2021-01-12 01:58:32

Hey guys!
I just found this out.

Circus Master's Revenge 2 - The Future Of Mental Vision Llc with Joe Quirk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzjTD-v … KDpvNjLJiU

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2021-01-12 04:23:18 (edited by JasonBlaze 2021-01-12 04:26:27)

if the guy stop being explosive when we complain about his game, sure. Don't mean to be a jackass but I still hold my view that a developer should at least be mature as I stated on the applevis site. if he manage to fix stuff from the previous game, mainly clunckyness, I'll make sure to give it a chance. if you really wish to replace audio defence from my heart, make your game smoother first.

2021-01-12 04:34:20

I don’t know. The last time I played this game, it was in a pretty poor state. Unless that is changed, I won’t be supporting this developer. I’m sorry.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2021-01-12 04:51:19

Yeah. i  played it for a  little while but i  just didn't like it that much. all the loading screans and stuf and it was kind of easy to be oneste imo. and then the gun sounds wen you fire you no you fire but if you fire again it cuts the first one off. you can see this if you use the ak47. and then sometimes with the things he says sometimes he recorded them with his phone i  asoom so sometimes you can hear the double tapping sound to stop the recording. but that doesn't matter to me alot.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-01-12 05:39:47

For what I heard on youtube interview, he'll not go back to applevis anymore. To me I dont like the first game. Maybe it's not my thing. But who knows maybe different this time.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2021-01-12 05:40:31

Phew, that was hard to get through. Almost an hour of that shit. First off, the host. I like him, but damn, can't he get another way to do chats so his VO doesn't interrupt people while they're speaking. Even though I'm not a star wars fan, I did like that intro though.

The real issue though was Joe. I just... no. I wasn't a fan of him when the game first came out. he was waaaaaay too into himself and had this vibe like if you don't like what he's doing, then something's wrong with you.

This continued into the show. Getting to hear his voice even tells me that my initial impression of him was not wrong. Then he wants to say that he's been chased off these forums? Yeah OK. Maybe he got a bit of unnecessary flack, but most of what he got was because of his attitude. Which, if I might remind y'all, was horrible.

Then him and the host were at odds through a goodly portion of the episode. I get the sort of off the cuff thing doesn't give you a good way to go over what you're wanting to talk about and come up with a safe list of topics, but damn. Joe was just being a bit of a prick the entire time. It's a damn podcast, you're not supposed to be going back and forth. If you want to state opinions, fine, but when they differ too much, you just leave it. Unless of course that's your format, then yeah, OK, do that.

No, $5 is not a bad price, but giving it to him is like throwing it down the drain. Did you ear his responses? He was all over the place. He's supposed to be this company's CEO? He doesn't even know what the hell is going on without waffling and him-hawing.

I respect him for going as far as he has. The fact is, even if you don't like him, he did put together a game and publish it on an app store that is renowned for turning away things that don't fall nicely into their narrow topped bucket. I think his vision is a bit dreamy, and not well aligned with reality. But hey, if he's got 290 countries that are downloading the game and he's not bullshitting, then he does have a market share.

I hope he finds his stride and starts recovering and even profiting. I say this often, but I never want to see any of us failing, and even if I don't like what someone's doing, I still wish success for them. I just feel like my money and support is misplaced on him, so I won't be playing his games.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-12 06:30:25

Oh good god no, I refuse to waste my money enabling this man to ruin him self even more.

2021-01-12 06:32:26

I have no plans to play anything else released by this dev. As others have said he doesn't react well to negative feedback, or do anyhting to move his stuff in a more positive direction. I wish him the best, but really doubt this game will be any better than the last. Now I'll go play some audio defense.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2021-01-12 09:01:23

Nope, nope and nope. That thing was just an insult to everything Audio Defense ever was. I'd go play that now, if it wasn't such a pain finding the game and getting it to run on a new device.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-01-12 09:22:46

i  fiel like the people who still have the game could set up a  link on dropbox so we can get it as well. i  think dropbox also works on ios?

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-01-12 09:46:47

Everybody supporting this should be forced to type using Circus master's revenge virtual keyboard for a month.

2021-01-12 10:10:59

Yeah from everything I've herd, the first game was horrible.
I didn't get to play it since when that got released, my 5S didn't wanna run it, it just froze and started to heat up, so didn't try, but I probably will just to see what is the thing with it.
Won't pay 5 dollars though on the second one.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2021-01-12 10:51:35

@2: Agreed: This guy has got a real attitude problem.
@3: The game hasn't changed much. All the feedback wasn't really addressed.

For me, I think the game was an insult to Audio Defense and to audiogaming in general.

