2021-01-25 16:22:10

Maybe so, but given I can work with what I locally have, I could do up to 4 times the amount of sound design in the same timeframe.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-25 17:46:42

Where do you get the factor of four? I question the methods you used to derive this number.

2021-01-25 18:08:25

Well, it could be more or could be less, but it takes such a stupidly long time to come up with even one good sound, that to do an entire project, you'd be wasting months. searching.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-01-25 18:51:00

Well its obvious that you'll be able to be more productive with stuff you previously bought, however I'm sure if you had to go out and look for decent sound libs still paid you'd be bogged down, maybe not as much as if you'd be searching for free sounds, then editting them, however its plainly obvious that you'd spend more time searching than if you had things done for you

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-01-26 03:17:29 (edited by defender 2021-01-26 03:24:37)

So do the searching before hand and build up a collection with the resources in the dev room and on skies audio like I did?
That way you only need to search when you need specific stuff.  And yes, it is slower than having giant existing libraries, but oh well, many people are now using searchable online cloud libraries for paid stuff too.
And of course it's not going to be completely equal, it's free, but if it gets you 80% of the way their and you don't have the cash to blow on sounds, but you want to stay above board for legal or moral reasons than it's still 10 times better than it was 15 years ago.

I'm not sure if you're arguing just to argue, whether you think I'm feeding people BS to push my point (that's my guess based on previous experience), or that you just don't mind if everyone pirates and keeps using the same libraries, but I'm trying to do a good thing here by making our games more legit and unique sounding, and people are already lazy enough as it is, so please stop giving them more excuses to be shitty.  This is like the third time we've had this argument now LOL.
If it doesn't work for you, that's okay, but I've seen it work for others and I've done it my self.  Given the right process and experience level, it's fine for the majority of projects and doesn't slow down development in any major way.
Either way, this is the only safe and honest way to do things if you don't have money to spare, so whether or not it's efficient is irrelevant.

I mean if you want to compare and contrast privately, I'm happy to do it, but that's really an academic discussion that IMO doesn't belong here when we're talking about just trying to get people on board in the first place.  I'm not trying to spread misinformation, but I do want people to try it and make up their own minds about whether it's worth the extra work or not, and disproving common misconceptions is an important part of that.

2021-03-04 03:33:24

OK. this makes me so mad. I want the bloodstorm and rotu back. The reason I am not complaining about it is because, i had a virus, but i refomatted my pc to get rid of it. i could finally play games again. and sure enuff, someone desided to make rotu and bloodstorm go down. someone, didn't want me to play the games i most wanted to play. so Tunmi, please consitter putting up either bloodstorm or rotu, and maybe both.

hi. bye.

2021-03-04 04:23:46 (edited by rings2006 2021-03-04 04:24:11)

why, just, why are you reviving this topic. it should have stayed dead

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2021-03-04 04:57:09

Quite honestly, I really used to enjoy blood storm, but after Tunmi did some huge unbalancing stuff, *shutter,* it just became way to easy to kill people and to get killed. 5 time bombs, kaboom, everyone dies within 30 tiles.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalm 23 4

2021-03-04 05:31:10

really 156?

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-03-04 10:12:28

@156 A. why does everyone have ot revive this sort of thing.
B. i don't think he will just put it up just for ou because unfortunately you could never play them...

One of the lead developers of the Final Hour audio game, currently in beta.
https://finalhour.lowerelements.club

2021-03-04 11:15:52

I believe there's still a version with custom servers on Mohammad's sight, just in case you're dying to play it or whatever lol

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2021-03-04 12:19:30

rather then wining why this got revived or why did this became active again, Just don't post and that will be the end of it, You posting means that the topic will continue and continue, So just... Don't post.
About the version with servers, Not sure if it does exist in the site, But even if it did, It's super buggy and i would recommend you not giving your self the headache by using it.

2021-03-04 13:25:23

@Techboy, again another reason why you're so disliked. You brought back this old topic because what? The little techboy wants to play an old buggy thing that wasn't even that great? And, your entire post was complaining and bitching.

_____

2021-03-04 16:54:04 (edited by MatthewSmithYT 2021-03-04 17:02:28)

Just why.

I miss the game too, the old versions of it at least, but... That doesn't mean Tunmi will just put it back up for you. Quite entitled and rude of you in my opinion. You should be ashamed of yourself.
I get why you want to play it again, but asking for tunmi to put it back up just because you couldn't play it is just...
Surprisingly, they weren't canceled so you couldn't play them. We live in a cruel world you know, but Tunmi's not mean like that...
They were actually canceled because they got really buggy and broken and he wanted to move onto Golden Crayon anyways.

Edit:
What's the next old topic to get revived, ROTU again? Or Airpuck? I didn't get to play ROTU for very long on release date, so does that mean he should've re-released it just so I could get the experience of it on immediate release?

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-03-04 17:12:00

@MSYT this is techboy in a nutshell

_____

2021-03-04 17:13:25

yeah those are some kids that thinks that the world is all about them, Like what? The guy was like, Oh damn, I don't want techboy to play the games, Lets close it just because i don't want him to play it. Mu ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. No, I even dout that the guy knows you even like, At all. Lol.

2021-03-04 18:30:30

@65
Yes, I'm aware. This isn't my first time.
On ROTU the guy came online and took my spot I was at on the map, telling me to move so he could kill the undead from the area. I was like, I was here first, and he got really upset and ragequit.
@66
Yeah... That's why I was making it a point to say the following.
"Surprisingly, they weren't canceled so you couldn't play them. We live in a cruel world you know, but Tunmi's not mean like that..."

I guess this is a personal insult and I shouldn't really say this, And if the mods don't like it I'll take full responsibility and what not...
But when that guy grows up he's going to be a Male Karen.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-03-04 20:08:29

@156, Why did I bother reading that post? I will never get those seconds of my life back now.
And @167, I completely agree

2021-03-04 23:50:46

at 168, lol good one lol. and yeah i agree techboy, is, well what ever lol.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-03-05 04:15:15 (edited by Solus 2021-03-05 04:15:41)

@156, grow up

Sound designer and music producer.