2021-02-05 19:49:23

Nope. no where else, but steam.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2021-02-06 22:12:24

Someone else had a similar problem they wrote about  in another topic. I replied to that with an idea about the issue but the original poster never replied so I don't know if my idea worked. My post to that topic is below and here is also the link to that topic: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/3869 … the-spire/

Seems that for some reason mod the spire initializes the mods in the wrong order. It tries to load say the spire before basemod. And since say the spire requires basemod to work its initialization fails. Not sure if this is possible but perhaps you installed say the spire first via steam workshop and after that installed basemod and this is then the order in which mods are loaded. At least for me it seems that the mods are initialized in the same order as they are shown in the mods list in the mod the spire window so you might check if it is the same for you. In case you don't know and are using NVDA the mods list can be inspected with NVDA's object navigation. The say the spire documentation has more info about that if you need it.
To fix your problem I would try the following assuming you are using steam workshop. Unsubscribe from say the spire and check from the mod the spire mods list that it is really gone. Then subscribe to it again and check from the mods list that it has appeared and now hopefully after base mod. Also check that it is enabled which you can do with object navigation if using NVDA. Possibly you could also unsubscribe from basemod and say the spire both. Then ensure that you subscribe first to basemod and then to say the spire. Hopefully this helps but I am not sure what determines the order in which mods are initialized so this might not work.

2021-02-07 02:18:55

I was able to unsubscribe and subscribe to both mods. first I did basemod then slay the spire. only, when the game came up nothing happened when I moved the left thumbstick when I pressed start on the control it brought me to the settings menu, but I couldn't click on anything when I pressed a.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2021-02-07 21:04:09

Hello there, just wondering, do you now when keyboard support will be added into this mod, really would like to try this thing out and I'm loving this game and play it with text the spire, however, would love a more mainstream experience and don't currently have a controller. I'd try this with keyboard splitter, but I can't get that thing to work. Got the drivers installed, but when I open the thing up, it just opened for a brief 30 seconds and then closes.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2021-02-14 09:54:21

Hi.
I am loving this game with this mod. However, I still don't quite understand how to plan a route through the map. I know that the right stick shows you what's around, but I can't seem to understand how to know the paths well enough to plan out where I want to go.
Any tips would be great. Thanks for the amazing mod.

Stevie-3

2021-02-14 15:47:49

You might try using Text the spire when planning your route. That is how I do it as I have previously mentioned here. In case you don't know already,  text the Spire is another accessibility mod that makes Slay the spire text based. It can be used together with say the spire. I feel that it gives you a better overview of the map and allows you more easily to plan your route and compare different paths. Of course some people just find it confusing and manage just fine with say the spire's map functionality, so it is not suitable solution for all.

But here is how it works. It has a map window which just lists for every floor what they contain. As an example  here is a part of the map for couple floors from my current run:

Rest Floor:13 X:1
Elite Floor:13 X:4
Rest Floor:13 X:5 

Shop Floor:12 X:2
Rest Floor:12 X:3
Unknown Floor:12 X:4
Monster Floor:12 X:5 

Unknown Floor:11 X:2
Unknown Floor:11 X:3
Monster Floor:11 X:4
Elite Floor:11 X:5
Rest Floor:11 X:6

Now this just gives you an overview and does not tell anything about possible routes though you can make some guesses. For example you should be able to go from the floor 12 shop to the floor 13 x:1 rest but you cannot say if you can get to the elite from there. But you can find all possible routes to that elite from your current location which in my case is beginning of the act with the command:
path 13 4
Which gives you a result like this:
Unique Paths 48
Elite 2, Rest 1, Unknown 1, Monster 8,
Monster 1 3, Monster 2 3, Monster 3 3, Monster 4 3, Monster 5 2, Elite 6 2, Monster 7 3, Monster 8 4, Treasure 9 3, Monster 10 2, Unknown 11 3, Rest 12 3, Elite 13 4,
Elite 2, Rest 1, Unknown 2, Monster 7,
Monster 1 3, Unknown 2 4, Monster 3 3, Monster 4 3, Monster 5 2, Elite 6 2, Monster 7 3, Monster 8 4, Treasure 9 3, Monster 10 2, Unknown 11 3, Rest 12 3, Elite 13 4,
Elite 2, Rest 1, Unknown 3, Monster 6,
Monster 1 3, Unknown 2 4, Unknown 3 4, Monster 4 3, Monster 5 2, Elite 6 2, Monster 7 3, Monster 8 4, Treasure 9 3, Monster 10 2, Unknown 11 3, Rest 12 3, Elite 13 4,
Elite 2, Rest 1, Shop 1, Unknown 1, Monster 7,
Monster 1 3, Monster 2 3, Monster 3 3, Monster 4 3, Shop 5 3, Elite 6 3, Monster 7 3, Monster 8 4, Treasure 9 3, Monster 10 2, Unknown 11 3, Rest 12 3, Elite 13 4,

and so fort for all 48 options which can be overwhelming so you might not want to look directly to the end of the act from the beginning. You can instead look first bit earlier and then look forward from there. For example you can check if you can get from the unknown x:2 on floor 11 to the floor 13 elite with command:
path 11 2 13 4
Which did not provide any results so there is no path there. Now this process can be somewhat tedious but in the end it can give you more understanding about the possible routes. I copy interesting routes to a text file so I can compare them and when I start progressing I can check the text file for where I should go next. If using this with say the spire the floor numbering differs with say the spire starting floor numbering from 0 and text the spire from 1.

