2020-06-29 16:35:21

theoretically not, only for envswite. Why would you want to use it as yours in the first place? I mean... Come on.

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

2020-06-29 17:41:17

Hey all, do you know how I can put sounds into the game for the doors and stuff?

2020-06-29 19:39:53

I wanted make audio scene, but I dont have too much sounds.

meow meow.

2020-06-29 19:42:16

Well there are plenty of resources posted here for that. You'll have to do some work to find good ones, or process ones that are not up to par, but have potential. But I don't think using the sound bundle from this game is necessarily appropriate for your own projects unless the devs claim otherwise.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-06-29 21:31:45

Hi,
At post 27, whenever you go to build a door, the builder will ask you for a sound for a specific action. You can call this sound whatever you like, just make sure it exists in the folder.
Whenever you ask to build a new environment, it creates a new nearly empty folder with the chosen name. What you do at this point is find and if needed, edit sounds and then place them into the folder. Once you do that your ready to begin building, although you are of course free to add or remove sounds depending on your needs the engine is flexible.
Also, although there isn't much I can do to enforce this, the bundle was designed for env suite. There are a lot of places you can get sounds for little or no money down, like freesound, sonniss, pro sound effects, ASFX, etc.
To find a lot of these sounds I actually went on a sound effect, browsed the on sale section and sorted price ascending and got me a ton of sounds that way, most of which will be used in other projects. All in all it's a win win, you save big, people get fed, you get new sounds to play with, etc.
A new version is in the works though at the moment, I'm going to start focusing on another project, the update will be released, though unless there are major issues that need correcting in this current version it may take a little while to get it prepared.

---
Email through the forum is welcome. Twitter: @phCrafting website: www.phantomcrafting.com
---

2020-06-29 21:49:06

Thank you all.

2020-06-30 09:12:26

And, how to build a wall using the builder?

meow meow.

2020-06-30 17:19:21

To put a wall, all you have to do is go to the builder by pressing p, then scroll to wall. Press enter and fill in the textboxes. After this, it'll ask you for your sound. You should also make sure the sounds are in the folder that was created when you built your invirement. If you want to build a wall that's more than one square, do the same thing but instead in the builder menu go to block.

2020-06-30 17:40:48

the builder doesn't have a wall option, walls and staircases are both blocks.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2020-06-30 21:25:36

it dont works.

meow meow.

2020-06-30 21:38:09

All you have to do is go to builder. Then go to block, press enter and fill in the text boxes. It'll then ask you for the sound for the block, make sure your sound is in the folder you got in the invirements  folder when first creating the project.

2020-07-01 12:36:47

it is, but game seems to dont see it!

meow meow.

2020-07-01 19:00:49

Hmm. When you created an invirement, it should have given you a folder in the invirements folder.

2020-07-01 19:02:19

And I added here the wav file.

meow meow.

2020-07-01 20:47:06

yeah but did you name them in the format the game expects?

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-01 20:51:08

How?

meow meow.

2020-07-01 23:07:33

It tells you in the readme.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-02 00:04:04

yeah, I hate to use this stupid acronym, but RTFM! It's called, readme, for a very good reason! If you don't, read, it, you will have questions a many, so just do us all a favor and look at the thing.

2020-07-02 12:22:06

The read me dont says that.

meow meow.

2020-07-02 15:00:23

Readme wrote:

In order to create surfaces, you must name your files as follows:
surfacehardland.extension: a hard land sound for your surface.
surfaceland.extension: A land sound for your surface.
surfacestep(1,5).extension: 5 step sounds for your surface.
surfacejump.extention: Is optional, and is the sound for when you jump off of one particular surface.

Wanna try that again?

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-02 16:01:33

it is for surfaces. you even dont know, what you writing tongue

meow meow.

2020-07-02 16:30:26

wall is part of surfaces/blocks, for me I just name the file like, walbed.ogg or whatever , you can easily look inside the test folder smile

2020-07-02 22:50:14

Hello,
For those struggling with building an environment I highly recommend you try examining the test environment. Although it doesn't use all the features used there in environment suite, it should give you enough material to begin building an environment of your own.
Also, for wall sounds, you first need to name them, the default prefix is wall, and so you should name them walldebris.ogg, wallmetal.ogg, etc. If you set the prefix to border, the same idea follows, although this time you use border. Bordermetal.ogg, bordergeneric.ogg, etc.
If you want to use wall for your wall sounds, you don't need to adjust prefix as the default prefix is wall.
Also, very important. Please make sure you set extension to the file format your using for your surface sounds! You can use other extensions everywhere else, however for surfaces they all have to be the same extension. I'm considering walls a surface.
This, combined with the readme and the test environment should be more than enough to get most people started. I'm already seeing some insane usage of this engine and it's honestly mind-blowing the things you guys are doing with this.
Bye for now!

---
Email through the forum is welcome. Twitter: @phCrafting website: www.phantomcrafting.com
---

2020-07-15 20:06:33

Are there no environments being submitted? Or are they just waiting in the queue.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2020-07-19 16:45:07

i created a few  envirements a few days ago when i had some inspiration,   could  submit them if there was some sort of a repo for that.

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw