2020-11-02 16:42:04

Hi all!
Why manamon 3 isn't released jet? The manamon was released one year ago. You have beta info or something about the 3 rd title of the manamon series??

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2020-11-02 16:54:50

I hope he finds a more healthy hobby to occupy his time. I have nothing against Aaron personally, but his business practises, specifically the way he does anything and everything in his power to squeeze money out of the blind community, are pretty fucking reprehensible.

2020-11-02 17:06:40

@3:

Aaron sells his products, he doesn't "squeeze money out of the blind community". His products are flawed, yes. He might even capitalize on the lack of alternatives. But his business practices are totally legit in a capitalistic society.

The bigger problem I see is that he sets a bad example for other devs. Because despite his problematic handling of important issues like customer transparency, quality control and core design decisions his games are still extremely successful.

@Topic:
No. Just no. Indie game development doesn't work that way.

2020-11-02 17:08:56

@1 bro, you need to chill. It's been a year, not three years.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-11-02 18:27:47

Rofl. If aaron was squeezing money out of the blind community, he would be using a mobile game scheme of micro transactions, which to my knowledge only exist on STW.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-11-02 19:01:52

Hi all!
My question is. Why he won't release a dlc for manamon 2?

2020-11-02 19:07:36

Do you really think someone other than Aaron can give you a direct answer?

2020-11-02 19:10:06

well it still would need coding and lots of testing, and maybe more assets that again, are not all free.

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2020-11-02 19:30:01

@Haily
What are you even talking about, he isn't Marty from blindfold games or something...
Music and sounds cost money, get over it.

2020-11-02 19:46:23

Yeah exactly. When you get people to stop buying over 60 blindfold games, then we can talk about Aaron and his prices. I am not the biggest fan of some of the things he is doing, and you already heard that on the gate topic. But seriously, Manamon is probably the best thing we have. I'm not saying everyone's favorite game though. However, give me something that has as much playtime as both Manamon games. I can think only of BK and SR. Perhaps not exactly 40 dollars, but when you think about it a little more, even mainstream games aren't cheaper and have much bigger sales. So on the contrary, if we compare the two budgets, perhaps audiogames are even cheap. But then again, if we compare the qualities of  mainstream VS audio games, there lies the reason of why they aren't more expensive.
To the original post, we never heard anything about Manamon 2 even being in the works, so the same goes for Manamon 3 if it ever ends up being released. It's better that way. In fact, just a few months before Manamon 2 was released, a friend messaged Aaron and asked him if a sequel is planned, and his answer was that it isn't planned at the moment but perhaps in the future. So, he clearly wants to keep his releases a secret until they are ready, which is something I appreciate.

2020-11-02 19:48:24

Yep. Gotta recoop those costs somehow. Because aaron actually plays by the book.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-11-02 21:03:46

8. He has betatesters, they can know something.
Other thing is strange. We don't have anniversary gift. We have only Drabao from holiday.

2020-11-02 21:05:33

Yeah, see, here's the thing about that. You can have movie quality effects, music that knows how to orgasm for you when appropriate and the best voice actors that money can buy, but if your end product doesn't live up to the hype? That's when it becomes very very not worth it in my opinion. Psycho strike and the gate are perfect examples of this, the only reason the manamon games haven't fallen down that same rabbit hole is because to be frank, if you take the assets out of the equation, RPG's are fairly easy, or at least the turn based variety Aaron is gunning for.
Now I'm not saying that his games aren't good, not if you get past the terrible balancing issues which seem to exist in most of them. His issue is pretty much entirely with sales. I mean, great that he's finally starting to offer discounts for *some* of his stuff for limited periods, but still, baby steps. I've seen playthroughs of the manamon games and have played through at least part of the first one myself, I can think of at least three audiogames off of the top of my head which have much more content, and are either straight up free or at a price representative of their value, hell, I'd argue at least 1 of them is stupidly under priced for what it is.
If assets are the only reason his prices are so high, and straight up greed isn't also a huge motivator, then sorry, but the fact that he ridiculously overspends on sounds and other more misc features of his games is entirely on him.

2020-11-02 21:10:33

it will happen when it happen, if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen, but 1 year is not enofh time to make a complex game like that.

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-11-02 21:50:33

When you as a developer say that RPGs are fairly easy, that is when  your credibility goes down, and down, and down. Too bad we have only a few of such easy games, and tons of run around and collect and kill things games. Why is this community making such difficult games when they can make a simple, turn  based RPG?

2020-11-02 21:52:07

cause it's hard to make a good one.

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-11-02 22:13:41

@haily_merry
Fair enough, but that isn't the same thing as doing everything in his power to squeeze money out of the blind community.

2020-11-02 22:26:12

60 blindfold games. what. and i think i read that they are the same basicly. are they?

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2020-11-02 23:17:39

Yes, they're basically the same game, and the guy behind them milks the blind community for every dollar like we're a herd of cows.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2020-11-02 23:43:59

wow

2020-11-03 01:16:14

People, there are these things, maybe you've heard of them? Called "bills" and "food" and "rent" and "I just spent a year of my life coding this thing without getting paid at any point and need to try to not drown in debt."
I was planning on making some horribly outdated Halflife III joke, but now I just want to go give money to VGStorm. Even though we've been working with half a crew at work for most of this year, and therefore having to do way more work for exactly the same bullcrap pay. (Seriously, if everyone who stayed on during this half crew business got pay and a half, it would have completely covered the work done on my house last month.
When audio game devs get subsidies from rich blind people who want better games, then we can talk about prices better fitting the community's *ahem* standards. Until then, well, Pokemon is not a one-person project, and the devs get paid quite a lot. And it's been nearly 25 years, so we're not talking about the originators of the concepts.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2020-11-03 01:40:27

Yeah. You're the only one asking for this and so short a time frame. Also, Manamon 3 will pretty much be the same game with a slightly different story, so I'm not sure at this point  what the purpose of another manamon game would be

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-11-03 02:26:03 (edited by Lucas1 2020-11-03 02:28:03)

@14 Great take there. Amazing, wonderful take when mainstream games are often more than Manamon. I don't think you are taking the hours of time it takes to develop a game into account, which is confusing to me because you're apparently a developer? This type of wining is pretty common, and I can just smell the privilege oozing from you. Or maybe is it jealousy? Not sure really.
It's also amazing how people talk about like, ringing all the money from the blind community, or milking it out of us like we're cows. We're not fucking cows, guys. Guess what? You have the autonomy not to pay for something if you don't want it. I don't know if you guys know this, but every single person has the power to not buy things from the STW store, or the blindfold games. I've never done it.

2020-11-03 02:26:20

blindfold games is not exactly the same, but yeah, it's true, the dude is milking money from us, and I donno, some of applevis members keep on defending him, lol. those peapol tends to turn a blind eye even though they are blind already tongue

2020-11-03 02:47:11

off topic, but dont know if it needs its own topic, but android talks is down.