And because some people were talking about running Audio Defense on newer devices: Is there a way to run it without having to renew some kind of profile every week?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-01-12 12:28:55

the game is not availible anymor on the app store. you can only get it if someone shairs it to you.

― Frederic Chopin.

2021-01-12 13:37:11

Sleepy Joe!

2021-01-12 13:47:21

i wish one of the, experienced developers like liam can now, you know, we make audio defense, but i know legal problems, and he doesn't have time, and i get it, wish this game will be available in android, but this dream won't come true for me, but anyways, from what i've seen from the recordings of 2014, this game is a freaking legend, yo.

2021-01-12 13:48:10

and there, this guy named joe, wow, he jumped, i'm liam, the developer of several games, and his attitude is just playing bad, so no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. i don't have an iphone, even if i have one, i will not buy any game from him.

2021-01-12 13:48:45

only the exception when the developer truly changes, that is a fee changes entirely.

2021-01-12 13:57:58

@14: Wow, even they are ashamed of the game.
@15: Nice one!

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-01-12 15:33:16

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2021-01-12 16:54:32

@20: Um, what is that supposed to mean?

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-01-12 17:06:13

Sam Smith wrote:

i wish one of the, experienced developers like liam can now, you know, we make audio defense, but i know legal problems, and he doesn't have time, and i get it,

Well. Reading how people are reacting in this topic, I do understand if game developers just shake their heads and focus on other things than developing games.
No, I don't support Circus master revenge, but I have other things to do than saying negative crap about it. Guys, that's not motivating at all...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-01-12 17:17:48

@21, pretty sure that's a metaphor, could be wrong with the term though. Leave it to someone with more "word skills" to correct me.
But I'm with the consensus here: I won't be buying it at all. Also props to GrannyCheeseWheel for sitting through it.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2021-01-12 17:46:51

SLJ wrote:

Well. Reading how people are reacting in this topic, I do understand if game developers just shake their heads and focus on other things than developing games.
No, I don't support Circus master revenge, but I have other things to do than saying negative crap about it. Guys, that's not motivating at all...

So you're saying we should either just ignore him or say positive things. Ordinarily I'd agree with that, but it ain't gonna happen; this dev has too much negative baggage, baggage which he put on himself, to allow that.

If he really can produce a better game, I'm sure many of us will support him. But as it stands, his reputation is not so good. Perhaps if the dev had calmly said "I did my best, please stick with me here as I try to find ways to improve things," then this discussion wouldn't be happening. Instead we would be trying to motivate him. But he didn't do that. In fact, his responses to criticisms were defensive, perhaps inflammatory. One can't help but wonder how much he's tried his own game at times. And as stated before, he basically gave off the impression that if we weren't satisfied with his work, we were the problem. I don't know if he ever came out and said it, but he's definitely said things which weren't very nice to insinuate it or make excuses for it.

Eventually we seemingly "chased him off the forums." In reality, we told him we had issues with the game and his marketting strategy etc. and rather than be receptive, he ran away on his own accord. Maybe the heat chased him away, but nobody physically chased him and barred him from coming back, so far as I know. His account isn't banned or anything.

I'm sorry, but I can't look past that, even if he later comes along and promises an absolutely killer new game which will be just as good as the first game was bad. Nope, his reputation is still there, and it's going to take a lot of change to make me, at least, say anything to motivate him. He's at least going to have to admit he screwed up in the past and not act like a child when harsh disagreement comes up.

And look, I am all for motivating new and or aspiring devs. Heck, I have extra money, so I might try CMR 2. But my hopes are not high. I'm not saying that to kill motivation, I'm saying it because it's honestly how I feel. If I do try it, it'll only be for my own curiosity, and I fully suspect if I do buy it, I won't feel I got my money's worth.

And hey, I am in no way saying that joe is a bad person. I can tell he has some issues, maybe rage or wh knows what else? Maybe we just don't like his personality. And if these issues came out in milder form, I'd say yeah let's try to work with him a little more. But, there's a line where being naive and hoping it will just work out is hurting more than it helps. And I think we've pretty much unanimously reached that point with this dev. Some are willing to give him second and third chances, others are not. Either way, I can't blame anyone for being outright dismissive at this point, even if I personally end up taking a softer stance.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2021-01-12 17:51:22 (edited by George_Gaylord 2021-01-12 17:53:05)

@22, people like you are exactly the problem. You can't sit and wish for better games if you continue to enable the bullshit and not call out, "Developers", for their shit, and if people are jerks from what I'm gathering from this topic, then playing the kumbaya role isn't gonna do the trick. Different strokes for different folks.

Edit:

Seems like post 24 beat me to it as I was typing, but well said. totally agreed.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here