2020-12-16 06:23:45

Be careful with things like eloquence and decktalk on android, I tried eloquence and found it clipped quite a lot so had to get rid of it and wouldn't be surprised if decktalk did the same thing.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-12-16 11:35:46

Hi everyone.
Thanks all for your answers, they made my head sit down for quite a bit of time. I'd say what's happening to me now.
My workflow is quite slow with my j6+, especially when writing messages to people. I mean, yeah, the google keyboard improved a freaking lot, but I do not know if it is my talkback or whatever, it keeps going slow, especially if I have 200 or more messages on a chat, lets say on WhatsApp.
Also, the main reason, the compatibility. My phone keeps refusing to link with my Mac, and it is quite nasty, because I do use the phone to record instruments, ambiences, sounds, footsteps and all that jazz. But if they do not link, I was forced to use one drive, and the process of uploading stuff from my phone, then turning the damned Mac on, opening one drive and downloading something like 30 Gb or such, is quite a pain.
About the stereo microphones on the iPhones, really? Oh my gosh. I mean, if the microphones on the iPhone are so freaking great, I do not imagine how does it feel when recording stereo with the thing. It makes me want it to buy it even more.
And one last thing, this is about giving the phone to my mama. How do I delete all my stuff from the thing? I don't want to restore it, because it will fell down to android 8 and my mom hates that particular version, I don't know why. I only want my data to be deleted from it, my account unlinked, my apps uninstall and to give my mama a fresh phone with all the things working.
Thanks a lot, I'll tell you guys my decision next time I come in.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2020-12-16 12:11:38

If you go to settings, accounts, unlink everything from there, then do a factorry reset, still from settings you will be fine, it won't go to android 8, it will stay on 10 or what ever you have now.
Warning, don't reset a phone without unlinking the accounts first since it could become Google locked and or Samsung locked and believe me, you don't want that.
Another thing is, I can't record in stereo with my XR, no matter what I do so yeah, that is that.
And another thing that might just be me, but on almost all of my old iPhones, except the 3gs, the one or more of the mics failed on me, not on this one thank God, but I won't hold my hopes up.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2020-12-16 12:21:11

Rofl i still want to know where I can get dectalk. Not on the play store I assume?

2020-12-16 13:14:33

Honnestly, I don't think this actually exists, probably it was just an example for the fact that you can get more sinthesizers on android than ios, but believe me, I searched for it a lot.
I also searched for the old vocalizer for android, the dirrect one, not expressive, but that will probably remain just a dream.

2020-12-16 13:46:04

just going to say one thing
if you bot a iphone, Or ipad, Whatever it was from apple? Want to be safe? Want your phone to not start going like crazy and dies vary fast? Ok, That's easy, Just don't ever update, Boom, There you go, Tried it my self, I had a iphone 8+ running on IOS 11.3.1 and i don't think about switching only in like, 2023 or something, Because it runs like a missile.

2020-12-16 15:00:54

31, bad, bad idea. Security updates do happen for a reason, you know. If IOS is such a shit pile that people like you are scared even to update it, well...
That's the 1 thing about android. If there's an update, you can bet it's for a good reason. I've never in my entire time of using it regretted an android update, nor have I felt the need to use an older version because of google's bad decisions.
Oh and, say what you'd like about supernova, but they include *both* versions of vocalizer. A shame we can't get them on android, though.

2020-12-16 20:48:37

It just depends what you're looking for. My mom and I both have the iPhone X and both phones have been paid off. The phone still runs good, and I don't plan to upgrade any time soon. When I upgrade, it will either be because Apple stops offering software updates or the phone breaks to the point where it would just be cheaper to get a new one. Anyways, if you want more customization, stick with Droid, and if you want all of your devices to be more connected, get iPhone

2020-12-18 13:17:43

Hi again.
Thanks for that last recommendation. I am still working on buying myself the iPhone thingy, but yeah.
And thanks for telling me how to delete my stuff from the thing, it will help quite a lot in order for me to give my mom a fresh phone so she can work better.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2020-12-25 13:27:39