2021-02-14 22:25:16

@356 Thank you for the explanation. I just installed Text The Spire and am checking it out.
Another quick question, is it essential to plan a route each time you play? SO far, I've kind of just been winging it and I've made it to the third act once without ;planning my path.

Stevie-3

2021-02-15 00:08:15

If you want to go for all bonuses, yes.  You'll need to figure out if you want to plan for an elite heavy run or maximize question mark rooms.  I think I mentioned him earlier in this topic, but check out happieruphere on youtube if you'd like to jump in for getting high scores on your daily runs.

2021-02-15 00:08:40

It's not essential, but it can help. BTW, in case it would help, I did some demos of Say The Spire, I should make a playlist and maybe redo at least one of them because I was still trying to fix the laptop microphone when I recorded them. Anyway, I cover mapping.

http://www.youtube.com/user/khomustu

2021-02-15 01:02:19

Well, that is interesting TBH. I am loving say the spire for everything but planning my next adventures with this integrated cursor and map system it is just super easy instead of using text the spire and complicated coordinates system which I was trying over and over and can't understand it even now. With say the spire it is just super easy and I've got it immediately when tried that for my first time. It is the closest way to the sighted gamers experience with Slay the spire in my opinion and works the best but well, everyone is different, right? smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2021-02-15 21:55:52

I would argue that it is quite essential to plan your route in advance if you want to win more consistently. However it does not mean necessarily that you decide in the beginning of the act a single route that you follow whatever happens. More ideally you would give yourself some options along the way: first I go this way and if things go well I can go here to fight some elites but if things do not go well I go here where there is more rest sites. If you don't plan at all you can miss good opportunities and encounter more risks. For example you could have a lot of gold but miss all shops or you could endup on a route with multiple elites and regular enemies with no rest at all. I generally try to find 3 or even 4 rests but 2 can suffice. I also want at least one elite, preferably 2 or even 3 if I feel strong and there are rests nearby. I also want a shop and then both regular enemies and unknowns. Of course map layouts can be tricky so you seldom get exactly what you want and you just have to figure out what route is the best in the current situation.

@Lirin sounds like you have a good memory for the route alternatives and a good ability to create a mental picture about the route possibilities. Or alternatively you just have normal abilities and mine suck smile . I understand how the say the spire system works well enough but just feel that I cannot understand the different possibilities with it. I can explore one route well enough but exploring multiple routes and remembering their differences and similarities feels hard. Though admittedly I have not tried hard. Since I started playing slay the spire with text the spire I just kept using it for routing except for some minor route exploration with say the spire. But otherwise I think that playing with say the spire is much more convenient.

2021-02-17 21:01:22

hello!
can you help me?
how can I unlock the watcher?
I had finish with the defect but it din't unlock!
what can I do?

2021-02-17 21:44:09

do you are subscrived in the achievements mod? if don't, you need to do that to enable your unlocks and achievements

Sorry for my english

2021-02-18 09:46:35

Here is a link to the Achievement enabler mod @alisson mentioned.

2021-02-18 21:37:47

how can I use it?
please!

2021-02-19 01:14:02

I'm not sure if anybody else is having this problem, but the game seems to crash whenever I choose standard mode. I can do the daily climb with no issues, but with say the spire and text the spire standard crashes.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2021-02-19 07:52:30

What mods do you have installed besides Say the Spire and Text the Spire? Also what language are you playing in?

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2021-02-19 08:55:00

just base mod and achievement enabler, and the communication mod.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2021-02-19 09:26:17

The same crash started to happen to me yesterday with the same mods and language is english. The exception in the slay the spire log refers to an error from text the spire. I can post the log here later today. Though first I am going to try to investigate a bit more. Namely I'll try to see is it just text the spire or say the spire and text the spire together that cause the crash i.e. I'll try with one of the mods disabled and see what happens. If it is only a text the spire problem I'll create a github issue about it for the text the spire project.

2021-02-19 19:33:51 (edited by ambiramus 2021-02-19 19:34:47)

I'm using achievement enabler but nothing appen
how can I use it?

2021-02-19 19:46:08 (edited by blindndangerous 2021-02-19 19:46:30)

If it's from text the spire, put it on the github so Wensber knows about it.

2021-02-19 19:50:18 (edited by stewie 2021-02-19 19:52:49)

@ambiramus Achievement Enabler, when activated, allows you to get achievements. You'll probably have to re-earn the ones you should have received before (so in terms of unlocking the fourth character, sorry you probably have to beat the game as the other three again). Sorry for the inconvenience, I thought I put the fact you needed Achievement Enabler in the readme but apparently it's not there. I'll fix this for the next beta which is coming soon.

@thetasigma Can you please post the log even if you resolve the issue? I may be able to fix it even if it is a mod conflict.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2021-02-19 21:34:53

So the crash at the standard mode character select screen is a text the spire specific issue since it happens also when say the spire is disabled. Someone has also already created a GitHub issue about it.

About unlocking the watcher. What I have read says that you only need to have the other 3 characters unlocked and then beat the game with one of them to unlock watcher. And I assume that achievement enabler has to be active when you do get that win.

2021-02-22 14:25:06

Just asking. Hey @stewe its possible to ad some identifier for the elite with the emerald key? Yesterday I whas playing with some friends in together the spire, and we get into the elit by accident.. but will be great have a way to know whych elite has the key, to avoid other elites if you want

Sorry for my english

2021-02-22 15:50:43

I believe there is already an identifier. It has a fire symbol next to it that NVDA can see.