2020-10-28 12:59:30

Hi.
I have heared that a french developers has made a browser online rpg called dragonium.
This game is translated to english.
The best think is that this game has features for the blind players.
The tutorial teaches you how to navigate around this game if you are blind.
Developers are still listening a suggestions so I think tat we can contact them in english.
You can fund the game at
dragonium.net.
After entering the page select english language, because it will run in french by default.

2020-10-28 14:50:31

anything eunique? I will try

2020-10-28 14:59:12

ah, put in my name and hit next, a dialog pops up asking  ok or cancel, pick ok but nothing happened. and yes my name is available to pick

2020-10-28 15:24:02

yeah that dialog is a bit confusing, click on cancel instead.

Paul

2020-10-28 16:42:40

I've found a translation bug. When it talks about "if you are blind, a level 6 title will make you go to each item in the list", title should say heading.

2020-10-28 17:11:37

Plus: the quest after the tutorial has not been translated. I think I will be coming back later once more translations are added.

2020-10-28 21:25:46

I am apprehensive in regards to the PVP aspect, but I want to try the game anyway.

Anyone can tell me what to do after the tutorial?
Dialogue with NPCs I tried is only in French.
Also what the first option in options for chat is?
It is the only thing untranslated there.

2020-10-28 23:10:40

so basically you talk to landri again and then you'll get a quest. You have to see the two recruiters for the two factions. One is to the north of some watch tower and the other seems to be in a forest. Havent got the slightest clue how to get to them though...

2020-10-28 23:50:10

Hello.

Dragonium is an old-looking browser game. I tried to make it compatible with most popular screen readers and browsers. It is not issued by a studio but by a non-profit association. I'm the developer of the game and the president of the association (volunteer).

About your remarks :
@JasonBlaze : The dialog box is is normal. If you don't read what is written, you won't be able to play Dragonium. This dialog box "against nature" is a perfect example of people in a hurry who don't read and don't know why it doesn't work.

@aaron : I changed the word "title" for "heading".

@aaron @Luel : All the game is in English but not the quests NPC : The translation is ready, I have to set it in the pages.  Craft NPC are translated. For the moment, you can use Chrome and its auto translator, it will help.

@Luel, what is the text which is not translated ? You can write to me in game, I'm Yywyn.

I'm open to all remarks ! As I'm alone for coding and I don't have time to play, I can't find all bugs. I need English-speaking players to report bugs or translation errors like you did. Until today, we hadn't any English-speaking player to help. I hope this forum will help to create a good community. We like to chat with people in the game, don't be shy ! Your account just needs to be activated (like on this forum) to be able to communicate with people.

As many people seems to be blind here, you can get a map in braille for free. The problem is that the printing software had a bug and I have to take time for solving this problem too. But I'm confident to succeed in the next days.

And I'm working for days on the Halloween event (which may be several days late ?). It will be available in English. It will be a kind of point and click game in the game.

See you soon !

2020-10-29 00:46:08

ah sorry, I am using crome and NVDA doesn't read what's inside that dialog box. maybe I set my nvda wrong or it's the bug from crome itself.

2020-10-29 06:42:17

@JasonBlaze The dialog box says :

Does your nickname really follow the rules?
- Choose a Role Play nickname
- One that does not contain your real name
- A pronouncable nickname
Click OK to change your nickname, or Cancel if you have respected the instructions.

As everybody always click OK without reading, some people say it's a bug, but it's not.

I think your NVDA settings is wrong. You could check "presentation", or "navigation mode", or "objects" (in French, it is "objets" but I'm not sure about the translation of this menu).

2020-10-29 07:00:38

ah let me check.

2020-10-29 08:20:47

Okay had a look at this one.

I'll say the headings and page navigation are extremely impressive, and I also like the use of sounds.
For people having trouble reading the alert during character creation, using NVDA I've found the best way to get around those sorts of boxes is use NVDA plus B to read the controls, and then tab to the okay button (they're also used in many incremental games).

