2020-08-17 20:32:39

I promise it's not click bate.
I know the sounds are not ideal, I play to change them to something more distinguishable.
Finally indentation report via audio on Mac OS and it works on textmate, XCode, Visual studio Code, etc.
I can't release this yet as I will need to code sign the app, but I will get an apple develoepr account soon anyway because of my iOS game projects
Check it out
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6bc5ht1qv6bl … t.mp3?dl=0

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2020-08-18 01:13:45

Hi Oriol,
this sounds very interesting actually. Would you consider this an open source project and others can get it running on their systems or do you plan to release this when you get your dev account.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2020-08-18 06:47:54

Yeah I'll open source this of course. It's quite easy to setup actually.

2020-08-18 18:41:44

But the Lag! I don't know how anyone can dream of coding on MacOS because there is so much lag.
So much lag. the lag even lags. you are spending minutes on lines because there is so much lag.
AAAAAAAAArg! Here comes the lag monster.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2020-08-18 18:47:33

This is really cool. Looking forward to a release

2020-08-18 20:09:46

Kyleman123 wrote:

But the Lag! I don't know how anyone can dream of coding on MacOS because there is so much lag.
So much lag. the lag even lags. you are spending minutes on lines because there is so much lag.
AAAAAAAAArg! Here comes the lag monster.

i am sorry bud screw your lag. i mean i never hat lag wile coding on mac os. and your post has nothing to do with the topic.
soren out

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2020-08-18 20:58:50

@6, lol he was joking big_smile

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-08-18 21:26:33

Sounds pretty cool actually.

2020-08-19 06:22:00

There's still stuff I need to work out, like trigger only when pressing up / down arrows instead of in the background, and change the sounds to something elss confusing and that's it.

2020-08-19 10:38:07

I'm not going to code on my mac ever again, but this could be really interesting. In fakt, I'd go as far as to say this should be included in voiceover itself, it's a so much needed feature, even NVDA saw the reasoning behind it, so why won't apple?
All things aside, that's a really awesome idea, thanks a dozen! I wander, however, would you want, sometime in the future, of course, to make this open source and some instructions as to the setup and build? this way, we could show apple that we are already some steps ahead of them, with vo at least. Perhaps that will motivate them to work harder? who knows?

2020-08-19 12:48:12

Might even be worth emailing Apple's accessibility team.

-----
I have code on GitHub

2020-08-21 03:49:20

Lag will be fixed in Bug Sur. Hopefully without the bugs.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me