2021-04-11 07:20:53

@42. You just said what I've been thinking a while ago. That's pretty cool! Anyway. there was also mentioned in Manamon2 that there was a war between Kira and Quenset. Tanjeria had it's problems. But it seemed blissful compared to Kira. But if we thought Kira was bad, I don't think we've seen nothing yet. Some how I think maybe the government of Quenset is responsible for what happened in Kira. I don't think we know the depths of Evil just yet.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2021-04-11 07:50:18

Clearly, Kiarre's drought was caused by space lasers.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-04-11 09:34:08 (edited by Dakonna 2021-04-11 09:34:28)

Lol pokemon isn't what I'd consider fun in its state of playability. Either you read gamefaqs guides or whatever that tell you exactly how many steps to take in what direction, or you run around blindly mashing A until things happen. Then you get someone to tell you where your most powerful attack option is and spam that till you hear the low health warning and get someone to figure out where your most powerful healing item is. zzzzzzzzzz.
But regarding Manamon, I still wish there was a way to translate the games.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-04-11 11:17:16

Uh, just sayin', but I played pokemon with rather minimal sighted assistance in my youth. In fact, even though it was my younger brother who wanted Pokémon Blue, and later received it for Christmas, it was me who actually beat the game first.
Yes, the button-mashing is annoying. Yes, it's sort of silly to not be able to read text and thus to not know exactly what's going on in the story. But as far as moves go? No, you don't need to be told. You save a lot. When you learn a new move, you try it out, figure out what the sound of it is, figure out whether it's super-effective, neutral or not very effective, and run with it. Or, if it's a move you don't want, reload your save and do the last fight or two over again. I speak from experience here when I say it's not a big deal. In early pokemon games, players didn't even have the ability to see how strong moves were on the fly, so it's not as if we were even at a huge disadvantage. And nowadays? No excuses at all, not with the scripts available, and not with all the guides available. Checking a guide if you really want info outside the game is not an onerous task. Or, if it is, ask yourself why so, so, so many people here ask questions about BK3, Shadow Rine, Manamon, Paladin of the Sky, Eurofly and others. Sorry, mate, but it doesn't wash. The fact is, sometimes you're gonna reach out and ask for help because a game stonewalls you or doesn't provide enough info.
Oh and...step-counting? lol Only in puzzle rooms like the arrows in the Rocket hideout, where it matters. Otherwise...kinda not so much. If you have any sort of spatial memory, you will soon figure out where stuff is. It could certainly be better, of course, but it's not this awful, herculean task either.
Or, I dunno, maybe I'm just more tolerant because I was more motivated when I was younger, and am used to games not holding my hand on everything. I dunno.

2021-04-11 11:45:37

I meen, I play pokemon sword on yuzu eeven though I have it on my switch, this way, I can read the story with ocr

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2021-04-11 13:11:58

yeah, Pokémon is one of the easier main stream games to get into. I have finished all of them, not sword and shield.

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2021-04-11 14:27:59

I haven't played Sun and Moon nor Sword and Shield, but from what I understood from this forum they are still playable despite the changes in movement. So I should give it a try eventually. Playing it in Yuzu for the OCR sounds nice but I don't know if I have anything powerful enough for that, if anything my 2017 gaming PC should still be OK I guess.

2021-04-11 16:14:39

@51: Agreed. So just from a purely theoretical standpoint, a theoretically possible third manamon game might be set there. I also had this thought a while back.

About beta testers I have a question: If you only take people you know/who are your friends as beta testers, isn't there the danger that these people won't be completely honest when it comes to feedback on the game? Or am I missing a point here?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-11 16:18:19

I'm tempted to play Manamon 2 again but i just can't get up the motivation. I was pretty far in when my computer decided to delete the .exe and my saved data file which i should have backed up. bleh.

2021-04-11 16:38:58

Picking beta testers from your friends or acquaintances raises an advantage, in that you're likely to know (or believe that you know) the trustworthiness of those involved. Also, if you select those of your friend group who you feel would make good testers, while rejecting other members of that friend group, that makes sense.
The disadvantage, however, is that you might be passing on people who have plenty of good to bring to your project from the outside. The flip side, however, is that folks from the community at large, though they may possess more varied skills, may also not be trustworthy. It's more of a wild card.

2021-04-11 17:37:27

I couldn't navigate Pokemon even at age 16. I was just bad. Around 18 I had something of an epiphany which finally allowed me to complete 4th gen independently, barring a few gym puzzles, distortion world, etc.
I found 5th gen easier from a navigation perspective, and it had the best story IMHO.
By the time gen 6 came out I was into my college years and just didn't have the time/ motivation to learn the new movement system, so I didn't play or even buy the game.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2021-04-11 18:36:38 (edited by pulseman45 2021-04-11 18:39:38)

@59: I felt the same not so long ago, I decided to replay the game with a water team and  my save file got corrupted, but at least I wasn't far, at the Soulfear cave. If I was further, yeah I wouldn't have replayed the game for a while.
I restarted and now I'm  at the part at which I'm essentially wondering if I ditch Caboerain for Angillish as planned, or if I play Caboerain@water gun  with full magic attack and  see how decent it gets.

