2020-11-07 20:23:08

How should i get the game?

When i download from both link i get a empty bz2 file

2020-11-08 05:41:41

Majno,

I'm not sure what's going on. The file should not be empty. You could try grabbing this latest snapshot, direct from the developers.

2020-11-08 19:57:12

Hi.
I want to understand the rules and how to play this game so can some one  who is familiar with this game make a recording which will explain some basics.

2021-01-20 01:31:14

so ... this game can never be played with a keyboard. true?

i am the best bread in the world.

2021-01-20 16:48:26

It isn't playable with keyboard alone, you can still use a screen reader to play it by moving the mouse around, using the keyboard, but that isn't the same thing.

2021-01-22 22:09:15

Recording a how to play would be a very cumbersome task, since it involves talking about basic game mechanics, themes, rulings and situations. However, there are plenty of introductory guides on how to play, many of them written in text, others on youtube. I don't know what your main language is, but probably there are some in it, definetly if it is english. When you read the rules and understand how to play, then Forge is your next pick. And yes, using NVDA's golden cursor you can definetly play it just with your keyboard.

2021-01-23 01:10:19

@156 Sure, but I think a general demonstration on how to use the golden cursor hotspots and such with the program wouldn't be that difficult. I've been playing magic for about 4 years so I at least understand the rules. And I'll also say that there are hundreds of guides out there that you can find rather easily.

2021-01-23 05:15:53

yes I agree on someone should make a guide using the golden marker thingy

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2021-01-27 18:58:40

How does one get to the game settings tab specifically, or any other tab than the match set up tab? I figured out how to get there using object nav with the numpad, but I can't intuit the keys to get the focus on it.

2021-01-27 19:28:30

You can route the mouse to the tab and click it with numpad-slash, or the laptop equivalent, which I believe is nvda-left-bracket.

2021-01-27 22:11:34

How do I route the mouse specifically?

2021-01-27 22:15:35

NVDA-shift-M, or NVDA-numpad-slash, depending on your keyboard layout.

2021-01-28 01:58:48

Awesome. Thank you kindly man. Managed to figure it out a bit. It's a pretty wild layout, but what once you figure out the nuance of it, it starts making a good amount of sense.

2021-01-28 05:43:14

Hey,

I'm glad you're enjoying it. The layout is definitely a little confusing, but most of the non-game parts of the UI at least have reasonably consistent structures. Things like drafts, deck editing, and so on are all handled in a similar way.

There's definitely some room for improvement, I just haven't looked at the code for a while and am not as great with Java accessibility stuff as I wish I were.

2021-01-28 15:03:43

I've thought about posting this to the MagicTCG subreddit. From what I've experienced, there are plenty of programmers (Java and otherwise) who play MTG and might be able to help.
If this project gets anywhere towards complete, you could use your existing knowledge (and any other contributing programmers) to try accessifying Mage or X-Mage.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2021-11-29 10:44:33

hi there. Am I the only one with this problem? Whenever I play commander, I will be able to select cards that are being displayed in extra windows such as my commander or a card from a library just fine, after a while though, when I try to klick on mentioned cards, nothing seems to happen. I'm on MacOS by the way. Help would be really much welcome.

2021-11-29 19:11:57 (edited by zkline 2021-11-29 19:13:47)

Hey,

It's been a while since I looked at this, but I haven't had those issues with cards. How are you selecting cards, by routing the mouse or using VO-Space, or something else? I know that the mouse/Java handling on Mac OS can occasionally be tricky.

2021-11-29 20:22:29

it doesn't't really matter, I tried both and was unsuxessfull. Maybe we have to link up somehow, and I show you the problem one on one. Best regards, Marcel.

2021-11-30 06:58:30

I think some of the recent updates broke some stuff in accessibility. For example, in deck editor I can't choose to filter by set anymore. Also, I don't know why, but since I recently upgraded to win 10 Forge started to crash a lot more, basically everytime after ten minutes of card browsing.

2021-12-05 07:08:53

I've definitely seen some crashes, but they happen kind of randomly for me. They are one of the reasons I haven't been doing much with the game, it's very annoying to be playing a game and suddenly lose all your progress because Java decided to throw a fit.

I wish I had better news to report, it's very irritating because no one else seems to be able to reproduce these issues. I wonder if they might be related to the Java accessibility system.

2021-12-30 12:00:28

Greetings. Marcel again. This time with a new bug on forge 1.6.47. Again, while playing especially Commander, whenever you even attempt to play your commander, it will usually work once. However, after you played it for the first time, even when by the book it is supposed to return to the command zone, for voice over on Mac at least, that zone looks empty, making this variant nearly unplayable. Best regards, Marcel.

2022-01-11 01:09:01

Currently, Forge crashes for me whenever I try to open the deck editor, and for some reason golden cursor can't store positions on Forge anymore. Don't know if that's just here, but right now the program is quite useless to me, which is very frustrating, Forge gave me many hours of fun.

2022-01-11 01:14:09

I am curious what version of Java you're running? I know that with newer versions some of the accessibility as regards GC seemed a bit degraded.

I haven't encountered the deck editor crash in particular but do encounter others during play, which makes it very frustrating.

2022-01-11 02:51:46

I'm curious..
How accessible is this game currently?

2022-01-11 21:39:15

With NVDA object navigation and golden cursor and a fair amount of patience, and now as it seems with the right version of Java also, it is mostly playable. I'll try to install an older version of Java to see if it resumes working here.