2024-03-10 09:26:59

If you want to see more of sts visual lore, you can actually look up it's tv tropes and laugh along with some of them there.
judgment is like that one card made just for spheric guardian. If you get turn 1 or 2 judgment, the thing's dead before it can do anything else because what the card does is set its health to 0 without actually dealing damage. On the other hand, you can negate blasphemy death by being intangible. Say, if I have something like incense that very turn I draw blasphemy or somehow manage to cheat ghost in the jar in as a watcher (it's a silent only potion), or even wraith with store card or whatever, I'll not hesitate to use blasphemy that turn because it'll just do 1 damage without killing me. blasphemy deals 10001 or something damage to you. That's what it does. That's how you normally die from it.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2024-03-13 00:38:43

OK guys, please help. I still cannot read this damn map LOL. I sort of get it, you have to use control arrows to move around, but I don't understand what it's telling me and I can't work out how to find the path with the most rest sites for example. can someone explain step by step how they do it and what the thing reads out? apologies I@m sure it's been answered way back but I can't find it. it seems you can move from side to side anywhere you want on the map and I thought it locked you into a path even when using control arrows.

2024-03-13 02:22:16

I don't know how to record myself and the game at the same time, else I would have, tbh. If anyone can put up a clip or something, field demonstration may work better in this case as oppose to text explanation.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2024-03-13 02:33:42

1003, we could chat over voice some time if you like, discord maybe. PM me if you like

2024-03-13 14:26:45

I recommend the Flight mod. It will let you freely explore the map with your arrows, since you're now uncapped as to where you can travel. You can still maintain a vanilla playthrough by simply not picking the map squares that say (Requires flight).

Spill chuck you spots!

2024-03-13 15:32:10

The ctrl arrows/right stick cursor is a viewer; it doesn't move you on the map directly.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2024-03-13 16:13:46

1006 yeah I understand that, what I find hard is that it seems to say a lot of things very quickly when I move with the ctrl up and down arrows. so it says for example monster monster monster monster unknown. i'm not sure if the unknown is a choice point, can I move ctrl left and right at that point? for example I hit ctrl up arrow once, it says all this stuff, has it gone to the next logical branch point?

So if I want to plan a path with as many rest points in it, that feels hard to do. I guess I just don't understand something basic sorry LOL

2024-03-13 16:14:48

1005 flight sounds interesting. is that kind of sort of cheating? theoretically you could get a card, hop to a rest site, upgrade it etc etc.

2024-03-13 16:24:19

1006, sorry I'm sure this has been asked before, but can you use a mod like downfall on slay the spire and have it read? downfall seems to be the one everyone talks about and the hermet sounds a fun character. but not sure how or if say the spire will support it?

2024-03-13 16:44:01

It does let you cheat if you want to, yes, though you're still limited to the choices at the floor of the spire that you've reached. The flight mod doesn't let you just jump to floor 15 when you're at floor 1 -- all it does is give you the in-game flight modifier which you can get in custom mode or via the winged boots relic. The Flight effect gives you free selection between the various options on the same floor, it doesn't give you omnipotent movement.
Mind you, what is cheating in a single player game? Game how you like. I used it because it gives me much better ability to explore the branches and floors.

Spill chuck you spots!

2024-03-13 17:46:07

@EdnunP there's nothing to apologize for, those are all valid points. I do plan on adding an option to let you move one room at a time and I should clarify the map output a little. Unknown means a questionmark room (it is literally marked as "?" on the map visually and means some random event will occur there.) Choice points are explicitly labeled as "choice" before the first choice, so it might say "monster, monster, monster, choice Unknown" meaning there are 3 monsters in a row, then after the third monster the path splits and the first choice direction you landed on is an "unknown" room. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to represent the map as it's basically a number of rooms connected by lines in an almost tree-like structure (IE there are paths forward but not back, currently ctrl down moves you back to the point you took before moving the view cursor along a forward path.)

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2024-03-13 18:11:05

Sure, I get that. but what I don't get, ok let's say we start on a monster I hit ctrl up, it says monster monster monster unknown. I understand there are 3 monsters then an unknown. that makes sense to me. but if I ctrl cursor left and right at this point, it seems to move. so does that mean the map virtual buffer auto moves you to the choice? and the choice is unknown plus something else?  in other words, does ctrl up always move you to the next branch point on a path?

2024-03-13 18:17:52

@EdnunP exactly, ctrl up and down always move you to the next and previous branch point on the path respectively (move your view cursor, not the player itself.) I will add an option next update to move one room at a time though.

2024-03-13 19:48:40

If it doesn't say choice, it's not choice. But the last item on each path of a map is always choice so if it's monster monster monster choice unknown, that's where it's going to branch out and moving left and right from there moves you between the choices, some of which may cross paths with other choices in later paths. Remember the coords, that's all I gotta say. You'll need it big time if you want to do heart run, to hunt for kburning elites for key.

2024-03-14 08:51:58

Hello, is the shortcut key to check my energie working for you ?
when I press y I got nothing

2024-03-14 10:43:26

it's control y, not y.

2024-03-14 11:21:42 (edited by hasajaza 2024-03-14 14:48:12)

@1016 Yes I know, Control g, Control h, and control b are working but not control y
Problem solved: it seams one of my addons is using this shortcut.

2024-03-14 23:53:22

Does anyone know if the downfall expansion mod works with say the spire? I imagine using the boss's doesn't work properly, different UI? but not sure.

1,014 heart run? Oh boy I'm nowhere near that good yet. I've only beaten the game on act 3 twice in the 90 hours I@ve played it, once with iron clad yesterday on strength build and once with silent, more by luck than anything else. Gonna be a very long time before I can even try the heart.

2024-03-15 01:48:56

downfall doesn't. It does with normal battle but doesn't work on map or boss.

2024-03-15 08:52:39

Thanks Mata I think I won't install it then. A shame, but completely understandable. I might get the hermit as a seperate character if he works, that could be fun and flight does sound interesting.

2024-03-15 09:15:17

anyone knows how to use the singingBowl relic? it allows us to increase our hp instead of adding a card.
Whenever I got this relic I don't know how to use it.

2024-03-15 09:54:52

Press f at the card selection screen. This is also how you activate certain relics, though I can't remember off the top of my head what relics can be activated this way.

2024-03-15 12:48:16

ok thx

2024-03-15 14:51:20

The Hermit is great fun. Its new mechanic of dead-on card effects is a unique twist on card management.

Spill chuck you spots!

2024-03-15 23:24:55

I think from looking at the documentation which I did yesterday, it's only singing bowl that's mentioned which you need to hit f to use it. There might be others of course that are not mentioned. I've never got this one so never tried it. or if I did, I just didn't know I could use it like this LOL