As to the game itself, I did the tutorial, and I'm liking the ideas here, I always liked games that let you fully explore a world, and though pvp is very much less my thing, I like the idea of actually having to physically wander a map step by step, discover stuff, fight monsters and so on, and the equipment and progression system in the game looks impressive.
I'm also interested to see what sorts of different places, types of terrain and monsters the maps hold, especially given the intentional lack of coordinates, (it always bothered me in Gothador, that though you were in these huge maps  thousands of squares with stuff all around around you and very unique fantasy names, you never actually were told what the great desert, slither pit, or astral void was actually like).

I only have two issues thus far.
the first, is during the tutorial battle with the ant, the last heading on the page seemed to be health, which means I had to either go passed all the shortcuts and character info, or go down and back.
Since I imagine lots of quick fights against monsters and chances to grab loot will be happening in the game, it would be nice to be able to skip straight to the action with a heading or the like, just as when navigating cities or other squares.

the second, is I'm afraid since I do not speak French, none translated parts of the game are a bit of a problem at the second.

The class info link during character creation lead to a page entirely in French. I went with Paladin because, well Paladin tends to be a favourite class for me in most games, but it would have been nice to be able to read the info in full for all classes.

however, a more serious problem is that I complete the tutorial, go to chat to the npcs in the starting location to get my first quests, and find their dialogues untranslated, which is a wee bit disappointing when I was looking forward to getting into the game big_smile.

Since I'm more into the exploration and questing than the pvp and fighting for a clan or princess, I think like Aaron I'll wait for more of the content to be translated, but this is definitely looking pretty awesome so far.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-10-29 09:14:53 (edited by Dragonium 2020-10-29 09:23:20)

@Dark, we had a huge debate about PVP and a PVE status has been recently decided, under conditions. It hasn't been improved yet.

There are shortcuts for making actions or getting information. You can set them in Options > Keyboard shortcuts.
Choose your keyboard and your browser in the select box, and you will see all the shortcuts for the profile you selected. If no profile corresponds to your keyboard, it is possible to create one if you give me the shortcuts you want for every command available. They have been made for french-speaking countries (like Belgium, Switzerland or Quebec) but I don't know if an american keyboard is the same as a canadian one...
These shortcuts are not compatible with Firefox because this browser has too many shortcuts used for its own parameters and it is impossible to have a shortcut map with enough free links (both easy to type -no CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+X- and grouped by theme -magical attack and physical attack near from each other, not at the other end of the keyboard).

You told about health gauge. To focus on your health gauge, there is a shortcut (CTRL + SHIFT + 1 with QWERTY keyboard).
EDIT : Or maybe you are talking about ennemy's health ? Then you will use the Intelligent anchor shortcut : CTRL + SHIFT + 6 (On the attack pages, the anchor is on the target’s health bar. On the Living Souls page, it is on the top of the list of people detected).

About lack of translation : I need people to tell me what has not been translated. I know for NPCs (several craftsmen are translated, but not quests NPC). For the character explanation page, I thought it was. Thanks to Google translator, it wouldn't be much long to do. I add it on the missing translation post on the forum.

Thanks for your review.

As I already said, I'm working (hard) on the halloween event and it will be totally translated in English. So if you like point and click games, don't miss it. Read your private messages in the game to know when the event will start.

2020-10-29 10:37:17

@Dragonium, A pve status would be nice.
I'm a big fan of quests and exploration as I said, so I'll look forward to the point when quest npc dialogues get fixed and I can start getting into exploring the games' story and world.

