2021-01-11 13:41:29

Found this game yesterday while looking through new applevis apps.
It is an idle/incremental game where you are a young programmer trying to build an AI. From what I've played so far, it seems to be fully accessible. What I also find very interesting is that you can disable InApp purchases in the Settings of the app.

Description:
Perceptron is a new incremental game which is based around the idea of building and training a neural network. The concepts behind a neural network have been distilled to their essence in this idle simulation. Not to say the game is simple. Sure, it starts simple with only nodes, training, and data, but soon balloons into a complex idle game with prestige and upgrades. Not to mention offline support. Take on the role of a young undergraduate student as you become quite the idle tycoon. Soon you'll be rivaling even GPT-3. Perceptron is not just another idle clicker. It was designed around the idea of training a neural network and has taken inspiration from many neural network topics. Who knows, you might even end up learning something.

link:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/perceptro … 1537908817

2021-01-11 14:45:51

Hi. game is'nt in my style, but it's just ok.

meow meow.

2021-01-11 20:49:42

This is a really unique concept. Missing my iPhone now:(

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-01-11 21:26:20

O yee! when I finish doing some work I must check this out!

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2021-01-11 22:17:06

@3: I think this is also available for andriod, if you have one. I don't have a link to this, but if you google for "perceptron idle game" you will find it i think.

2021-01-12 09:45:07

Hi.
I also found the game yesterday, and I was thinking about posting about it here on the forum. smile
I started to play the game yesterday. It indeed seems really interesting.
The game requires a lot of patience and it's a very slow game, where you have wait for things to build up. It seems like lots of cool stuff unlocks when you have played the game for a while.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-01-12 10:04:38

I haven't found any purchasing options yet, wouldn't mind it for a boost.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-01-15 09:50:26

Hi.
I purchased the game by accident in the in-app purchase, so I'm now quite far in the game.
The only bad thing I have to say about the game is that the in-app purchase is way too easy to activate, and you get no warning at all. It just asked to confirm by touch ID which I tried to cancel. Later, I installed an other free app which also required touch ID. I didn't thought about that also activated the in-app purchase in the game.
You have to unlock the in-app purchase, which I also find weird. This will automatically unlock, and you'll be notified about it.
If you don't wanna buy the game, then you can watch adds to double boost for a few hours.
Sadly, I don't remember what I did to activate the in-app purchase, but I have to contact the developer about the issue that you don't have to confirm before you have to confirm by using touch ID.

Having said that, I'll highly recommend the game. You will unlock quite a lot, and things are really going to speed up.
You'll even unlock a research feature, which I find quite cool.
I look forward to play the game some more.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-01-15 15:08:47

congrats, you wasted money on idle clicker.

meow meow.

2021-01-15 23:14:17

I ascended for the second time but didn't get research points. I have no idea why?

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-01-16 00:10:30

so, is there a version of this game for android as well? would love to test it out.

2021-01-16 00:26:34

@11: try this
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … &gl=US

2021-01-16 20:36:05

@10, You only get research points with your first ensemble. You will eventually unlock research tasks which is your primary way of getting research points.

2021-01-25 13:55:38

Can anybody tell me how to get research upgrades? I have unlocked research tasks and have completed many, but my research points are shown nowhere and I can't find a place to spend them.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-01-26 14:50:46

Hi.
I find the game pretty complex even if I must play not in my native language.
Is there some help guide to get the kick off?
Thanks.

2021-01-26 20:59:49

you basically have 3 tabs: layers, backprop and data. you have to watch out for the percentage. it looks like this:
Current task: XXX (x%)
Model power: x, next retrain at y

Retraining means reset. In this case it means that you will get a new task which is more complex to solve.
You have to upgrade the current task by using the first two tabs: layers and backprop. each thing you can do here upgrades the task. When you have the required model power, you can retrain.

If you have any other questins you can reply here.

2021-02-03 07:33:51

Just trying this myself, I've completed some of the goals and have just unlocked computing and money.
I admit, I wasn't sure about this game, since the concept sounded a bit dry, though by the same token, universal paperclips  ended up being much more fun than I expected.

I'm liking so far, especially the different management and resource options and progressive unlocks to work towards, the story sequences, though not exactly gripping provide milestones too.

the only thing I do wish, is that there was a way to change the number formattting.
For a start, when you  get to over 100000 of anything, with the decimal points, Voiceover always reads them as one zero zero zero zero zero, with breaks in between.

Then, just to make it worse, when you get to an even larger amount, the numbers go into scientific notation with so many E so on.

I know the mathematical point to this, but when playing an incremental game, I'd much rather have the clarity and indeed the logic of real big numbers, since it means much more to have so many million or billion than just so many 1 e 2 e 4 etc.

usually in incremental games like trimps and rebuild the universe there is an option to change the numeric display at least to decide whether you want real numbers or the scientific ones, but I think perceptron is the first game I've ever seen that forces you to have the scientific numbers by default, unless I am missing something on the settings screen.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-02-03 08:42:02

research upgrades button should be there. If not try completing more of the storyline it'll get unlocked

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2021-02-03 09:51:54

I don't think I've unlocked research upgrades yet.

The settings screen has several things, like reviewing story tabs, and ability to show/hide the neural network (which I assume refers to the graphic), also a couple of things which refer to the creator's other games, but no way I could find to change display of numbers.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-02-04 11:11:05 (edited by targor 2021-02-04 11:12:58)

@18 If this post was ment for me, thanks. I've figured it out and I think it was a little bit stupid because you have to create one ensemble just to open up research upgrades.
@19 I must say I really like the scientific notation in this game, because it fits so well with the theme of the game.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.