2020-06-18 02:48:31 (edited by Zarvox 2020-06-18 02:50:10)

It has been awhile since we have heard any news about spam bots on this site, unless I live under a rock. I just checked, there are 37 guests and 5 registered users online right now. I wonder how many of those guests are spam bots and how many are human. If any mods or even regular users have any recent spam bot stories, I and possibly others could use a laugh. Also with the global situation around, I am sure sites are being flooded with ads for supplies and treatments, I don't look at the news so no clue if that is actually happening.

2020-06-18 06:32:42

I'll be honest and tell you that I try not to check my emails unless I must.  most of them would be spam, so I'm sure if I gave you my pw you could have as many laughs as you like there.  Of course, you'd have to become a spammer or scammer and try to convince me to give you my pw to begin with...

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-06-18 09:20:02

I’ll pass on that mission. Keeping up with my own email is enough. Lol

2020-06-18 17:50:10

I got a few PMs about cures for Covid-19. I think I'll stick with my face mask, hand san and disinfectant wipes thank you very much.
I actually get very little email spam since I started running my own email server.
Why is gmail free? because they sell your name, email address and contacts to whomever will pay their price.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2020-06-18 18:32:01

There was this one Spambot story best portrayed by just pasting the whole thing. However, that tends to summon more spambots. Maybe I'll put it in Pastebin and link to it?
In summary: spambots were commenting on a blog, advertising a fertility witchdoctor. Things escalated from there in dramatic fashion more suited to a suspense flick.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2020-06-18 18:32:17

Hmm, some person called scarlet 7777777 emailed me telling me that they wanted to have sex and yadadadadadadadadadadadadadh. They said that they knew me and that they wwere from Ireland. It was confusing AF. I reported it but I haven't heard back

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-06-19 00:31:41

I recently got an email by some mrs, thanks to my iphone deleting my spam folder so i can't see the email anymore (btw does any one know how i can get rid of that? It's anoying because sometimes useful stuff like from webhosters that i have accounts on comes in and gets deleted without me seeing it), and she told me "in tears" that her man just died. And now she wants to give me his 31000000 dollars.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-06-19 01:50:58

Oooo Simter, give me some

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-06-20 13:33:59

I get on Twitter the I want you to see my pics for a price spam, then I get just the usual scammers on my old email, which gets 1 k emails per day anyway.
The best was one from a woman that had money to give me from her dad so I could save her from some camp.
It was interesting because it went very, very far.
I wish I've had talku before so I could call her back then, but what ever.
Now her email doesn't even exist anymore.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2020-06-20 14:46:42

on youtube we currently have the i want to be friends spam. I am right now trying to catch such comments to see what happens if i answer. The legend sais, if you aanswer these comments your google account gets hacked and then posts the same crap and subscribes to a youtuber called vexy.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-06-20 14:58:59 (edited by NevEd 2020-06-20 15:01:44)

Anyone who uses the chat app MeetMe knows about the spam bots on there. Usually they have no bio whatsoever, maybe 1 picture, and they always start with "Hi!" I remember when they used to obviously be these people from foreign countries trying to scam people out of money and I used to troll them, it was funny when they'd take the bait and beg or plead their case.
They have ones that will give you a cell phone number to text. Wonder if there's a place I can post that number on to have weirdos contact them, give them a little spam of their own.

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:
https://discord.gg/2duutDtGFa