2020-09-20 19:48:10

@Dark:
I can understand why you would think that.

As a side note, this is the species of buffalo which refused to be domesticated, and apparently they do remember the humans who wound them.

Also, I have begun the empire games trilogy, the sequel of the Merchant Princes series.

in the end of the original series, things got really crazy, America bombed the other reality into the nuclear winter, India and Pakistan broke out into a nuclear war, and considering that Charles wrote that book just after the two years of the 26 11, he probably wasn't that far behind in predicting the war.

As a citizen of India for 21 years, I feel that both of these countries have been a perpetual state of war ever since the inception of the Pakistan.

Usually, its like the cold war, where both sides make various threats and such, but sometimes the outright war breaks out.

And I can see that happening if some day we heard on the news that there are people who can warp in and out of reality. both countries would make claims against the each other of using these people against either of them, and the war would start.

2020-09-23 06:58:32

@Dark eagle, that's slightly scary as regards India and Pakistan, and not particularly something I'd heard. Then again, most Indians and Pakistanis I've met have been third or fourth generation English, so how far they've followed the country's politics I don't know.

I have finished peace talks. Actually it did get extremely good, albeit the hole Dresden angxt thing and tendency to self flagellate reared it's uggly head once again, though I wish we'd seen more of his daughter maggy.
what was really interesting, was the way Butcher ended on a major cliff hanger.

While he's done this before, they've still tended to be conclusive cliff hangers, here however, he literaly stops with Dresden going into battle, and a potentially gigantic world changing event on the horizon, indeed I hope Butcher keeps up the tension for the next book and that we're finally going into the end game, as the name checks and summing up of much of the series suggest.

I never actually read the two collections of Dresden shorts, side jobs and brief cases, so I will probably do that fairly soon myself.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-09-23 12:41:53

@Dark:
If there is one comparison, then it would be the comparison of US and soviet union around the 70's and 80's. Politicians from both sides use the public hate for their own gain, and thus, keep the both countries on a near war like state all the time. Not to mention bullet exchanges and such every now and then.

Thanks to Kenshira, I finally have a place where I can read the light novels. I have picked up A Certain Magical Index, exactly where the anime left the story, and there, for the second time, I encountered a an amusing US president.

Just like Arthur from the Laundry Files, Reberto Katze sounds like a guy who might be a great president... around 50 or 100 years later. Because I don't see the current crowd choosing him. I wonder what Kamachi thinks of all about this? It would be a nice thing if he gave a interview or something regarding all of this.

2020-09-30 22:20:55

hi, can anyone tell me where i got my signicher from?
its a  chalenge

"But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain,
ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker?  Did you ever wonder what
made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?"

2020-09-30 22:58:51

The Terminator?

2020-09-30 23:04:31

yup!

"But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain,
ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker?  Did you ever wonder what
made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?"

2020-09-30 23:05:00