2021-04-11 19:18:04

@60: Thanks, hadn't thought about some of that.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-14 00:36:25

I tend to agree with Haily here. Anyone who can code and develop a game is definitely someone I would be the first to say has a certain amount of my respect. The problem is he fails to listens to his consumers, and he does things that limit one's enjoyment of the game. i.e. blocking cheat engine for instance. Also, having a game where there is at least a hint of what to expect is nice. I mean, without some sort of guidance, how does one know how to get from one place to another, or what the different manamon transform into? Also, why is self-trading not a thing? I realize all of this boils down to preference, but suffice it to say I haven't even tryed finishing manamon 2, and I definitely wouldn't want a 3 unless things in 2 were improved.

2021-04-14 01:08:27

Self-trading isn't a thing because it discourages community interaction. There are good and bad arguments on both sides of that one, but it isn't flat busted. Manamon 2's method of peer-to-peer setup is actually pretty friendly. No weird friend codes, no screwing around with your router or ports or anything, you just make a room with a name and go from there.
Blocking cheat engine? We're starting to see real-world consequences for why Aaron did this. Again, it comes down to the community. Some people have actually managed to hack the game a bit, giving some of their manamon juiced stats they shouldn't have, and then beating other players with those manamon. I trust you will agree with me when I say this is toxic in the extreme for whatever's left of the online meta, and I'd wager a guess that this is why Aaron did it. I'm in favour of accessibility options to make the game easier (so an easy mode vs. a hard mode, for instance), but stuff that literally lets you wreck the intended game flow and balance? Not...so much.
Now, as for knowing what's coming/figuring out transformations? That's...kind of the point. You can only really play a game like Manamon fresh once. After you do so, you're never again going to be surprised by a plot twist or a nasty team or a weird puzzle; you will know that it's coming. In essence, you don't generally unlearn things, so the point in not knowing which manamon transforms at which level is meant to increase the game's playability and shelf life. I don't think it should be up to a developer to provide all of that info with their product; if players want to do so - the item guide has done this, as have several YouTube playthroughs - that's fine, and if you want to avail yourself of those resources, that's fine too. You play the game how you want to. But expecting Aaron to cater to you on this is ridiculous, because folks like you - who want no challenge, no surprises and virtually no ability to lose - do not make up Aaron's preferred clientele. Frankly, if refusing to add these things you want loses you as one customer, he can stand the loss, because making the game stupidly easy, cheatable and telegraphed from start to finish would alienate way more customers than just one. Speaking personally here, if Aaron did to the game what you want him to do, I'd never have bought, played or supported it; in fact, I would have torched him for completely torpedoing the essence of the RPG. An RPG is meant, in some form or other, to be a journey of discovery. If you as a player want to ruin the mystery and the journey, that's your business...but don't ask a developer to ruin it for everyone else just to suit you.

And BTW, if manamon had an easy mode, here's how I'd design it, personally:
1. All tamer manamon have their levels lowered by between 1 and 7, depending on where in the game you find them.
2. Experience earned is increased by a flat 30% (making grinding faster).
3. Items in shops cost 1/2 their normal value (your money goes a lot further).
4. Pathfinder is enabled (that is, you can use it to point out tamers and items anywhere on your map, and can get directions to them). Optionally, a quick-navigation mode where, once you highlight a target, you can click "go to target", and your character will automatically run to it.
5. Puzzle skip is enabled. This is an option where all traps are simply not included on maps.
Options 4 and 5 could arguably be included on any difficulty, mind you, though both of them, if utilized, will definitely make the difficulty drop considerably.
Alternatively, a hard mode could raise tamer levels, make shop stocks finite (still large, but finite), disable revival items in battle (using them outside battle is still fine), and maybe make traps like spikes, lasers, electric panels, moving bolts and fireballs one-shot kills (i.e., one hit kills a manamon instead of just doing half damage or whatever). If those pathfinder and trap suppression options were present in the game, they couldn't be accessed in hard mode, for obvious reasons.

2021-04-14 01:41:02

I have said many times before that I think cheat engine should be blocked for online play. However, the community aspect is pretty much dead, and many of us do not enjoy the community aspect. I am also all for figuring some things out, but needless maizes and constant backtracking is ridiculous and a waste of time. I think, based on his practices, he will end up losing customers regardless, which is unfortunate, but he will have no one to blame but myself. I am not slamming him. This is just an opinion, so hopefully this doesn't get me in mod status.

2021-04-14 01:59:27

You're not anywhere close to being in "mod status". Your opinion might be unpopular, but it doesn't break rules. You've never even been within a country mile of that, from what I've seen.

