2021-01-24 17:13:51

@25
there is one problem with that. People will still attempt to purchase the games, thinking that they will get their license key but one month later still nothing. There are people who don't check this forum and therefore won't know that a game is abandoned

2021-01-24 21:01:27 (edited by targor 2021-01-24 21:03:01)

@26 Yes, obviously. But what can we do about it? Either the developer takes down the links or not, but there's nothing we can do but try to get in contact with him.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-01-25 14:55:26

Idk, its still a grey area, but come on. Its totally immoral to take people's money like that and not give them anything. Hacking isn't the answer, but in this instance its literally the only way to get the games.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-01-25 17:24:23

How pay, if via paypal file dispute.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-25 18:46:20

It's not as if the buyer won't see his money ever again. I've heard it's quite easy to file a dispute with PayPal. No need to hack the games and get criminal yourself.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-01-25 23:58:08

guys, look, look, look, if anyone want to play their games, and he is no responding, they said it is done, everything is going down, then hack the games, it's legal. now, i said it.

2021-01-25 23:58:32

otherwise, this is considered cheating and unfair.

2021-01-26 00:52:48

Hacking is never legal chief. Just because someone tells you to assisted murder is still murder in most places.

_____

2021-01-26 09:14:32

It's technically still illegal since if I remember right, their games are still protected by a license agreement, which doesn't become void just because he's not responding to anything. The only one to void that agreement and essentially give out the games for free is James himself. Looks like he won't do that though.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-01-27 00:39:09

My take on it is, if you pay the dev money for a product, you can hack it to play it. No different to if you had gotten a key. He gets money, you get game.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2021-01-27 03:45:14

Dunno... This could, depending on the c case; be considered scamming, by some people, as, you pay for something, and you, as the buyer, expect to get the product or service you payed for, after-all, you payed for it. But if you don't get it... This, despite you paying, from a technical standpoint? Scamming could be one word for it. Granted people who bought the games could still get their money back; but still. If the dev's not willing to mintain the games then, customers will just, throw money into the void, as someone said in a earlier post. I get these games aren't very expensive; not comparing to other things; but still. The case /s the same; you buy the product, and the company, or individual, should deliver the product one bought. / am not; by any  means; saying the guy's a scammer; i'm not; however some people might very well look at it this way.

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

2021-01-27 11:50:33

The problem is: As soon as we say: "Okay, I bought the game, now I can hack it.", there has to be a openly known way to hack the games. And as I see it, there are many users on this forum who would abuse this knowledge imediately.

2021-01-27 13:58:27

lmao num37 You hit that on the top of the head.  Their are many on here who would totally abuse this knolege.  What's to stop someone from paying, hacking the game and giving them out to their friends, and before you know it, those friends give it to their friends, and so on.  you have many upon many copies of hacked games from this company that stemmed from 1 user.  So I say don't crack it, dont throw money at it, and if you did, then oh well, lesson learned and money lost.  Pass on what you have learned and discourage others from buying their products.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-01-27 13:59:41

and whats up with the mods not hammering the balls of those who encourage the cracking of their games in this very thread?

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-01-27 15:16:12

@39 I was wondering that thing myself, but they seem to be busy with other things, I mean, life plus the contsnt battle isue you indirectly brought up lol

_____

2021-01-27 16:15:24

Folks, not that it's excusable what's happening here, but you do realize you can request chargebacks from your credit card company or the merchant if you purchased a product and never received it, right? So if they're selling through Paypal for instance, dispute the charge with Paypal. If enough of this happens, Paypal will suspend the account. If the merchant was dumb enough to use their personal account for the business, there goes their personal account. If not, then their business can't sell anymore.

Yeah, the listing probably should be updated in some form. But you don't have to sit here helplessly hoping the mods will save you, nor do you have to let future purchasers make this mistake again and again. Take your power into your own hands, people. It's silly that this topic has gone on for this long. Seriously, find a project or a new book or something.

2021-01-27 19:32:37

lmao i forgot about the cb thing.  And num 41 no people aren't waiting for the mods on here to save them, they are waiting for them to figure out something so it doesn't happen to anyone else in the feuture

2021-01-27 20:37:44

You really wanna crack the Draconis games? You'll find a way. But that's on you, those days are long past for me, and even if they weren't, I wouldn't know where to look these days. I mean if you want to play the classics that badly... You could say they were a staple of audio gaming in the 00s.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-01-27 20:55:42

The classics is what started the audio games, well at least for me, and when the audio game world actually had good games to play.  Were the games good, yes, would I crack them, no because those days of illegally getting things for myself are long passed.  I had some keys for them, but I got rid of them, and a couple came from some of the users on this very forum.  But like I said, that was years and years ago..

2021-02-01 17:53:08

Moderation.
Real quick. Caution for all who are vocal about cracking. No one's getting warned yet as there's been no official methods discussed herein, and this purchasing situation is kind of a shitshow, so I'm holding back for now. Do not make me regret this decision, i.e. anymore direct hacking discussions and there will have to be warnings. Vulcan is absolutely right. AS much as this situation sucks, there is such a thing as not purchasing the games until an official status can be determined. If we theoretically allowed direct discussions of hacking these games, people could easily apply generic methods (trial freezes, registry hacks, etc) to other titles that are most certainly not abandoned.
end moderation.
Right. Let's slow down just a bit.
The new titles themselves exist in a demo form that everyone has seemingly forgotten about. The showcase. That little demo program that doesn't expire? Yeah. That thing. So, here's what we're going to do.
1. We are going to update Change Reaction and Silver Dollar's download link with links to the showcase download. In fact, I think we'll go ahead and make that permanent, since if you purchase those games you are then going to be directed to download the versions that must be activated before they can be played. Those looking for a game download are going to be expecting a game that is either free, or a trial/demo. People who go to this site to download games want to download games they can play, not games that they must later find out are unlicensed till they purchase.
2. We will remove the url to the draconis site from all titles, but keep their original demo download links (this does not include the pinball Party Pack as that one does not contain a demo. For that we will remove both links.
3. WE will change license status to unknown, and put status updates in their descriptions.
4. I'll probably go ahead and see if there is any non-Draconis route for contacting Josh to inquire about this situation. The guy's working for Apple accessibility and has also written some pretty good books, so his iBooks store entry pages probably have an official method of contact that isn't through Draconis.
Ok, I think that settles that. Can we all take a breather now that this is being settled?

2021-02-01 18:05:41

work is being done, check out the Change Reaction db entry

2021-02-01 18:51:53

That's good to hear, thanks Jack.

2021-02-01 19:40:15

No problem, at the time of this writing all the Draconis entries have been tended to.