider accessibility the fundamental aspect that it is.
However, A Western Drama is an audiogame with binaural audio, set in the Far West of the mid-19th century. The main character is a bounty hunter, there will be fights and shootings!

2021-01-25 17:05:21

Juliantheaudiogamer wrote:

Agreed with @2 here. As long as Steam isn't at least mostly accessible it doesn't really make sense to put Audiogames there.

By the way, will A western drama be available for IOS too?

I'm sorry, it's not available yet.

2021-01-25 17:15:22

Dark wrote:

@Briant, jason blaze is correct, once you've setup steam using the guide, you can download from the website, then create windows shortcuts to your games and never need to touch the crappy client at all.
the setup is a bit of a fiddly process, but once that's done, running the games comes without hassle, and in the case of something like slay the spire, auto updating of mods is also nice.

As to a western drama, imagine a wild west story about mercenaries taking out bad guys and earning bounties, with your main character as the idealistic youngster, and your mentor as the gruff experienced trail hand.

Audio combat sequences are on the easier side, while audio navigation can feel a little lengthy, though I did enjoy a few of the more interesting mechanics like playing Simon with maraca beats to raise your concentration in duels.

The atmosphere and acting are extremely good, the story is fun, if light weight, and I'll give them a lot of credit for being the longest audio adventure title we've had so far, and one which attempts to have a more in depth story and atmosphere than the likes of a bline legend or echoes of livia.

As with a lot of audio adventure titles, take it simply as a great if short cinematic experience and you won't be disappointed, albeit with a five hours playing time, this one is rather longer than most.

Thank you for the accurate recap and for the feedback smile

2021-01-25 17:28:23

Anyway, while we're waiting that Steam becomes fully accessible (and with a lot of audiogames), you can check this out, if you'd like to: https://www.audiogame.store/en/home-en/
It's the Store of Audiogame Association, it's a different distribution channel from Steam, and it's full of audiogames (audiogames only!) smile

2021-01-25 22:09:30

hello, @ 14. yes, i just use the steam client to install games and uninstall.

for the rest i use the steam site, the client is clearly an attempt by steam not to make you forget about it.

of course I must say for @ 15, would it be possible to have an alternative steam client? already exists for epic games, because not for steam yet

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2021-01-25 23:56:06

20, already exists for epic games, because not for steam yet confuses me. and i dont mean an alternite client. i mean an app to interface with it using the steam api

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609