Hi.
My iPhone is arriving in January. Do you guys recommend me any apps to work with the thing?
I use voice dream to read books, text editor to write stuff on the phone, the samsung recorder to obviously record myself or ambiances, footsteps and all that fancy stuff, Spotify to listen to music and podcasts, YouTube, account to play with random bots or chat with them, the AI Dungeon thing to play and create adventures and worlds and all that jazz, and some apps that do sound and work like synthesizers or just noise makers. All of that on android. Do they have similar apps on the App Store? I guess that was what it's called.
Thanks and best regards.

Take care.
Mike.

2020-12-25 23:57:51 (edited by omer 2020-12-25 23:59:48)

35, yes
31, just, no my dude, yes apple tends to slow devices, secretly or openly who knows, but the security upgrades could be important
there used to be a bug in, ios 12 or 11 i believe that you could crash phones with a message for example

2020-12-26 15:32:52

Hi. I did it.
I switched to Iphone and it's worth it.
I'll never switch to android again smile

meow meow.

2020-12-26 15:47:39

it all depends on you, my friend, if you want to go with it, if you don't don't switch, i cannot say anything, both have their own advantages and disadvantages in other things.

2021-01-28 13:30:48

Hi again.
OK, the phone has been officially bought. One question, how do I activate VoiceOver without visual assistance on the iPhone as I did with the Mac? Is there a way?
Thanks a lot and sorry for reviving this old topic, I spent a lot of my time searching on more than 5 pages lol.

Take care.
Mike.

2021-01-28 14:07:46

it depends you, iphone have voice over, on android, talk back not that good as a screen reader.,
i personly love android device, because i can install what i want  if i have the install package, and maybe root for super  user action.

2021-01-28 14:17:20

You have to triple click the home button if you are on the SE 2020 and the other new iPhones, you triple click the power button.

2021-01-28 14:17:39

so.
if your iPhone is homeless, I mean if it doesn't has home button, you should press side button, or power button how you want to name it three times.
If your iphone does have home button, then repeat same thing, but on home not on power key.
Hope you'll understand it.

Yours kindly

2021-01-28 14:20:40

It depends on which phone have you bought. If it is an iPhone with a home button, then tripple press it to activate Voiceover. If it isn't a phone with a home button, than tripple press the side/power button.
The transition is absolutely worth it from my perspective. I bought an iPhone 12 Pro and I was using it to scan a page with the document feature of Seeing AI. I was truly surprised to find that the page had been perfectly scanned and I found no mistakes in the converted text. I was also staying at home one day and taking pictures of my family on my own. I showed then the pictures to my sister-in-law and she said most of the pictures were perfectly focused. I was really surprised at how well could I work with the camera of my phone.

2021-01-28 19:40:01

@40 TB has gotten a lot better with android 11

2021-01-29 10:19:03

I just wish samsung could speed up there update processes... I really want to see what's new in android 11 with talkback...
Could some one please post a recording on what's new in android 11 with talkback?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2021-01-29 18:16:24

@45 I too am waiting for Motorola to push an update for my phone. They should have it out in a month or two

2021-01-29 19:55:21

Hi again.
Yeah, I've bought the iPhone 12. It's the side button then, right?
Speaking about the camera, how do you know how to take pictures of yourself or of someone else? It's great to know that.
I'm still waiting for the phone. I'll share a recording with you guys if I can, to see how the thing goes on.

Take care.
Mike.

2021-01-29 20:25:06

yeah, about the camera thing, I think it's kind of universal, I am on android and still can't quite figure it out.

2021-02-01 10:46:16

Hi.
What do you mean by, universal? I've tried it on my android as well and still can't figure it out as well. Lets see if I have some more luck with the iPhone.

Take care.
Mike.

2021-02-01 10:47:07

and sorry for double posting, but the forum is acting strangely to me. I hit reply one time and it failed. I hit back on my Mac and tried again and this time it worked.

Take care.
Mike.