2010-05-24 22:41:49

I just found out, may 25th is apparently Towel Day! So if you can get away with it carry your towel with you where 'er you go.

More info, this does have a point

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-05-26 02:30:01

That's random! I guess I celibrated Towel day by using a towel when I had a shower and using a towl. I know that on this website (I think it's either listverse or listafterlist) they have a list of unusal holidays. Some of them were pretty random!

2010-05-26 02:56:12

towels

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2010-05-26 15:01:31

It's in memory of Douglas Addams, author of the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy. If you've been into that you'll understand why it is towel day.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-07-28 22:34:54

i love the hichhikers guide to the galexy! i've got the radio version, the book, the tv version and the dvd but the dvd's rubbesh compared to the book and the brordcasts.

2010-07-29 05:18:17

I recommend his other work, Dirk Gently. There are radio versions of those two books available aws well which are pretty good. Very fun.

cx2
-----

2010-07-30 01:56:59

what's it about?

2010-07-30 12:13:16

Funny Cx2, I've never come across dramatizations of Derk Gently myself, i'll have to look int those.

The Derk Gently novels are about a rather odd detective who solves very weerd mysteries. I must admit I'm less keen on them plot wise than the hitch hiker books, though they are well worth reading just for Adams' own writing, ---- as in fact is his documentary about endangered species, last chance to see.

Btw, did you also know he was script editer for the bbc and actually produced several doctor who stories involving the 4th doctor? maybe that was why Tom baker was so loopy.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-08-05 10:12:13

Spam post deleted, how dare a spammer claim there is no towel day. It is simply a fan tribute to the deceased Douglas Addams, any spammers keep away from this topic or else I shall visit upon you the wrath of my cane in a most unpleasant manner.

Really, don't disrespect the dead in this way. Especially not the much loved dead.

cx2
-----

2010-08-07 11:57:09

dugless was an incredable writer.

2010-08-09 01:06:20

Too true, losing him was so tragic. The same will be true when Terry Pratchett goes as well, sadly that's just a matter of time now.

cx2
-----

2010-08-09 14:09:23

`disk world! i love the disk world books. i used to get them as dasy books but i've not got any for ages.
what's the one called wair death starts running out of time?

2010-08-09 14:15:35

Reaper Man, the auditors give him the sack for "developing a personality". If you get chance there are excellent animated adaptations of Wyrd Sisters and Soul Music. If you like the whole thing with the Auditors then Thief of Time is a very good book as well, the auditors finally get paid back with interest.

cx2
-----

2010-08-13 16:58:17

thanks. i borrowed that one and forgot the title. i hate the auditers! why do they do things like that though?

2010-08-13 23:58:51

They don't like life, it makes for messy filing. They're the auditors of the universe and like to keep things tidy.

cx2
-----

2010-08-14 01:18:29

i'm also a fan of old terry pratchet!
mort was a favourite!

2010-08-14 02:59:35

You'd be surprised just how many people are, for some reason especially visually impaired people. No idea why.

cx2
-----

2010-08-14 09:54:26

what's the one with nanny ogg and granny weatherwax in? i've red it but i forgot the title.

2010-08-14 23:51:58

There are a lot with those two in. Working from memory:
Wyrd Sisters
Witches Abroad
Lords and Ladies
Masquerade
Carpe Jugulum

I believe they also had guest appearances in some of the Tiffany Aching books.

cx2
-----

2010-08-15 12:57:12

it was witches abrord i was thinking of. thanks. wair can i get disk world books from perminently instead of just borowing them from RNIB?

2010-08-15 21:43:29

A couple options.

On CD/tape from Isis Publishing, forget the site. Also there are abridged versions readily available in shops. I know WH Smith can get the Isis ones just ask by title not for discworld or they won't show up in the search.

Also audible.co.uk for download.

cx2
-----

2010-08-15 21:51:39

thanks. i'm missing reading them

2010-08-15 21:55:35

If you get the daisy ones from RNIB you should also be able to just, ahem, copy the disc to your hard drive. This is necessary for readers like the Stream which have no ability to take a disc anyway, and what they don't know won't hurt them.

Plus it saves them posting the book out to you again if you want to reread something, so long term it saves them money.

cx2
-----

2010-08-15 22:31:22

that's one way of looking at it. hahaha. do you need any extrer softwair?

2010-08-15 23:02:35

Depends how you play your daisy books. If you want to play them on your PC then yes, I believe Jaws 11 comes with FSReader free otherwise you can get daisy readers separately. I believe Dolphin have made their daisy software available as well, I think it was £30 for a version on disc from the RNIB but you might be able to buy by download now.

cx2
-----