2021-01-12 04:54:01

Thanks for that info.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-01-15 00:16:53

Wow, that truck level is hard as heck! I can't seem to get past it with out dying. Doesn't  she have a faster way of healing besides the not getting hurt for 15 seconds? I've gotr my defense  jup to about 18 but my attack is 17 and the guns don't really cause my attack level to go up, and the running jump kicks don't seem to make differences either. Can we see how much we have to go before raising her level maybe? Also, I forgot to say this in my podcast, but the logo needs a way to be able to be passed. It's a bit long ish to me, but now i"m just being a nit pick. I will get past level 1.3 at some point.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2021-01-15 16:21:39

Please give me this game's link at my e-mail address [email protected]

2021-01-15 17:32:22

@Keshav
Why can't you use the link in the first post.

2021-01-15 18:08:09

@PhantomCreations I sent you a PM

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2021-01-15 21:51:08

Hey ya'll,
Lauren here. Many apologies for not responding to this topic sooner.
@TheBlindSaiyan, I've just responded to your private message.
Phantom is finishing setup on the discord server, and I have just finished polishing up a couple documents in the soon to be shared folder.
As of now, there has been no development made on the game since we last posted.
To all backers, be on the lookout for a survey in your inbox in the coming weeks. It is important to provide us with accurate information so your rewards can be fulfilled as quickly as possible.
To all testing branch members, please make sure you have dropbox and discord installed. After you fill out the survey, your email address on file will be where we send your invites.
The latter statement goes for all 7 backers who purchased the game's soundtrack. All of you will also receive a survey. The email you provide is where we will send the soundtrack and updates for additions.
Take care,
Lauren, The Phantom Creations Team.

---
Email through the forum is welcome. Twitter: @phCrafting website: www.phantomcrafting.com
---

2021-01-15 22:25:56

@PhantomCreations Cool, have received and replied smile

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2021-01-16 01:00:48

@phantom, question. will the soundtrack be available to purchase on the game's release?

I love audio games.

2021-01-17 20:43:03

where is the link, iteites?

hi. bye.

2021-01-17 21:39:56

@techboy
LOL Were you trying to say idiots?  Because you spelled it horribly, horribly wrong.

2021-01-18 05:25:53

Hello,
@sethgamer, unless something goes horribly wrong, yes, we are expecting to have the soundtrack available for purchase.
Lauren has put it into my mind to include some iconic sounds from the game, and I might just take her up on that. There are none currently as of now.
Kind regards,
The Phantom Creations Team.

---
Email through the forum is welcome. Twitter: @phCrafting website: www.phantomcrafting.com
---

2021-01-18 16:35:01

@phantom, cool!

I love audio games.

2021-01-27 20:29:05

Sorry, I can't complete level 3.2!  Once I climb the ladder there is only an infinite void, even jumping with the running momentum I always end up falling and dying.  Even when exploring with the camera, you see nothing but emptiness, there are no platforms to land on.  How can I complete the level without crashing and dying?  Thanks...

2021-01-27 21:12:07

which ladder do you mean? there are many ladders in there

game is my life, but life is not a game

2021-01-27 23:06:34

Hey fantom, so the tital says shcarlit shells demo 1. or something like that.
what's that supposed to mean, is there going to be an other?

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-01-28 09:30:07

It should be the first scale of 3.2.  After that there is only emptiness, there are no platforms on which to land so any jump plunges into the void.

2021-01-28 10:54:20

I apologize it was not the first staircase where the drone is, the second, before the great void.

2021-01-30 16:39:08

hi. can someone tell me how to complete 2.3.
I can deal with the soldiers and drones for some time but then I die.
can you tell me a good way to stei alive?

2021-02-13 11:26:51

Hey all,
I heard about this game from a friend, and decided to check it out! I'm not really familiar with typical beat-em-up stuff, so this is kind of new to me. Therefore, I can't comment a lot on whether the game's way of doing things is good or bad, at least not in comparison to how quality classic beat-em-ups work.

It took me a while to figure out how the partial invincibility and the throwing enemies across the screen thing worked, but now I get it. The latter is especially fun, and the fact that both can level your stats does make for some strategy in fairly safe areas when enemies are around. Getting invincible and then throwing enemies around during the invincibility state is a blast lol

Something I'm not 100 percent sure I understand is the rage meter and the partial invincibility. The invincibility is awesome, but I'm not sure if it ties into the rage meter at all. I guess my question is, what exactly is the rage meter? Is it just a way of measuring how close you are to invincibility, or is it something else?

At first, I had this idea that while the invincibility came fairly quickly, the rage meter built up more slowly somehow, but yeah... I'm a tiny bit confused, but I think I'm overthinking it. I often do that.

I'm afraid I can also join the stuck at 1.3 club.  I'm trying to use my PMC44, because I collected it in level 1 (that momentum mechanic is quirky but really fun to work with). Maybe the PMC44 isn't a good weapon choice; there are other weapons in the level I know, but the readme says that the PMC44 can work well though it is risky. The mg anyway is pretty awesome, but doesn't seem to give you enough ammo to get the job done... and when I'm dealing with hoards of dangerous enemies, worrying about the differences in weapons without having a chance to get a feel for them is quite hard to do. Not complaining, just a bit frustrated that it's so hard to come up with a fullproof strategy.

