2020-12-26 12:01:50

Hello!
I see this issue popping up among user more and more so I finally decided to create a special tread for that, where I just simply explain it..
Long story short: you use bGT for your games and chinese use Easy Programming Language for their games. BVoth of these languages are flagged as viruses because of their signatures.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-12-26 12:45:33

This really doesn't explain anything.
If someone who actually knows code and can read Chinese were to explain it, this would be allot more useful.

2020-12-26 13:22:39

more proof please?

2020-12-26 13:45:12

www.epl.eyuyan.com
Go to the link about "Vulcan development environment" and read the changelog.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2020-12-26 13:50:09

And, seriously, enough with the xenophobia guys. None of you bat an eyelid whenever this happens with BGT games, or hell, even certain python games since pyinstaller has had issues with this in the past. Just because something is Chinese doesn't automatically mean it's selling your precious American freedom to the Chinese Government.

2020-12-26 13:50:14

http://www.voldp.com/voldev.html

2020-12-26 13:50:55

@5, +1.
I would say more but I will refrain this time.

2020-12-26 14:12:06

I think I would play Chinese games more if 1, more effort was made to get them into english even if it was a Google translation, and 2, if there was a similar single automatically translation app for nvda like jgt. Japanese games check both boxes for me, and even non English speaking devs release their games in English, so its easy to get into. I don't hold any prejudice towards Chinese devs, and I suspect I'm not the only one, but just a little  it more effort into translation, even if its not that great would go a long way. I tried to play dream land on android a few years ago, but all the gear names were in Chinese so I didn't know what I was wearing, and all of the spoken dialog was in Chinese so I didnt know what was going on, and I really wanted to get into it too, because the story and setting were intriguing, so I waited for translations so I wouldn't miss out on anything, but it never came.

2020-12-26 17:09:16

5 because bgt has an explenation, these ones didnt had an explenation, at least so far
and as 8 said, the translation should be a think, at least some apps or features that makes the lives easyer

2020-12-26 17:14:35

At 5 well most of the people don't bat an eyelash, I actually do. That's the reason why I don't have any BGT games installed on my primary PC and if I do want to play a BGT game, which doesn't really happen anymore, I play them on a seperate PC not connected to my home network or a virtual machine.
So nope, no xenofobia in that regard.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-12-26 17:46:52

My antivirus does not flag E games anymore. I use Kaspersky Total Security, no exceptions added. I just forward every false positive to them.

2020-12-26 17:47:40

E has the same explanation as BGT. It stuff its whole runtime to the executables, making them very similar for AV software.

2020-12-26 18:08:04

Damn near any scripting language that handles the data like this does exactly the same thing, and even a self-signed certificate won't help matters. Autoit had the same problem. Just the nature of running an interpreter that handles data in this way. The solution? Antiviruses are for suckers. Anyone who is already mindful of what they download, has a sandbox for probing anything suspicious, and has strong deenses in their browser should not need an antivirus anyway, as they only make life more annoying. Protection that you are in control of is highly preferred.

2020-12-26 18:28:36

Yeah Jack, you are right, but tell me a good way to disable defender completely

2020-12-26 18:33:44

@8: Translation into English for Dreamland for skills at least has been implemented. Equipment names are still pronounced in Chinese; as I understand it, these are proper nouns so don't get translated into English. Unfortunately, the story is still untranslated, and I've given up hope that it ever will be. One would hope that the money that goes into the game would help with that, but as has been pointed out to me on more than one occasion, this is a game for Chinese players primarily; I guess their goals must have shifted somewhere along the way from an international to a primarily Chinese audience.

