2020-08-24 14:24:23

Hi. I have recently noticed that it seams like the mods stopped posting links to disciplinary actions in the topic. Means you can no longer check what happened unless you search your self. The mods only stopped recently with that, and it concerns me a bit cause it wasn't made for no reason.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-08-24 16:04:40

It is enough work to actually tell people what they do just because everyone wanted transparenky.
Same if they have to post multiple things at once, they would have to have 2 tabs open and search on one and fill the other on the post.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2020-08-24 16:59:43

If they do the disciplinary post at the same time as the punishment, nope, wouldn't be a big deal to copy paste. I wonder if they just forget sometimes then come back later to do the disciplinary post.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-08-24 17:05:43

I mean... the search feature says HELLOOOOOOOO! Note the caps.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2020-08-24 17:18:09

In the disciplinary action topic it says that a staff member should post a link of where the punishment happened. quote from post 2 Aaron
"Just a quick update before posts begin proper here, when a staff member creates a post detailing a punishment, they should definitely link to the topic in question where the punishment was originally given, to allow forumights to find more details and view the punishments in context."

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2020-08-24 18:40:29

Ah, forgot about that.
Also, I think they forget and don't do it at the same time, but for me it isn't a big deal anyway.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2020-08-24 20:49:25

If I want to see the post, I'll find it, but yeah I think this is something they should try to provide links for. Either way, not gonna make a federal case out of it.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-08-25 03:03:52

Ugh.. We had this same argument a few weeks ago and Jayde said he won't do it.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-08-25 03:33:01

No, this is a slightly different issue.

I said I won't update the first post to show who has warnings or bans active, and I don't think it's necessary.
What I also said is that I virtually never provide a link to the thread in question. I never have. Others have at times, and are more consistent than not.
My reason for not doing it is because I try to give enough info when I give a warning that someone who's really curious can go dig up what happened. I will say stuff like:
Joe-bob has received a warning for personal attacks in the thread about Billybob's twitter client.
This gives you more than enough info to find out what you want to know.

I don't normally keep multiple tabs open, and for me, this is just more overhead that isn't necessary.
That said, I'm one person. I'm going to talk to Carter and Aaron about this, and we'll vote on it, and if they actually want it enforced, then I will do my level best to do this more faithfully.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-08-25 06:49:44

You could just CTRL L in the topic, copy the link, then hit tab then go to the warning topic and paste the link.
So having a secondary tab isn't needed

_____

2020-08-25 12:53:05

I would like this to please be enforced a little more. Yes it is a little more work, but it then gives people the opportunity to find the offending post in question.

2020-08-25 13:23:23

what's wrong with having two tabs or more. Do you know that you can use control page up and control page down to scroll tabs and you can also use ctrl + number to go to the specified tab? I'm just replying here not suggesting

2020-08-25 13:41:40

If the first post never gets updated, why are outdated bans still present in there? I mean, those are already false informations so they should be deleted at least.

2020-08-25 14:13:39

@9
August 13, 2020: Omer has a warning for nonspecific personal attacks, likely but not definitively aimed at the creator of a questionable thread.

O this ammound of info, you are right. Sorry but from that info you can barely find the topic, and also the other posts for an example against ogomez or deadstar.

2020-08-25 15:10:51

If I never joined this forum, I wouldn't know that keeping two tabs opened is so complicated and difficult.

2020-08-25 15:46:32

@15 exactly, o my got, jayde has to press 2 fucking keys at once. O, my, got. Which human beeing manages that without dying instantly or breaking their fingers? It is like the control+s or the windows+m hotkey.

2020-08-25 15:49:00

The thing is as I pointed out you don't even need multiple tabs opened. Just copy the damned link. Jeez.

_____

2020-08-25 16:18:14

There is a way to do it where it goes straight to the post in question. The heading level 3s that are each post's title are also links. You can go to the post in question and hit your applications key then e in chrome - might be different in firefox but there is definitely one - to copy the link address, then in this thread, make your post and do the whole

[url=https://mylinkhere.com/stuff[/url]

and paste the link after the equal sign.You don't need two tabs open to do it this way.

As to the updating the first post thing, yeah that's just needless busy work imo. If you want to know, find the post and do the math. Why should the staff spoon feed you this information. Y'all are capable of finding out if you really want to. I mean, even I am and my math skills are abysmal.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-08-26 21:40:09

What I usually do is clicking on Jaydes profile, then on his posts, and then searching for the word moderation. Yes, it's a few more clicks, but it really doesn't matter.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2020-08-27 09:15:35

Quite obviously it's not difficult to post links. I do it when I see a need to do it, which is, for instance, if I'm sharing news articles and whatnot. Please don't mock. At no point did I ever state that it's too difficult to keep multiple tabs open. I usually have several open at a given time.
What I feel is that linking is pointless. This is my personal opinion, so before now I have been loath to go the extra step when if you really want the info, you can dig it up in five minutes or less in virtually every case. I'd say that situations where I've given too little info to track are few and far between; let's not go representing the exception as the rule, as that's a disingenuous way to impugn someone's actions.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-08-27 10:26:08

I think I trust the mods enough that I don't care to search it.  If you do, then that's on you... I don't see why on earth they should have to provide more conveniences.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-08-27 13:20:14

Fair enough actually, that makes sense. Usually more often than not, if I were to go to, say, Jayde's profile and view his posts I'd be able to see the punishment he's talking about fairly quickly.

2020-08-27 15:23:04

I am thinking here people are just complaining for the sake of complaining and there is no  good reason for that. As others said if you want to look up a specific topic you could just do it.. Jade did not ever said that opening multiple tabs is hard or complicated or whatever. You are just putting words and his mouth in my opinion

2020-08-27 15:32:35

The thing is though, not only Jayde moderates and he's not the only one who hands out warnings. In the current situation, he is, but normally it shouldn't be the case. If the other mods were more active, it would be way harder to track punishments and warnings.

2020-08-27 17:17:05

@23 Well i wonder how you think that, but it's your thing after all.
@Jayde, you practically invited to do that, cause you where complaining about exactly that. For me, sorry if i am harsh, but it sounds like you try to dodge discussions about decisions by making it harder for people to find what you and other mods are you doing, and i really wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.