2020-08-17 23:51:58 (edited by FallingSquirrelGames 2020-08-26 03:42:42)

Hey there!
Want to play The Vale: Shadow of the Crown? Didn't have an Xbox One for last month's demo? 

We'll be releasing a demo on Steam and Itch.io next Tuesday - sign up to our mailing list or check back soon for more info

Note: you will not receive an e-mail until next Tuesday.

Feel free to put your feedback in this thread once it comes out.

Thanks everyone!!

EDIT:
The PC demo for The Vale: Shadow of the Crown is live!

Get it on Itch.io!

And soon on Steam! To go live August 26th

2020-08-18 00:31:04 (edited by Lirin 2020-08-18 00:31:58)

Hi,

Nice to hear that! Is the new demo any different that the previous one you released? I guess yes but can you actually provide any changes / new stuff in it?
Thanks!
I am waiting to put my hands on it when it will be out (when my son will give me a chance haha)

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2020-08-18 06:50:08 (edited by ogomez92 2020-08-18 06:50:46)

You wanted to make your antispam system so sophisticated, leave the 3 fields empty etc, that I just can't get it to work. Not subscribing. thanks though. Looking forward to playing the game. I didn't get to play the first demo so this will be nice.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2020-08-18 08:04:34

Looking forward to the new demo of the game

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2020-08-18 15:00:07

Hi,

Will it be possible to get the demo outside of platforms like Steam and itch.io?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-08-18 15:11:11

WHyt no STeam or itch? Itch is completely accessible and Steam is OK too.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2020-08-18 15:11:34

I don't know why there are so many demos. It feels like a tease at this point honestly. I get that things happen and that release dates can be pushed back, but how is another demo going to do anything. I'm ready for the full game. I already played the first one, and that's enough to let me know that I want to grab it when it drops.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-08-18 15:14:56

Hey Ogomez,
Sorry to hear you're having issues with the sign-up form. It's a bundled one with our web content management system  - but if you're able to let me know your problems with it, I'll see if I can make some changes.

Lirin,
We always have to balance not-revealing our story while giving you something new to experience - so there should be some new content in the demo, but I don't want to be too specific right now. I'll try to update you on this later this week if I'm able.

Julian,
Do you mean on a platform other than PC? Currently this demo will only be for PC, but The Vale will also be releasing on Xbox One.

2020-08-18 16:49:25

@Fallingsquirrelgames:

No, I meant if you will be able to download the demo not only on steam, but also, for example, as a download from your Website.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-08-18 16:51:31

they have already said the demo will be on Itch.io. it just involves going to a website and clicking a link.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-08-18 17:13:56

yeah i agree with 9

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2020-08-18 17:31:22

loved the previous one, excited for this one.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-08-18 18:01:40

@10:
Yeah, that's no Problem for me. I just wanted to know.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-08-18 18:52:35 (edited by jack 2020-08-18 20:08:42)

@Julian/@titan_of_war: Itch.io is extremely accessible. Steam isn't too bad now either. You don't need a download link on an individual website. You'll be fine. I see Julian is fine with it so you should have absolutely no problem downloading the demo.
Looking forward to the game demo myself.
@Ironcross32: So they took constructive feedback from the previous demo, actually implemented it in and now you're complaining about another demo? Come on dude, this is transparency we're talking about. The factthat the game is nearing its second demo and was presented at GamesCon as an xbox playable demo doesn't make the game a tease at all, but rather a sign the game is nearing release. It's great that you are willing to pick up the game when it is released, but this is something to play while we wait for it to be officially released.

2020-08-18 19:01:26

Hey IronCross  - I definitely understand where you're coming from. We are doing another demo for a few reasons:
1) Platform- we really want to continue to have new players check  out The Vale. The recent Xbox event brought a lot of people to us who couldn't play on that console. So we want to give them a chance.

2) Testing/Feedback - Even though a lot of things stay the same, we're still always looking for feedback and where we can change things. Even feedback-related changes that can't be implemented for The Vale can be used in future titles.  Please note that we are definitely striving to include new content for ardent players like yourself. Though I completely understand if you want to sit this one out and save yourself for the full release. smile

3) Promotion - as we gear up towards release, we've found this is a great way to garner interest/support. Also, we're happy to be pushing this one on itch.io as well! It'll be a great chance for us to wet our toes with the platform, and an easy and DRM-free way to access the demo.

2020-08-18 19:25:36

Hi,

I don't know why you seem to tell me off for asking a simple Question. The Thing is, I made the mistake of researching what itch.io was AFTER I made the post where I asked the Question. I simply thought itch.io was complicated to use.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-08-18 19:56:42

@16
I think you just answered your own question as to why he was being harsh with you.
You didn't check first before asking the dev if they could go out of their way to provide an unnecessary alternative.
But hey, now you know itch is cool, I thought it would be just like steam at first too so I get it.

2020-08-18 20:05:25 (edited by jack 2020-08-18 20:06:01)

Believe it or not, not everyone goes for a web hosting plan with significant data storage. Indeed most still run through cms providers directly and a purchased domain, since distribution markets are more common. So asking the dev to provide a spearate download link:
1. Is just one more link they have to maintain,
2. Implies assuming that the dev has the space to do it. For one game it may be ok, but for 10? THat's another matter. Remember that this is a mainstream title we are talking about, so asking several hundred megabytes to a gig of storage is no small order in some circumstances.
If we want to bridge the gap between audio and mainstream, then we do need to take the initiative to catch up to the rest of the mainstream community. So hey, glad you did the research, but maybe next time you could've done it before asking point-blank. Now you know.

2020-08-18 20:31:02

Hi.
Will the new demo be different from the Xbox demo?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-08-18 20:40:16

Looking forward to this; I quite enjoyed the second demo. Will the final game be available on the more accessible store? I hear Steam isn't too bad, but installing it is a pain.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-08-18 22:18:51

nice to hear that their is a new demo coming up, itch.io is fine withme, i used it more then once to grab  a game rather then steam

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2020-08-19 02:32:53

Although we are waiting for the full version, but no problem, enthusiastic to experiment, waiting

battle.net tag abdallah#22878 the new one because i lost my previous account
my facebook

2020-08-19 04:35:16

yay, will be fun to try this out.
I hope we will see more into the story and features, such as the map system.
Why steam such a problem for many of you though? it's not that difficult to install TBH. try once and you'll see what I mean.

2020-08-19 07:43:45

I'll be grabbing this demo too for sure. And although I've tried the 2 previous ones, adding some spices to this newer one might be a reason for it to be picked don't you think? smile

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2020-08-19 09:00:20

Hello,

Sorry, I think I understand my mistake now. I will be sure to do my Research before Posting next time.

Oh, and #freeGCW