It would be nice if someone could put together an NVDA addon for Chinese; a hypothetical CGT, as it were. Not nearly as good as a properly translated dictionary, but better than what we have now.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-12-26 18:52:46

Why do we need that? There are plenty of translators like q-translate around which do the job just fine. And most of the chinese games require installation of too much extra stuff like old microsoft VC redistributables, which is probably why they give so much flac. And the online games and their microtransactions... well, that's just the nature of a massively multiplayer game no matter which country it comes from. There have been Chinese games that re fantastic. Unfortunately again, many developers are less open to having their ames translated which is unfortunate. Chinese developers are also harder to reach because not everyone has QQ or wechat. But seeing Chinese games is something that makes me hapy when they work... lol.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-12-26 19:48:15

@Assault: About translators, point taken. It just requires a bit of searching to find the right one. Besides, if wishes were horses there wouldn't be any room  on the planet for Homo sapiens smile Having a translator  that doesn't require too much work to set up is always nice, though. That's the beauty of JGT, Yandex translate and the other translation  addons; the ones people prefer are generally install and play. Having game information read back with no extra steps needed than to enable the translation feature is nice. I don't actually mind paying for game content; if I can't pay that's on me, not the game developers. Sorry if that was the message I was sending.

@Nuno:  I like what you're doing, promoting these games. Sure, you might  take some heat from people who think you're overpromoting, but many of these developers would never have their audiogames show up to western players without promotion. And the audiogames space is a pretty tiny one.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

2020-12-26 20:17:04

At Assault sure, wee have a bunch of translaters around, but wouldn't it be nice to have an NVDA addon and basically have screen reader, OCR and translation capabilitys in one place. It would be one program less to install and could lower the barier to chinese or games in other languages generally.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-12-26 20:46:54

@nuno, win aero tweeker.

2020-12-26 21:01:55

@18 yes, it would. The problem with that is that every game outputs speech differently... the only thing that would work universally is for NVDA to have an addon that can both translate content of the clipboard automaticall as it's copied as well as translating NVDA's direct output. And oone has seen fit to make that yet. lol But yes, it would be good to have something like what you're mentioning.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-12-26 21:09:44

Nah @19, it wont kill it completely

2020-12-26 23:03:15

Just disable everything. Real-time and web protection especially.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-12-26 23:11:47 (edited by defender 2020-12-26 23:13:33)

@haily_merry
I don't trust the USA either, but they've proven to be far less interested in getting information which is not directly related to defense from average consumers via spyware than China has.  The CCP has their hooks in absolutely everything internet related and it's well known at this point.
If you want to call that xenophobia I can't stop you, but that excuse doesn't fly with me for any other countries either, from Israel to Turkey, and I think that a country willing to publicly use AI to identify the same minorities they recently put in "reeducation" camps is a bit more so.

It also comes down to the fact that this is unknown software that I'm being asked to make an exception for by default, and that's bad enough with BGT games.  At least I know which developers to trust with those...  I have no idea here because of the huge language barrier.

Sometimes the truth is a bit racist.  Oh well, humans gonna human...  On both sides.

2020-12-27 00:03:55

Even to go as far as calling it xenophobia isn't a problem for me, fine, I admit that I am probably xenophobic towards China. Most definitely their government. Less so the general citizenry. However, given that some of them believe in what their government is doing is not good. China is a huge force to be reckoned with. Their population is immense, and given how much the CCP has its hooks into everything, yes, I damn well want to take caution when dealing with this sort of thing.

There's a line though. If I were to say something like fuck china, brainwashed cunts is all they are, that's a little different than exercising caution over who gets access to my data... or at least, who could potentially get access.

I can appreciate that there are good things coming from China, as this game seems to be while still expressing a certain wariness for taking part in them for fear of something happening to me or my data. I'm also not claiming that it's a certainty either.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-12-27 00:19:50

I'm pretty sure that claiming that the Chinese government is a less than ethical body doesn't count as xenophobia; if it does then those brave souls in China who attempted to rebel against the system would definitely qualify. While I can't say that Chinese people as a whole hold such and such an attitude, I can say that the ones I have met seem to be quite nice people, so xenophobia towards Chinese people as a whole is definitely not called for. As for fearing what the Chinese government  might do with data they collect, that seems like a reasonable fear; after all, red flags of paranoia go up if the freedom-loving American companies like Apple and Google do the same. That being said? I'm not going to stress out about what happens to whatever data they manage to acquire because in the end, the world runs on consumer data now.

Guy Gavriel Kay