2020-12-29 06:19:02

wow the memories! Little cup was hard on stadium two but I hated prime cup sense the pokemon and their move sets were randomized. So say you gat a charzard or something each time you played that cup it could have different moves. Actually i can't remember if you could get charzard but I think so. I successfully use a emulated version of the transfer pack with the project 64 but can't remember how. I will tell you though that one of the hiccups I found was that when you, say, play pokemon crystal and then go to stadium you had to i think put the battery file in the folder with stadium two rom i think. It then had to be replaced each time you wanted to play stadium two with a new set of pokemon you wanted to try out. This makes more sense if you have tried but basically i mean you can't simply run crystal again, change out your party, save, and then simply reload stadium. You have to copy the battery file in the gameboy folder and replace it in the stadium folder, again its been a while so maybe some things have changed.

2020-12-29 15:48:58

You're talking about challenge cup, not prime cup. Challenge Cup was the trickiest, since before entering the first battle there was no easy way to tell which pokemon had which moves, so you'd kind of end up hitting buttons and hoping you won the first fight. The good news is that the enemy teams are likewise random, and they're never world-class sets. For instance, in round 2 when I beat challenge cup, the last trainer had an Espeon with PsyBeam, Zap Cannon, Bite and Sand Attack. I mean, not awful or anything, but perfectly doable. I wrecked it with Houndoom, which had Crunch, Flamethrower, Rock Smash and Sunny Day.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-12-31 00:45:21

Hey guys, how to get to Witney in the pokemon gold sinnoh version? The gym is full of ice, which is weird for a normal gym.

pika-san, a pokemon fan! skype: luigimax127
Discord: luigimax127#5490
Pokemon show down username: pika127

2020-12-31 03:14:36

Uh, you do know that if you ask for help with a rom hack, and that rom hack changes things around, the likelihood that a blind person is going to be able to steer you right is...pretty low, right? Would be kind of like me coming into this thread and asking, "How do I beat the Sky Pillar in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire?", but worse because at least with alpha sapphire I could go look up a text walkthrough, but for sinnoh gold or whatever, those walkthroughs are far fewer and farther between.

2020-12-31 04:51:08

Hi! I have some questions. In pokemon yellow, on route 11, can i get the itemfinder? And the script says there are two items on the route south of pewter city, but when i try using the pathfinder, i get no path. Can i reach those items? I like the scripts a lot. I am on my way to board ss anne or how you spell it.

2020-12-31 05:08:29

Play through the game further. The short answer is that if you haven't gotten to the S.S. Anne yet, you're not equipped to get any of that stuff, except -maybe the item finder. The route between Veridian and Pewter is interesting, because once you have the HM for Cut, you can bypass the forest entirely; the reason you can't find those items is because you can't cut yet, which means you can't get to that side part of the route. As far as the item finder, it's in a house on route 11 I believe; one of Prof Oak's aides will give it to you once you've caught 30 or more pokemon.

2020-12-31 11:53:46 (edited by Computergamer 2020-12-31 12:13:32)

What house is that on route 11 that i can get itemfinder? Is it the route 11 gate house? That is the only house i get up with the script. The guide i was reading on gamefaq talked about going upstairs there, but i do not see any stairs.Ok, i will keep on playing then. I figured as much that i needed Cut. Which pokemon should i use for cut? I have Ivysaur in my party and caught both Oddish and Bellsprout. Another question, can i not reach the day care center because of cut? I can seeit on the map, but no path to it.

2020-12-31 13:11:33

Also, i can not access the day care yet. Is this also because i do not have cut? And what pokemon should i teach cut? I currently have Ivysaur in my party and i recently caught Oddish and Bellsprout. I wonder if we need flash since the script can help us through the dark areas.

2020-12-31 14:35:48

Ugh, no. You do not need Flash. Flash is, at this point in time, 100% useless to us.
And as for what you teach Cut to? It doesn't matter. Cut is a bad move, so stick it on something that's going to be on your team but which can spare the moveslot. You...really don't need three grass types on your team though, just sayin'.
Route 11 is also blocked by Snorlax, so it's possible that the item finder is beyond Snorlax, which means come back later.

2020-12-31 15:20:19

Snorlax is after the first team rocket hide out i suppose.

2020-12-31 15:48:56

Spoiler post!

Locations of Snorlax in generation 1:
Road 12 near the entrance to road 11, prevents access to Lavender without passing the rock thunnel.
Road 16- blocks the cycling road entrance.

2020-12-31 16:33:11

Ah, ok. I will keep the itemfinder in mind. Maybe i get some clue if i let prof. oak evaluate my pokedex. But i can only see the route 11 gate. I am unsure if it is past Snorlax since i will be at route 12. I will keep playing.

2020-12-31 20:08:06

Yeah, just keep at it. For future reference though, looking up walkthroughs of these games on GameFAQs or something would do you a world of good. They're mainstream games, and the walkthroughs for them are surprisingly good. They're also more than twenty years old, so it's not like they're new and incomplete and nobody really knows what's going on. These games have literally been taken apart and redesigned by certain people; I don't think there is anything about these first generations that isn't widely known.

2021-01-01 03:08:58

Yeah, i actually use a guide on gamefaq. I found a guide there in html format that is quite good.

2021-01-02 05:48:25

So i just beat the electric gym. I have started noticing some problems with gen 1 games. Firstly, the item limit is very low and all items are stored in the same pocket which makes no sense. Secondly, the items you can carry are 20, which is tricky to manage when you carry regular items, key items, tms and hms in the same pocket. Lastly, why do i have to go into my pokemon menu and select a hm move each time i have to use one? That is really annonying.

2021-01-02 11:58:59

Hi guys.
I am very glad to play Pokémon games, but I have a question. In Pokémon Crystal, how can i change radio music to wake up Snorlax?
Thanks!

2021-01-02 13:02:02

How is the script development so far? Can it handle more than gb pokemons now?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2021-01-02 13:49:22

@541 you need to find the thief who stole the part to fix the power plant, then you need to find the part and bring it to the power plant, then go talk to the people in the lavender town radio tower for a new radio card.

@542 these scripts are now compatible with all gen 1 and 2 pokemon games. They already do add sounds of their own to the game.

2021-01-02 15:45:34

Has anything changed with the arrows in the rocket hideout? I don't really want to walk through walls, but I also have no interest in wandering around, either.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2021-01-02 15:51:42

KenshiraTheTrinity wrote:

@541 you need to find the thief who stole the part to fix the power plant, then you need to find the part and bring it to the power plant, then go talk to the people in the lavender town radio tower for a new radio card.

@542 these scripts are now compatible with all gen 1 and 2 pokemon games. They already do add sounds of their own to the game.

Thanks so much!
Another question. I passed Ice Path always in Pokémon Crystal, but ice gave me many problems, cause patfinder wasn't so good. Any tips or tricks to make it easier?
Thanks!

2021-01-02 17:27:51

@545, i think someone posted a hint on page 30 on the pca topic.

2021-01-02 18:08:47

Fo i forgot to put items in thd pc before i entered s s anne and i had to toss some itens. This item limit is tricky. Do i have to click on a pokemon each time i want to use a hm move?

2021-01-03 00:54:58

Computergamer wrote:

Fo i forgot to put items in thd pc before i entered s s anne and i had to toss some itens. This item limit is tricky. Do i have to click on a pokemon each time i want to use a hm move?

Yes, only in gen 1.

2021-01-03 01:50:09

How does it work in gen 2 then? How do i use hm moves?

2021-01-03 13:31:23

You just walk up to water, a tree or a boulder and press Z to use the HM move on that object.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!