2020-08-28 22:31:59

SW crashes when I import a page to an HTML progect. I literally just downloaded and installed it and I'm using the installable version.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-08-29 01:08:35

I just created the page in the program.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-08-29 02:17:14

Hello!
@25 I admit I have been sstumped by your error. The research I have done seems to indicate a conflict of visual studeo versions or some such?

@26 if you drop me an email, and attach your page I might be able to track down why it is crashing.

@24 No, no credit is required.

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2020-08-29 13:24:43

Hey.
Im waiting when you'll repair this php error?

meow meow.

2020-08-29 14:44:25

@PatrykK, Give the guy a chance, LOL.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-08-29 15:13:05

Hi.
When running the exe from the portable, ---------------------------
Fatal error detected
---------------------------
Failed to execute script Sunrise Waterfall

OK   

2020-08-30 03:48:58

wow! its amazing

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2020-08-31 00:32:08

Hello!
I hope you all are well.
For those still having issues running the program, a fresh installer and portable version have been uploaded and will work nicely for you with any luck.

@29 If you wish me to identify your php error please attach the file in an email to [email protected]

@32 glad you like it

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2020-08-31 15:04:19

but this file was generated by sunrise watterfall. when creating a form

meow meow.

2020-08-31 17:45:34

@34 still find the file and send it via email

2020-08-31 18:49:45

@34 what @35 said.
I have no idea what you are entering that could be effecting it.
That's why I need to see specifics smile

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2020-08-31 19:46:14

Hi Nathan. I have a slightly technical question, and got the program to run. One question though. This appears to contain the DLL's for TKinter (TK) which is an inaccessible Python GUI library. I'm going to go out on a lim here and assume you're using WXPython for the GUI. So my question is then, why include all of the TKinter stuff if it isn't even used? Not including would make the package, as well as exe file, lighter.

2020-08-31 20:28:22

@37 I... Admit? I didn't look too far into the DLL's and just assumed the wrapper I used to package it all together just knew what it is talking about.
Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely have to look into it.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2020-08-31 20:29:25

Hey @1, just a heads up, if I create/generate a php mail form  and title one of my input fields something with a single quote in it, your program does not handle that by adding escape characters in strings in the form code. It through some errors at me but after I added some backslashes everything was good.

-
That Guy. Serving those people since that time. To contact, use that info.

2020-08-31 21:17:54

@38 That sounds like nuitka to me! big_smile

2020-08-31 21:21:27

@40 not quite!
@39 good to know! smile

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2020-09-02 18:14:11

Unfortunately, this waterfall is still quite not as smooth as it should be smile
Seriously though, the old version was definitely less buggy. Ok, so what happens is I export a project to HTML, and the program complains about an error and that I should check my encoding settings, which of course doesn't make sense since I always use UTF8. However, when I look in the folder itself, the project is actually exported perfectly fine and the special characters work as expected, thanks for that fix by the way. So that's not a huge problem, but my issues with the program are mostly with the new features. There is a very useful feature allowing you to import a file, except it's very problematic at the moment. When I import a page, the program first of all crashes. However, if I load it back up along with the project, the page is correctly imported, or at least it seems so on first look. However, the page loses it's title, and possibly other things as well though I can't say for certain as I tested with only a simple page with a title and a link to go back, where the link was retained but not the title. Third and the final crash happens when activating the options to view elements or reorder them. The program hangs for a bit,, then displays the elements, without any way to go back out of that screen. There is no back button, close when tabbing, escape doesn't work, basically you have to quit the program. Hopefully these things can be fixed.

2020-09-02 21:22:43

Hi there nidza07,
It sounds as though the program is struggling with one or more of your entries from within the program.
Unfortunately without seeing the page I am unable to track it down fully.
As is the same with the above, if you drop it to me in an email, I will be more than happy to see what is going on and immediately push out an update to fix your issue.
Unfortunately I rarely, if ever, work with UTF8 so a few things may have slipped the net!
Emails can be sent to [email protected]
Hope this helps

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2020-09-02 21:26:57

Sure thing, I'll duplicate the bug again and send you the test results in an email. Thanks for your support.

2020-09-06 17:21:52

hey. what with form creator? it dont works.

meow meow.

2020-09-07 04:07:17

Hello PatrikK,
Please refer to my earlier posts.
Thanks!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2020-09-09 00:32:48

Hello!
This is just a status update for the most part.
I've tracked down some bugs to do with encoding and the like that cause the program to crash in certain instances.
I'll likely push those out into an update very soon.

@nidza07 You didn't send me an email, or if you didf I didn't get it. Are you still having problems?

A reminder to all, I can not help fix the contact form unless I am provided an example to see where the program is tripping up, for me, they work fine. half of PHp is all about what you the person inputs, so while I input;: "Please enter your name." and it works, you might be entering something else.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2020-09-09 21:29:52

Hello!

Sunrise Waterfall version 3.3 has just been pushed out to the general public for consumtion.
It is mostly a bug fix release fixing the following:
Bug Fix: Fixed where including UTF8 characters in the mail form would break it.
Bug Fix: Fixed where including UTF8 characters in certain elements would cause the program to throw a hissy fit.
Bug Fix: Fixed crashes with importing UTF8 web pages.
Bug Fix: The program can now handle quotes, apostrophies and dollar signs, as well as backslashes.
Bug Fix: The program now will output the php file into the correct folder when exporting the project.

3.3 also now has the Nathan Tech updater found in programs like Luna RSS for easy updates in the future.
The link remains the same as in post one.
Enjoy.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2020-09-09 21:37:15

Hey Dardar,
sorry for not contacting you, I was a little busy so could not set up the pages and send them. Now that you released the update though, I'll give that a try and send feedback if I still have issues.

2020-09-10 09:42:26

Thanx a lot for the updates. this app just keeps on getting better and better. keep up the good work.
I am not some one who use editors for HTML, or atleast i was not, untill i found this one. It just saves a lot of time when working with pages. once again, thanx alot!

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.