What's going to lose Aaron customers is 1. the lack of diversified movesets/teachable moves, 2. his script-writing, which needs work (I'm gonna help him with this if I can, at least for manamon 2) and 3. his overall game balance, which is getting better but which still needs work.
Also, it would be far, far easier just to make it very difficult to cheat the game as a whole, vs. making it impossible to play with cheated mons in trade or battle. Aaron went for the biggest impact with the least amount of work, which from a developer's standpoint is absolutely the right call to have made.

To expand upon my previous point though?
If manamon had a hard mode, as described in my previous post, and if it were me in charge of implementing this, I'd have some sort of reward for completing it. For example, I might unlock a few move tutors for that user ID (so it's unlocked forever in subsequent playthroughs) to give better move diversity. I might instead open up a bonus shop where you can buy better/different gear. Or perhaps I'd permanently unlock new catchable manamon in subsequent playthroughs, each of them with specific moves that they wouldn't normally get (think, for instance, of unlocking Fenabel with Magic Wave in Brytanburg Wilderness. Or Eksponge with Superspark in Kiarre Ocean. Or how about Simulon with Earthquake, Power Kick and Hone Blades in Ascendence Path? This would be much like the move tutors, but more limited and a little harder to access, but also might be more rewarding, especially if players were told that new manamon with new moves were running around, but weren't told which or where.

2021-04-14 04:56:03

All that seems a bit terious to me. I think Manamom 2 is already confusing and stressful enough to where it almost isn't fun, at least for me. I honestly wouldn't mind some of the maizes and puzzles, but why do they have to be so terious? I mean, if I can run through 1 spike room, do I seriously have to run through 3? If I can run passed 5 lazers, so I have to run passed 12 more? Those are just numbers, but I think you get my point? Also, making something in a cave that is only accessible with a given item is one thing, but making someone have to walk all the way back through that cave is complete nonsense.

2021-04-14 05:23:30

I'm honestly curious here. What does "terious" mean? Do you mean "tedious"? If so, I feel like you have a point. You may have seen me grumble about the zigzag in End of the World, which has spikes, lasers, more spikes, bats, more spikes, and more spikes. It's...a bit excessive. And if I had been making the Barren Underground, each room beyond a locked door would have been different. Room 1 would have been conveyor belts and electric panels. Room 2 would have been speed boosters, pits and a time limit (run into a pit, and you restart the room). Room 3 would have been spikes, moving fireballs and a couple of boats to ride across fire (seriously, that bit in the Cave of Fates is murderous if you're not careful). So I would have made it harder, less repetitive.
Having to backtrack, however, is just another RPG thing. I mean, yeah, too much backtracking can pose a pretty big problem. But no backtracking at all is simply not realistic. Also, I'm not precisely sure which cave you're referring to. Leave Cave of Fates till you have a strong team and all the blackmatter weaponry you want (three pieces is ideal for the boss fight); don't climb that pillar the first chance you get, unless you just want to grind a bit. Ditto the catacombs; you are not meant to finish that area until later, and you're even nudged to go back if you try and go there right away after you can first enter that area. Nah...I'd say on the whole that the backtracking in this game is pretty nonexistent. The worst might be in the rainforest and the Brytanburg Wilderness, but even that's not downright horrible.

2021-04-14 06:11:31

on the topic of transformations, I have to say  this though. The most pointless ever transformations are the walking transformations. There is literally no point in doing  that.  Unless clip clop crunch crunch has some secret and mystical meaning I am not enlightened enough  to perceive.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2021-04-14 12:31:57

Heh, I doubt Manamon 3 will be less popular than the second or first game, its one of the most beloved desired audiogames we have. This topic is testiment to that fact

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-04-14 15:00:28

@Jayde: About knowing what's coming. I think what was meant wasn't puzzles, teams or the plot but rather where to go. On multiple occasions in both games, you had to go back to another city at some point. I was often confused where to go now, some sort of guidance would have been great there.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-14 16:50:17

If you pay attention to the script though, there's never any doubt on where to go. The only reason I ever had to ask is because I literally stayed up all night and part of the next day playing the game, and was exhausted, and I kinda was skimming by that point because that script was seriously making me want to rage-quit. Everything else pretty much leads you by the hand in manamon 2. The only way I could see it being a problem is if, I dunno, you drop the game for awhile and then forget where you were. Or your memory is really bad. But this is true of most RPGs. It's going to fall to the player to keep track of that, I think. It shouldn't be up to Aaron to hand-hold.

2021-04-14 17:00:33

@Jayde: In Manamon 2, there were 1-2 points were I literally didn't know where to go, but this was much more of a problem in the first game.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-04-14 17:58:09

I'm kind of at a loss to think of which points those might be. Literally the only point in the game where I got stuck at all is when you have to go back to Brytanburg to go to Madam Boveel's, and even then, I was super tired and running on no sleep. I had to backtrack a couple of times in Barron Underground, and I remember asking about the catacombs and how far down they went. Also briefly got stuck on the weird ice puzzle in Cave of Fates. But even then, I knew where I was going and what I wanted.