2021-03-28 06:11:04

You reach the end of the street, and it runs off into a huge forest. A forest full of mobsters. You settle your knife in your hand and begin the charge.
Most likely, I run out this level with a sword, this information is not relevant

2021-03-29 06:54:05

lmao, @251, knife, sword, same thing. I suppose I could change it to weapon.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2021-03-29 10:36:06

Well, how to make a Wall, I want to complete my house

2021-03-29 16:39:39

@masonasons, I dono how you store stuff in code, but you could potentially make it dynamic, adjusting to what the player has equipped. This would only work if you maintain state across levels, though.
@windows, there should be a guide in the main directory for building levels, I think it is called making custom levels, though don't quote me on it. Why won't you try and read it first? If it doesn't mention anything about walls, perhaps you can't make them because this game wasn't intended to be an exploration simulator? You have Golden Crayon and Scrolling Battles Your World for this.
Also, what's up with people making their houses on every building game?

2021-03-30 09:04:47

I do not do my house, just a house. There are no enemies in SBYW, and I do not play games from Tunmi and Hamad principled. at level 6 and at level 4 there is  walls. at level 9 too

2021-10-15 02:39:15

Hey guys,

Small update here that fixes a couple of crashes. See post one for the link.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!

2022-10-27 07:04:59

Hi guys,

A new version of CrimeHunter, 2.43, has been posted for Windows!

This version was mainly just compiled to test a new build system, as I'm hoping to get back into developing all of my existing projects, regardless of programming language, so this is a good starting point. Nevertheless, it does fix a single bug in which if you were to press space in the objects viewer, your game would go bye bye!

Try this build out and let me know how you get on with it and what bugs you find. Enjoy!

2022-10-27 07:14:47

if you just downloaded this and are missing a readme or changelog, download again. My bad!

2023-03-30 06:19:38

Heya guys

so after a long procrastination period, I've finally got my new website up! The link for CH has been updated and a small patch has been posted getting CH up to date and working with the new site. The latest version of CH is also available on my old website as well, for backwards compatibility and for broader reach.

2023-04-27 05:40:11

A few of you have sent me messages or posted in a few of my topics asking why my games don't work on Windows 7?

I deeply sympathize with people who are stuck on Windows 7, and I've got a little something for you.

This is Crime Hunter 1.6. Now just here me out. This version runs on all the way down to Windows XP, and has a few additions to bring it up near feature parody with CrimeHunter 2. The things that are and will remain to be missing from CrimeHunter 1, are custom levels, scoreboard, autopilot, and battlefield. I've added a lot of the stuff from CH2's endless mode to CH1, while leaving the things that were cool about CH1 in. Oh, and it's completely free. Want to try it out?

https://brynify.me/legacy/CHBGTVersion1 … eHunter.7z

2023-05-27 20:58:27 (edited by Brynify 2023-05-27 20:59:11)

Crime Hunter is now on Itch! If you've seen Ilya's topic in General Game Discussion, then this is probably verbatim, but I'm going to post a changelog since 2.45 here for you all to see.

New in 2.54
Fixes a bug reported by the great and incredible Brandon Cole where if you fall a large distance, you will become indefinitely stunned when you respawn from dying.

New in 2.53
Fixes a traceback with auto endless mode happening when the enemy spends as many points as he can and has nothing else in his logic check to spend points on. Now, he spends random points after that point.
More changes to auto endless bank extractification!
Introduces new AI speeds!
The AI can now save up points and buy the bomb, grenade and force field invincibilities.

New in 2.52
Tweaks to Auto Endless mode and using banked points.

New in 2.51
Now, if the scoreboard is empty and you try to view it, you are now told there are no scores to view rather than just unserimoniously being dumped back into the menu.
More code cleanup! Woo hoo, isn't it great?
Thanks to Alex Hall, the menu item that mentions how many times the game has been run has been updated to say run and not ran.
Well well, what do we have here? The first new feature in Crime Hunter in over two years? What is this feature you ask? Well, the AI in auto endless mode now has the ability to optionally automatically spend their points in the way they see fit to keep themselves alive! Maybe you could watch and learn from them? Hmm!

New in 2.5
Hello, and welcome to the first major new version of Crime Hunter in a few years! Here's what's new in this release.
This version of Crime Hunter is exclusively available through itch.io! Changes have been made to the codebase to make it more compatible for distribution through the platform. The entire game is now available through one purchase, and there is no more need for a registration name and key! Upon downloading this new version, you will be asked for your name you want to use for creating custom levels and posting on the scoreboard. You will not be able to change this name, so choose one you'd like to keep!
The readme has been updated accordingly to both list my Itch URL and to remove info about the no longer existent paid mode.

https://brynify.itch.io/ch2

2023-05-27 22:17:28

Nice! Well I already knew this because an email was sent to all who bought the game but it's cool. Oh god how much of a nightmare it would have been to find out my reg key I got like a year and a bit ago

long live microsoft edge

2023-05-27 22:45:45

Yep, luckily itch made it very easy for me to do exactly that, provide free download keys to everyone who already bought the game. smile

2023-05-28 20:39:35

Hey
I think I may grab this game. But what is the auto endless mode? Is it like basically watching the AI playing the endless mode?

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2023-05-29 02:27:43

@264 correct! That's exactly what it is!

2023-05-29 10:22:59

Hi.
Sounds fun. I'll purchase the game to check it out, and to support the great work you are doing. Congrats for having the game on Itch.
Maybe you should mention in the description on Itch that it's an audiogame for blind people with no graphics. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2023-05-29 10:42:51

Hi.
I've just bought the game. There is a bug in the mac version, which result in the game can't be opened.
I get the following error while trying to open the game, which I'll translate to English:
This app is not supported on this Mac.
I'm glad I have a virtual Windows running. Time to check out the Windows version of the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2023-05-29 19:35:41

Thinking about picking this up, but wondering if the story is well thought out or not?

Sound designer and music producer.

2023-05-29 19:40:59

Don’t get it for the sake of the story, which almost doesn’t exist.

2023-05-29 21:16:16

Lol yeah, I'd have to agree with 269. The story is pretty shit lol.

Also @SLJ, the game only runs on apple silicon macs, and is currently not signed. Trying to save up for a dev account, but in the meantime you may have to run a terminal command which is described in the setup instructions.

2023-05-30 03:14:29

There should be something to stop you from wasting the potions. Sometimes I dumbly pressing enter on the potions while the character is fully healed.

2023-05-30 03:55:29

Hahaha, that's up to your discretion when and when not to use your potions.

2023-05-30 11:47:07

Hi.
I found a bug.
So you know that falling bug Brandon Cole reported? Well it is the same for walls when I bang into a wall I'm stunned.

long live microsoft edge

2023-05-30 13:06:48

I am using an Apple Silicon machine, and am sorry to have to report that the latest mac version does not work for me. When attempting to launch the application, I receive the following error: "CH is damaged and can't be opened. You must move it to the bin".

2023-05-31 00:07:07

Have you followed the download instructions, and particularly ran the terminal command?