In terms of display, my point wasn't' so much about specifically being told health, but being able to quickly skip to relevant parts of the page during monster fighting, since while there is the heading that tells you your character's health, there is still a bunch of links under that for character, shat, logout, item shortcuts etc, and at least going from the tutorial, it seemed the text concerning battles and who hit who appeared under that with no way to skip instantly to it, unlike in other bits of the game, though I'll obviously know more when I've got into more fights in the actual game itself.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-10-29 12:24:22

You're right. The fastest way to read the fight log is to go to the Intelligent anchor, then you will hear :

(Graphic) Monster's health: 0%
Red Ant
Back to map
You attack the monster and inflict 254 damage to it.
The pet Pupuce also attacks the monster and inflicts 80 damage.
Red Ant ripostes and misses.
YOU KILLED THE MONSTER!
You win 14 gold.
You win 128 experience points.

If you go to the <H1> header, you will hear :
Attack a monster
(Graphic) Red Ant
and the same as above :
(Graphic) Monster's life: 0%
Red Ant
and so on.

2020-10-29 13:09:34

I am also finder the tutorial difficlet so i hope translations happen soon  because i am realy looking foward to boath pve and also  questing! i like crafting to if there was a game with deesent crafting this this wood make me so happy!

2020-10-30 00:55:21 (edited by Dragonium 2020-10-30 02:05:26)

Crafting is rather simple for the moment. NPC do craft for you. I plan to develop jobs and abilites for characters but it needs a game designer and I don't have any. The association takes trainees students every year for coding or game design but the Covid-19 upset all my plans...

EDIT :
@Dark said "The class info link during character creation lead to a page entirely in French. I went with Paladin because, well Paladin tends to be a favourite class for me in most games, but it would have been nice to be able to read the info in full for all classes."
Now it is translated. *smile*
I'm very happy with the review of the first english-speaking players, several translation bugs have already been fixed.

2020-10-31 11:09:02

Hi @Dragonium,
let me say that you have restored my faith in the browser games once again. I have started playing Dragonium and I find it pretty interesting.
Now I dont have much time, but I wish that game all the best and I hope it will not die.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-11-01 00:39:57

Hi @Nuno
Thanks a lot for your review.

Just a word to tell everybody that the Halloween event will start on Sunday November 1st at 9pm and will last for one week. All has been translated and it is fully accessible. You're welcome to participate in it.

2020-11-01 06:24:23

hi all i just want to make a note that one of the things that needs translations in to english pritty quicly is the terms of service people need to be able to read it in there  language if you expect them to be able to agree to  it due to not everyone understanding or being able to translate french.

2020-11-01 08:38:11

Hi @Liseo.
The Terms Of Service are rather long and you have a link at the top of this page to translate them with Google. Just click the link "Google Translate" and you will be able to read them. Moreover, by clicking this link, Google can do the translation to other languages than English.

2020-11-01 11:13:58

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
Where can I find the recruiters? I have vandered in the wrong direction and I got eaten by ants lol.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-11-01 12:11:52

@Nuno : The recruiters always move in a given area. One is in a forest (look in the whole forest) and the other one on the ocean eastern shore. If you need help, do ask the other players live in the chatroom, they will help you. Tell them what you have around you (area's name) and they will find you. Many players speak English, like helping and will give you advice.

Don't be shy, we are a nice community and we love chatting with new players.

And don't miss the "Halloyywyn" event, the biggest event in the game since year 2014. It starts tonight at 9pm Paris time.

2020-11-02 12:46:36 (edited by Dark 2020-11-02 12:52:13)

I've had a short poke around the game, got my first level and gained stuff.
I'm liking the speed of combat and number of monsters kicking around, and also the way items drop, it's nice to get a game where loot means something and where you actually use the potions and such you get in your progress.

However, at the moment,  tje  things are feeling a bit aimless since all of the questsand npc dialogues are in French, so I've pretty much just been wandering around slaying random wildlife, which is okay as far as it goes, but not really something that keeps my interest too much.

I don't even know where to find this Halloween event, since when I go to the forum, the announcement is also in French, and though it mentions some other place in the world, obviously I don't know where that place is or how to get to it.

I tried google translate but it did not work correctly for me unfortunately, so again, I think I'll probably wait until more of the game's actual quests and things to do are translated.