The strategy I'm trying right now is to stand very close to the left truck, then become invincible, then when I see that the gunners are closing in, I switch to my sidearm. This works for a while... but then I run into one of two problems: I have to reload which leaves me very vulnerable, or I can't find an enemy to keep the invincibility up. In either case, it wears off at the worst of times, and I end up getting smashed and not knowing what to do about it, other than spray and prey, then I get caught reloading anyway. So even if I do get into a sort of rhythm (which I only manage about 1/3 of the time), I still end up having to break out of it for various reasons and getting pulverized in the process. I'm going into this with roughly 40 attack and defense, so I don't think that's necessarily the problem.

I'm not sure if the key to staying alive is to totally cheese the invincibility and don't let it wear off under any circumstances. I tried that, and sometimes it does work for a while, but again as soon as that rhythm gets thrown off (and it always does), I'm like a deer in headlights not knowing what to do other than spray and prey.

I feel like there is a way, and I've read this thread from front to back and got some interesting ideas, but yeah. Something in my brain just isn't clicking in a way that makes me think I can make this work. And then I have to go to level 1.2 if I die. I mean I can see why to a point... if the game saved at 1.3, the lives or chances or whatever they are would be pretty pointless as you could always just continue from the main menu after you failed.

I'm really excited to play more of this game, but I am dreading it too. People who struggled with 1.3 are having even more trouble later on, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle it. Then again, I say that about a lot of games, and end up progressing much farther than I initially thought I could, so I'm hoping this won't be any different. Once I get an instinctive feel for how to react to situations in a game, I'm normally okay, but it is such an elusive thing for me to develop.

In any case, I'm super glad the kickstarter goal was reached! I look forward to playing this in the future, but I'll be even more stoked after I beat the demo, that way I'll actually have my sights on new content when the full version comes out lol

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2021-02-14 00:33:42

So there's gi's coming out of both trucks, just sit on the left truck and get invinsable and then go down coming from the other truck. and they can't hit you. and sometimes they drop weapon like the shotgun. i can't remember what it was called. but it was pritty cool. that's how i did it, and just keep doing it.

― Frederic Chopin.

2021-02-14 12:20:36

Nice, I finally made it past level 1.3. I finally realized that standing on the trucks is indeed the way to go, because the enemies can't hurt you while you're above the ground. I stay near the left truck for most of the fight since the guys on that side aren't as dangerous.

While I feared 2.3, I found it was indeed a joke if you get the right weapon. That said, things can still screw you up bad there, so I'm almost scared to try it with a weaker weapon.

I love how at the beginning of 3.1, they let you keep your equipment, not as an act of mercy or anything, but to make an example, to show you that no matter what you have, they don't think you'll make it out. cocky for sure, but it's a good excuse to let me keep my stuff, and the line does feel epic in my little brain.

The wheel is pretty neat; spinning in slow circles is quite fun, and the grinding of gears is eerily relaxing, though I imagine the sensation of being in that thing for too long would make one dizzy. They certainly take some getting used to, just as everything in this game does, but if new mechanics continue to be introduced at this rate, I wonder what will come next. I mean, there may be less new stuff as the game goes on since there's only so much you can do, but getting excited to see what will eventually come of it isn't a bad thing.

Believe it or not I'm on 3.2, and am just taking a break; I fully intend to come back and finish it, but man that platforming is tough! I should probably start over so I can get more continues or something. Totally dreading 3.3.

2021-02-15 11:21:51

Dang, I beat the demo. Level 3.3 was quite a tricky one! I really do hope the explosion still can't get you while that door opening sound plays as you go through. That would suck if it could, but judging how evil the game has been, it wouldn't surprise me either way at this point.

The unlocking of difficulty levels is quite an interesting one! I'll have to mess with that later.

2021-02-15 13:28:40 (edited by ficho 2021-02-15 13:51:44)

edit.
I completed it.
what's the best way to complete 2.3?

2021-02-15 23:02:21 (edited by musicalman 2021-02-15 23:02:40)

I know you said you completed it, but here is my strategy in case anyone needs it:
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
If you get the weapon in 2.2, it's almost too easy to complete 2.3.
I usually stay put at position 100 and shoot the soldiers as they come. When the drones come, I either just take the damage, or try to get away. Then again, I can usually get my defense to around 45 before I reach that point (the last time I played I had 60 defense), so I guess that helps.

I guess approaching the turrets and jumping a lot is an effective strategy to avoid most of their gunfire, and I think the cut scene says you might be able to lure the soldiers into the turrets and kill them that way, but I've never tried that.

2021-02-15 23:27:46 (edited by ficho 2021-02-15 23:29:35)

I have completed the game now and I love 3.3.
I will trai it on the hire difficulty.
can't wait for it to be released.