2021-01-13 03:24:09

Hi,
Chicken Nugget, the Twitter client from www.getaccessibleapps.com, is back! You can get it from:
https://q-continuum.net/chicken_nugget/
Enjoy yourselves!
BTW, I would highly recommend purchasing if you don't already have a key. You have a 30-day trial, though.

2021-01-13 03:29:05

$15.00 for an accessible twitter client? hmm... surtainly not cheep. comparing this to tw blue what do you all think?

2021-01-13 03:34:08

I haven't used it in quite a long time now, but it was good for its time. I can't remember if I bought it after my demo ran out, but IMO yeah definitely not worth 15 USD.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2021-01-13 03:44:37

It's worth it for me, it now has image describing, custom keymaps, sound packs, etc.

2021-01-13 03:49:15

and so does twblue last time i checked

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2021-01-13 04:13:24

Yeah and TWBlue is open sourced for those who know Python and want to change it in any way

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2021-01-13 04:26:35

custom keymap and soundpack already on tw blue yeah. tw blue has  mager delay issue though since the twitter API update thing, wish it is smooth like before though. the last time I felt tw blue was smooth is back on 2018.

2021-01-13 04:52:37 (edited by Munawar 2021-01-13 04:53:22)

I won't be purchasing it after it got abandoned for so long. Makes one lose trust in the dev. Better to turn to more reliable, mainstream clients or those that are supported by open-source.

I lost track of how many times over the past year or so a conversation has started with "I bought CN and now it's useless..."

Besides these are all things you can get for free nowadays.

This developer has a track record of abandoning software, so I would advise buyers to beware.

2021-01-13 05:07:54

Don't care, for more reasons that I can list here and still keep my sanity.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-13 05:41:21

Agreed. While it's perfectly within a developer's rights to abandon a project without notice, the fact that money is spent on these things makes it worse for me. Remember Captcha Be Gone? Remember how that was a subscription service and how it just stopped working and there were no plans to fix it or any notification whatsoever? I bought a Chicken Nugget license, and soon after the developer just abandoned it because he didn't feel like supporting it anymore. Again well within his rights, but it screwed me and others over. Then he has the nerve to leave it up on his site for anyone to buy and be unable to use. Hell no. Fortunately there's TwBlue and now I use that. I also had a Captcha Be Gone plan, and then that just stopped working without notice too. I don't know if it works again, but it's still up there for anyone to buy and get screwed over if it doesn't.

It's neat that he's picking up the project again, but I'm not going to use his apps again if it's just a hobby he just loses interest in one day and treats his customers like shit. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Maybe after he fixes his reputation some, then I'll consider it.

Also, there isn't even any sort of terms of use or anything on his site as far as I can tell. I forget if there's a license agreement in the programs themselves, but really?

2021-01-13 08:01:16

Nostalgia got the better of me and I did switch back to Nugget, and while it does feel like revisiting an old friend, I should mention that I already had a license from years ago. Would I buy it in the year 2021 AD especially after its abandonment and considering its main selling point isn't even guaranteed to be available? Probably not.
If realtime streaming comes to Chicken Nugget through the api v2, that's also on TW Blue's roadmap as well. The only thing I don't see coming to CN is the automatic image describer, because I have a feeling he's using Computer Vision for that. Then again, TW Blue could easily have the functionality implemented but require an Azure API key.

2021-01-13 08:13:00

Streaming was never really a selling point anyway, IMO. TW Blue was pretty much always a competitor. Agreed with the rest of your post though, I also had a license from years ago.

2021-01-13 08:30:16

Yeah. I do still have my key, probably for this very reason. I bought it in 2017. Now that I use TwBlue though, I don't really see a need to switch back.

2021-01-13 09:07:36

I'm not going to pay money to access a platform you can use for free. Tw Blue is still best.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-01-13 09:26:24

I like it, TWBlue has always been pretty unstable for me. That having been said I already have a key and I totally get the abandonment issue. OTOH, he also updated QCast which means I have a podcatcher that actually does what it's supposed to for the first time in a long time.

2021-01-13 10:02:59

I just use the twitter web app. It works fine for me

2021-01-13 11:12:26

I also use the twitter web app sometimes.

73 Wj3u

2021-01-13 11:25:12

I Never use to web app, especially since that means I would have to leave the browser open all the time to keep an eye on things. Also takes more time and is ridiculously clunky unless I'm doing something wrong.

2021-01-13 11:56:19 (edited by Minionslayer 2021-01-13 11:57:53)

I never used CN then, so I'd just be interested to see what it was all about.
Edit: Oh, and remember CAPTCHA Be Gone is literally from the same guy.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-01-13 12:34:42

@19, you can always grab the trial. 30 days should be more than enough for your needs

2021-01-13 14:01:17

@haily_merry, Sure it is, I just got the portable version.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2021-01-13 14:17:07

If you already bought CN, this is certainly great news. Despite TW blue being an amazing alternative, it has issues, especially with threads, quoted tweets or conversations. It also can't really play videos posted to Twitter and thinks they are images.

2021-01-13 14:35:02

Does CN have all the buffer lag bullshit?

2021-01-13 15:09:23

@Munawar:
I literally said this to someone earlier who was asking whether people thought it was worth the purchase. I actually like some of the features in nugget, videos and to a lesser extent audio are a huge one for me. I'm on the 30 day trial but remain pretty skeptical about continued support. I'm already not quite sure if I'm willing to fork over money to the dev given his previous record though. What are clients like Tween like these days anyway?

2021-01-13 15:20:29

@cj89 Tween is opensource and free, but lack accessibility and English documentation in my opinion. So, certainly not impossible to use, but why should I when there is competition?