2021-01-14 17:42:59

Hello there.
I decided to finally do it and switch to a password manager.
What can you guys recommend with these features?
It needs to be able to sink between Windows, Android, ios and iPad os, but if it works with the iPhone, it should also do the iPad.
It also has to have the ability to auto complete my password with fingerprint and face id.
Any recommendation will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
smile

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2021-01-14 17:52:43

1Password. Pure awesomeness.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-01-14 21:24:20 (edited by Dakonna 2021-01-14 21:24:54)

Last pass. purest awesomeness.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-01-14 21:33:35

Bitwarden: actual purist awesomeness. Open source. Reasonably priced.

2021-01-14 22:40:54 (edited by omer 2021-01-14 22:41:40)

kee-pass, best of the best, easy to setup and shit
the plugins are pricy though
but evin without plugins, its a verry useful tool

2021-01-14 23:20:21

Key pass doesn't sink, or I haven't found anything about it yet.
The rest are paid though, that kinda puts me off for now at least since I don't have the money to pay for a year of 1password, I should see about last pass and Bitwarden, I will have to check prices.

2021-01-14 23:37:51

They all have free tiers though.

2021-01-14 23:47:55 (edited by omer 2021-01-14 23:48:11)

kee pass has unofficial external ios and android apps
put your database to dropbox or any cloud and it will sync

2021-01-14 23:49:43

I wouldn't trust OnePassword with my information seeing as it's closed source. Bitwarden being open source does bring about much more transparency, also seeing as it is decentralized it is much easier to be in charge of security.
Also, most of Bitwarden's features are free, and premium gives you multifactor auth plus 1GB of encrypted file storage. AT $10 a year, premium is an absolute steal.

2021-01-15 00:14:28

Agreed with nine. Not sure how you can get any more reasonable than what Bitwarden gives you and maintain financial stability.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-01-15 02:44:07

You also get an awesome Electron app that takes years to open if you have a lower end system, as well as an iOS app with a very confusing layout that is best used by exploring the screen, not swiping. If you are fine dealing with this, as I am for the moment, Bitwarden on the actual functionality works perfecttly fine. It does offer you touch / face ID autofill on iOS, not sure about Android, but don't see why it wouldn't, and works just fine for free. I don't actually even remember what do you get in premium, since I didn't really have a need to pay myself.

2021-01-15 03:46:04

@11, yeah, it offers biometric autofill if that's what your talking about. When I go to log into something, there's an "autofill with Bitwarden" thing that pops up, and I tap on that, authenticate with my fingerprint, and then I can tap on the item that holds my credentials. I can even add one from right there. The interface isn't very confusing on Android, so I'm not sure why it is on iOS --that may be due to VO, perhaps. I'm not sure.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-01-15 08:56:05

Thanks guys, bitwarden it is then, just checked all the stuff and it is the most ok by me.

2021-01-15 10:12:27

Premium gets you multifactor auth, primarily using a fido2 security key. It only works within the web vault and the chrome extension though, there is sadly no fido2 support in the desktop app though the desktop app does do Windows Hello. I hope it adopts the Solo Dice keys when they launch, as you can't have a master password stronger than a set of those plus a solo key. And yet fido2 as we know it will still continue to only work with a handful of companies, because people are too damn complacent and won't spend the $20 on a good security key, but will happily run to Walmart for $500 in Amazon giftcards because hte, quote, IRS, told them to. Hell, even Paypal isn't secured with fido2 yet, and they're parat of the god-damn fido alliance! Guess they realized at the last second that they'd be losing out on a very important easy-money revenue stream if they actually enabled a mechanism to make accounts unphishable.

2021-01-15 11:34:20

Got it and I am pretty happy with the fact that it sinks and it is accessible on both Droid and Ios, didn't do it on Windows yet.
I don't need the premium, it is really ok the way it is and it just works fine, even replaced the iCloud key chain thing.